What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » sharing folders? :(

sharing folders? :(
Author: Message:
swgeek10056

O.P. sharing folders? :(
sorry for only asking questions and not answering them, but that's mainly why i came here. let me first start out by saying that i like a lot of the new features of the build 14 wlm. but i noticed something very different from 8.1: there seems to be no sharing folders! i clicked on the "files" button and there was "send a file or photo" as always, but i liked the synchronized sharing folders. now there's this thing called skydrive that as far as i can tell you need to either make a special folder for each of your contacts... seperately, or you can share one folder with all contacts. i'd like to just have the old sharing folders back; i don't know if any of you people on the forum could change anything but since this is the official forum and i dont want to spend about an hour looking for a button labeled "feedback" i thought i'd post it here

so recapping: i admire that the new skydrive feature is available, but i would be very greatful if sharing folders were once again available and scynchronized with your contacts.

thanks for reading all that, and thank you for your help so far. i hope my request is at least considered as a possibility and gets into the hands of the right people.
02-20-2009 12:25 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Moh

– / Male / Flag
RE: sharing folders? :(
The Sharing Folder feature has been discontinued in the latest version of Windows Live Messenger. Sorry, I dont think that they will even add it again in the upcoming versions.
02-20-2009 12:35 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
swgeek10056

O.P. RE: RE: sharing folders? :(
quote:
Originally posted by Moh Zayadi
The Sharing Folder feature has been discontinued in the latest version of Windows Live Messenger.
yes, i realized that and i thought i had acknowledged that in the original post. but do you know WHY the sharing folder feature has been discontinued?

This post was edited on 02-23-2009 at 09:48 AM by swgeek10056.
02-23-2009 09:47 AM
hiya104

32 / Male / Flag
agree share folders where useful... who had the idea of removing them was off his pot at the time
08-31-2009 12:33 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by swgeek10056
sorry for only asking questions and not answering them, but that's mainly why i came here. let me first start out by saying that i like a lot of the new features of the build 14 wlm. but i noticed something very different from 8.1: there seems to be no sharing folders! i clicked on the "files" button and there was "send a file or photo" as always, but i liked the synchronized sharing folders. now there's this thing called skydrive that as far as i can tell you need to either make a special folder for each of your contacts... seperately, or you can share one folder with all contacts. i'd like to just have the old sharing folders back; i don't know if any of you people on the forum could change anything but since this is the official forum and i dont want to spend about an hour looking for a button labeled "feedback" i thought i'd post it here

so recapping: i admire that the new skydrive feature is available, but i would be very greatful if sharing folders were once again available and scynchronized with your contacts.

thanks for reading all that, and thank you for your help so far. i hope my request is at least considered as a possibility and gets into the hands of the right people.

This is the official forums for Messenger Plus! Live, not for Windows Live Messenger.  No-one here [directly] has the power to change anything like this.

I'd imagine that all of the factors were taken into very careful consideration before removing sharing folders. 

Any existing sharing folders will definitely be lost any any content would have to be re-created.
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5220 days, 22 hours, 34 minutes, 24 seconds ago
08-31-2009 01:53 PM
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
It has been removed in favour of Windows Live SkyDrive.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6560 days, 1 hour, 39 minutes, 54 seconds ago.

09-01-2009 05:25 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: