What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » New Phone Suggestions

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
New Phone Suggestions
Author: Message:
foaly

38 / Male / Flag
RE: New Phone Suggestions
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
disclaimer: although me, curtis, sam, and alby are disagreeing about which HTC to get, i'm sure we can all agree that *any* HTC is better than an iPhone.
Well as long as it is newer then the very first htc touch mda... yes, we do...
08-21-2009 11:02 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
Sorry to hijack a thread, but I'm kinda after a new phone to replace my Nokia 6300 and I've looked at some that are WAY out of my pricerange (N97 for instance)...but I've just been on the phone with Carphone Warehouse (the guy who did my contract in fact!) and amongst others they've recommended me the Nokia 5530 and I was wondering people's thoughts on it and/or alternatives in a similar price range?  I can get it for £139 unlocked from CW (maybe cheaper on eBay, or elsewhere, but that's the max)
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5214 days, 7 hours, 34 minutes, 23 seconds ago
08-21-2009 11:22 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Kenji
Sony X1 or X2.

Don't listen to anyone who suggests to get an iphone, they are idiots.
I have an X1, and although it's a great phone, at this point I wouldn't suggest getting a Windows Mobile based phone.

The X1's hardware is great, but Windows Mobile is a dying OS which was originally intended for old PDAs, and it still feels like that, meaning a lot of the UI was just meant to be used with a stylus. You can get all kinds of fancy shells which make it more bearable, but there's only so much you can cover up with a 3rd party shell. And UI can still be incredibly slow. Besides that applications being developed for it isn't anything like for Android or iPhone.
There is a new Windows Mobile version coming up which attempts to get rid of the PDA feel, but I doubt if they'll succeed. And most likely you wouldn't be able to upgrade your Windows Mobile phone to a newer version of the OS.

My contract doesn't end for a while, but I think my new phone would be an Android.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
08-21-2009 11:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Th3rmal
Veteran Member

Peek-a-boo! I see you!!

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
quote:
Originally posted by Kenji
Sony X1 or X2.

Don't listen to anyone who suggests to get an iphone, they are idiots.
I have an X1, and although it's a great phone, at this point I wouldn't suggest getting a Windows Mobile based phone.

The X1's hardware is great, but Windows Mobile is a dying OS which was originally intended for old PDAs, and it still feels like that, meaning a lot of the UI was just meant to be used with a stylus. You can get all kinds of fancy shells which make it more bearable, but there's only so much you can cover up with a 3rd party shell. And UI can still be incredibly slow. Besides that applications being developed for it isn't anything like for Android or iPhone.
There is a new Windows Mobile version coming up which attempts to get rid of the PDA feel, but I doubt if they'll succeed. And most likely you wouldn't be able to upgrade your Windows Mobile phone to a newer version of the OS.

My contract doesn't end for a while, but I think my new phone would be an Android.
Exactly what I was trying to get across. :) Winmo phones are too much hassle, so unless youd like to spend time  making it into what you like, id get something else.
You have the intellect comparable to that of a rock. Be proud.
08-21-2009 01:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: New Phone Suggestions
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
HTC Diamond2, and on that note, please be sure to mail me your N95 :p
If you wish to pay for the repairs on the phone (works most of the time just has a few issues occasionally), and also the postage to you, you can have it ;)
quote:
Originally posted by ICQ
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
been seriously considering it, if i can find a 3 store stocking the 16GB 3GS.
why not have a look at Optus for a 16GB IPhone?
Because I am doing it as part of a loyalty upgrade on Three.

Thanks for all the suggestions folks, I am looking into the iPhone, however a lot of Three Shops are out of stock at the moment, I also looked at the N96 but wanted something a little different to my N95 and its not much different.
...there used to be a signature here :)
08-21-2009 08:25 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
If you wish to pay for the repairs on the phone (works most of the time just has a few issues occasionally), and also the postage to you, you can have it
PayPal address please, give me shipping cost to Canada :p
PS: yes I'm serious ;>

This post was edited on 08-21-2009 at 08:42 PM by prashker.
08-21-2009 08:41 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
quote:
Because I am doing it as part of a loyalty upgrade on Three.

Thanks for all the suggestions folks, I am looking into the iPhone, however a lot of Three Shops are out of stock at the moment, I also looked at the N96 but wanted something a little different to my N95 and its not much different.
i used to be with Optus for just over 7 years till i changed over to telstra. i think at the end of the day, who has the better network.
08-22-2009 02:30 AM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: New Phone Suggestions
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
quote:
If you wish to pay for the repairs on the phone (works most of the time just has a few issues occasionally), and also the postage to you, you can have it
PayPal address please, give me shipping cost to Canada :p
PS: yes I'm serious ;>
Unfortunately I was banned by PayPal for being underrage, so I need to wait until December until I turn 18 to get it activated again.
08-22-2009 06:22 AM
stephenmorphey

39 / Male / –
Hi Eddie

I have BlackBerry Storm 9500. Well the model really very attractive not only for a smart phone,but also in the mobile world.

I have the Storm from two weeks now and I highly recommend it to anyone that wants a high-end business smartphone. It came with the latest firmware update and I have never experienced any lag or slowdown at all!The Internet Blackberry Service is just great on that phone with gorgeous huge display.

Hope this review will help to you.
09-01-2009 07:42 AM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: New Phone Suggestions
Recieved my iPhone today, brilliant phone, love all the funny apps on it, i essentially also now have 3 iPods so if anyone wants to score one of them? :P

SonicSam, I will get to you about the N95 soon...
09-03-2009 07:48 AM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: