What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » BitDefender Internet Security 2010

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
BitDefender Internet Security 2010
Author: Message:
E521

RE: BitDefender Internet Security 2010
BitDefender itself is a firewall, BitDefender Internet Security is spam, adware, etc etc protection.

I have BitDefender Total Security and the moment I install it, Plus! decides its no longer going to load and I get the (till now) never seen before message "Plus -> Software not loaded".

While I'm no novice user, I for the life of me cannot find any other reason that Plus! has stopped working, I use it all the time without problems (other than those that I cause and fix).

If its not BitDefender then I will appoligse, but for now, I'm happy that the problem is with the BitDefender definiation of what Plus! is... That adware thing will likely plague the software till its removed - I frankly don't care one way or another.

Google reports the following links (some non-English).
http://forum.malwarecity.com/lofiversion/index.php/t134.html

So I'll start talking with BitDefender to make sure there is nothing on my end of this software package stopping Plus! from working. And who knows, maybe I will need to say sorry :P
10-17-2009 01:30 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Well, at least there will be something good out of the delay related tyo the release of Plus! 4.83. I have fixed the compatibility issues with BitDefender, expect an update available in the next couple of days.

For those who were curious: the problem came from the multiple protections/hijacking BitDefender does into Messenger to add its own things. It had nothing to do with the sponsor :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
10-18-2009 05:03 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
E521

Hey that's great news Patchou.

And I did say I would have to say sorry. And, I stick to it. I am sorry for linking the obivous problem to BitDefender. At the time it would seem obvious that BitDefender would block MP!L like certain other products do. So to Patchou and team I am sorry that I thought it was that causing the problem.

On another note, for anyone using BitDefender, and simply cannot wait for a patch (raises hand), you need to fully disable the Real time protection.

Here is how:
  • Open BitDefender.
  • Click on Settings near the Minimise and Close window buttons. Where it says "Switch UI to:" Ensure it reads "Expert". Click Aplly, click Ok.
  • From the left side of the menu, click Antivirus. Remove the tick in "Real-time proction is enabled", which will change into, "Real-time protection is disabled".

That at least works with BD Total Security 2010
10-18-2009 10:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: