What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize

Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize
Author: Message:
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
RE: RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize
quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
quote:
"Do you not get it?  It's a yes or no question, Black or white. There is no agree or disagree.  We were discussing whether Obama has or has not lied.  The subject has no room for self opinion.  Yet you continue to argue the idiotic point that theres room for grey....
"

I am disagreeing with your opinion that he lies about tons of things. So there is disagree and agree. And that's all that your writing is, your opinion. Stop acting like what you write is fact and everyone thinks it.

It's not like asking "Do you think abortion is right or wrong?".  That question has room for personal opinion.  Asking "Has Obama lied?" is a simple yes or no question where  agreeing or disagreeing with opinion is not possible.  You can't disagree with documented lies (Obama quote vs. actual facts) And I've asked you what topic you've wanted me to show you proof on, yet you don't answer me. 

First, Obama promised he would close down Guantanamo Bay as soon as he became President.  It's now 10 months later & Guantanamo Bay is still open & taking more prisoners.

Obama promised to negotiate Health Care Reform on C-SPAN so America could have a real say on the reform... but they all ended up having the meetings behind closed doors. The first bill was written by a special interest group & the second bill was written by corrupt politicians with small details int he bill that benefit his lobbyists & others that contribute to his political campaigns. 

http://www.breitbart.tv/naked-emperor-news-obamas...-mayhem-it-caused/

So here's a few articles you can educate yourself on.

Fact-Checking the President on Health Insurance
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203...9501904118682.html

CBS exposes Obama administration lies about blocking Fox News (Obama trying to shut down the media)
http://www.examiner.com/x-22564-Des-Moines-Conser...-blocking-Fox-News

quote:
Originally posted by wacky

you do realize that these ARE things he wants but there are quite many obstacles before reaching such goals.. honestly, I'd love to see you as the President of the United-States.. I'd love to see how well you would succeed. By the way, he still is trying to close it. They plan on doing it by January. Maybe it won't happen by then. Maybe it'll take longer.. so what? he's doing that he can. ''Mr Obama ordered the detention camp to be shut on his second day in office but administration officials have run into numerous legal, political and diplomatic hurdles.'' but ya.. lets just ignore that part because he hasn't succeeded yet. :rolleyes:
Or Obama (like many previous President's) could simply use the power of "Executive Orders". :rolleyes:

quote:
perhaps.. I do agree that his is a little on the left side but he's not at the complete end of the left wing. He's simply trying to care more for the middle class and lower. Since you don't seem to care about the people who have less money and can't afford going to the doctors, you're probably a wealthy person. Does that mean you have to be selfish? I truly hope not.. 
/sigh. I'm all for assisting the lower class & I personally volunteer a lot of my time.  But there comes a point when we need to acknowledge the fact that the "Welfare state in America" is severely taken advantage of & in the long run ends up doing more harm than good.  Check out the book "When Helping Hurts: Alleviating Poverty Without Hurting the Poor."
50 years ago the poverty rate in America was at roughly 23%. By  1973 the poverty rate was cut in half, decreased to the all time low of  nearly 11%.  Around 1070-1975 is when America drastically began to pump more & more money into it's Welfare State.  One would think that if we provided more money to help, that 11% would go down even further... but it did the opposite.  As more money was given it  increased by an additional 5% within 10 years. Between 1985 to 2007, the poverty rate in America has ranged from 12-16%. 

quote:
my facts tell me there were 47 million Americans without it in 2008. That's not just like 5 million.. it's 47 million. And don't tell me it's not because they can't afford it.. even a friend of mine from the States was refusing to go see a doctor because it's too expensive.
This branches out into two separate issues.  "Health Care Cost" vs. "Health Insurance Cost/availability".  Doctors, clinics & hospitals now have to charge more, due to reason that should be looked at & fixed before total reform.   Medical Malpractice Lawsuits for example.  They wont address the issues with that, because 1/2 the politicians & their campaign contributers are attorneys. Or Government regulations & restrictions lifted.   In almost 4/5 of all the states, the federal government limits who can sell insurance in the state. There are over 1200 insurance companies in America,  yet the states like California are only allowed to offer 6.

Many states in the US offer their own type of assistance with health care, without any federal oversight or control.  The Constitution of the United States does NOT give the 'Federal Government' any control to control or even monkey with the private sector health care system.  If it's such an issue, the States can work with their legal residents to either create assistance with health care insurance for the poor or tweak the system to fix kinks. 

quote:
anyway, point is, there are two sides to all of this. You can't just be closed minded and only want to see one side of everything. Yes, there are things he hasn't done. Some he hasn't succeeded at, some which are in progress but he has accomplished some of them. Don't ignore that part.
Okay I've been very open minded about what Obama has done in the past 10 months... nothing productive for America. Obama & his wife fly across the country in separate planes for the 2016 Olympic decision & then his administration lays of 8% of the white house staff due to lack of money... hmm...

quote:
I found a website that's pretty interesting. Is it reliable? I don't know.. maybe. But it's still interesting:
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/browse/

Yep I have that link saved in my bookmarks.

quote:
but please don't try to speak for everyone in your country. That's just being very ignorant, close-minded and selfish.. and no, your country isn't better than any other so you don't need to say the whole thing 'United States of America'. It's like me saying 'Canada of North America of America' 8-) no.. just the United States is fine :happy: (and yes.. I do know its USA, you just don't need to spell the whole thing out)
Excuse me?  I am damn proud of my country as a whole. In a forum widely used by people all over the world, I will call my country by it's full & rightful name if I wish too.  "I'm not saying America is better then you" and that is the end of that topic. 

I'm not speaking for everyone in the United States of America.  I don't have too either. 

1)When over a million people from all 50 states, different political parties, races, nationalities, religions, travel to Washington DC in protest of what the government is trying to do... I'd say Obama should back off a bit & take alittle more time to listen to the people that he works for.  Am I wrong?

2) The polls tell the whole story: Barack Obama sees worst poll rating drop in 50 years

2)The Federal Government literally can not reform or even touch America's health care system.  That right is not listed in the General Welfare clause or any other article/section of our constitution.  Bam, leave it up to the individual states, the private sector and the American people to decide that is truly needed. 

This post was edited on 10-26-2009 at 08:29 PM by Pr0xY.
10-25-2009 08:40 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by ipab on 10-09-2009 at 04:06 PM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Phillip on 10-09-2009 at 04:12 PM
RE: RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Discrate on 10-20-2009 at 06:37 AM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by toddy on 10-09-2009 at 04:17 PM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by John Anderton on 10-09-2009 at 06:04 PM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Volv on 10-10-2009 at 03:33 PM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by CookieRevised on 10-10-2009 at 06:56 PM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Pr0xY on 10-20-2009 at 12:10 AM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by CookieRevised on 10-20-2009 at 06:24 AM
RE: RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Pr0xY on 10-21-2009 at 08:46 PM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Rolando on 10-21-2009 at 09:34 PM
RE: RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Discrate on 10-22-2009 at 02:11 AM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Rolando on 10-22-2009 at 03:47 PM
RE: RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Discrate on 10-22-2009 at 03:53 PM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Rolando on 10-22-2009 at 06:02 PM
RE: RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Pr0xY on 10-22-2009 at 10:48 PM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by John Anderton on 10-23-2009 at 09:56 AM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Discrate on 10-23-2009 at 10:40 AM
RE: RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Pr0xY on 10-23-2009 at 12:52 PM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by andrey on 10-24-2009 at 07:48 PM
RE: RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Discrate on 10-24-2009 at 08:37 PM
RE: RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Pr0xY on 10-25-2009 at 01:39 AM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by wacky on 10-25-2009 at 04:09 AM
RE: RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Pr0xY on 10-25-2009 at 08:40 AM
RE: RE: RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Tochjo on 10-25-2009 at 09:32 AM
RE: RE: RE: RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Pr0xY on 10-25-2009 at 05:58 PM
RE: RE: RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by vaccination on 10-25-2009 at 10:47 AM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Discrate on 10-25-2009 at 06:52 AM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Discrate on 10-25-2009 at 09:47 AM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by vaccination on 10-25-2009 at 10:14 PM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by CookieRevised on 10-26-2009 at 01:26 AM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by scarlet0906 on 10-26-2009 at 05:27 PM
RE: RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Rolando on 10-26-2009 at 06:57 PM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Pr0xY on 10-29-2009 at 02:15 AM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by CookieRevised on 10-29-2009 at 03:30 AM
RE: RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Pr0xY on 10-29-2009 at 01:19 PM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Th3rmal on 10-29-2009 at 04:15 AM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by John Anderton on 10-29-2009 at 06:45 AM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by John Anderton on 10-30-2009 at 09:41 AM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Pr0xY on 10-30-2009 at 02:32 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: