What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Activate a script

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Activate a script
Author: Message:
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Activate a script
Just setting Enable=1 in the registry will not start the script. Windows Live Messenger has to be restarted first.
07-27-2009 07:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
fanatick

O.P. RE: Activate a script
Yes and when i restart it dont work because i can add the script  , active it when double clicking and import it , and when i desactivate it , in a registry he is not in disable he is always in enable.
07-27-2009 07:20 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by fanatick
To make a pack of many script and auto install us .

Surely it'd be easier to just have a batch file to do that?  Just to run the PLSCs one after the other?
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5222 days, 22 hours, 19 minutes, 18 seconds ago
07-27-2009 07:50 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
When i desactive it , the script stay "enable" in windows registry
You need to refresh the registry window.

quote:
and iin C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts , when i create a new folder and dezipp the .plsc , and after i go to windows registry the folder dosnt exist
Of course not. Simply unzipping the PLSC is not the same as installing the script via Messenger Plus!. Messenger Plus! does a lot more things than simply making a new script folder. eg: creating a registry entry for that script.

quote:
and when i create a new Dword, and i wrote 1 , it don't work.
Because Plus! does not check the registry all the time. It only checks the registry for those flags when it is instructed to do so. eg: when you reload/restart a script, when you enable/disable it from the Preferences Window, when Messenger starts. So, simply changing the registry value does not tell Plus! to read that new registry value.

--------------

fanatick,

It seems you're making things a bit complicated and/or that you don't quite understand what the regisrty is or does.

Plus! already installs and activates the script when you double click on the PLSC (the script pack) file. So what is the exact reason why you need to make you own installer, apparently without the basic knowledge (eg: workings of the registry) you need to know to program one?

Remember that installing a script, in the PROPER way, is not simply unzipping the PLSC file and setting some registry flag. It also involves stopping and disabling the existing script, registering DLLs if there are any defined in the ScriptInfo.xml file. And it also involves instructing Messenger Plus! to reload the scripts.

All this could be done by some program you make yourself, sure, but all this is already done by MPTOOLS.EXE anyways. So why would you want to make another program which does the exact same thing?

PS: If you don't want to double click and want to automate the install process a bit, than simply use this command line:
    MPTools.exe /ImportScript="path/filename of the script package"
This is the exact command line which is executed in Windows when you double click a PLSC script package.

This post was edited on 07-28-2009 at 05:00 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-28-2009 04:14 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: