What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Quick status buttons

Quick status buttons
Author: Message:
Kattejammer

O.P. Quick status buttons
Hey guys

I've reinstalled Messenger Plus! Live on my pc after upgrading to Windows 7. It works great except the small quick status change buttons, that used to be to the left of my display picture, aren't there. I am going crazy without them. I've checked the settings over and over but can't find anything about them and the same goes for the forums.

I feel pretty stupid because I'm sure it's quite easy to get them back, but I can't manage it on my own - so please help :)
10-02-2009 01:13 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Quick status buttons
Sounds like a feature which is added when you install a skin. Maybe you chose the option to delete personal files when you uninstalled Plus! ?
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
10-02-2009 02:53 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Kattejammer

O.P. RE: Quick status buttons
I have considered the possibility, and I do remember playing a little with skins when I first installed Plus. But I am pretty sure I ended up with none of them, because I can't tell any difference in the looks of Messenger. But you don't think it's one of the standard features?
10-02-2009 10:27 AM
pollolibredegrasa

formerly fatfreechicken

35 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Quick status buttons
quote:
Originally posted by Kattejammer
I have considered the possibility, and I do remember playing a little with skins when I first installed Plus. But I am pretty sure I ended up with none of them, because I can't tell any difference in the looks of Messenger. But you don't think it's one of the standard features?

Skins don't have to actually change the way Messenger looks, they can be used to simply add/hide various buttons and there are skins that just do this. The option you're looking for is not an option of Messenger itself, but was most likely added using one of these skins.

One example that has the feature you're looking for is Avalon Concept 2009. In this skin, changing the option "Chat Window Status Shortcuts Position" to "near DP" should do the trick.

Hope this helps :)

This post was edited on 10-02-2009 at 11:28 AM by pollolibredegrasa.
;p

[Image: chickennana.gif] Vaccy is my thin twin! [Image: chickennana.gif]
10-02-2009 11:28 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Kattejammer

O.P. RE: Quick status buttons
Ha ha ha, as soon as I saw the screenshot of Avalon Concept I knew that I had installed that skin before. And after reinstalling it - there the buttons were. Thank you so much, it would have taken me forever to figure it out for myself :)
10-02-2009 02:42 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: