What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize

Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize
Author: Message:
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
RE: RE: RE: RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize
quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
quote:
Originally posted by Pr0xY
500 promises & after almost a whole year in office... only 5 have received any sort of action (3 still in the works, 2 that Obama compromised on).
I have absolutely no interest in getting involved in this discussion, but I'd like to point out that you can scroll down that list and look at 25 other pages as well. It's not because point 6 to 14 have received no action that the other 486 points haven't either :)
Looks like I was wrong on that one.   Yesterday when I checked that site the first page only had five and page two, three & four were blank.  I assumed the website had sorted them all & did not check the rest.  Thanks Tochjo. :)

quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
snopes dispels a lot of myths surrounding these "lies"
Yep.  I usually check snopes (along with others) as one way to find out if certain things are true or not.

quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
lol, i agree with wacky, why wouldn't you just say the united states? It would be like calling my country The Commonwealth of Australia whenever i talk about it, it's just not needed. It obviously gave the impression to wacky that you think your country is better then any other.
Okay I understand. 

The one time may have rightfully given that impression, but I had only typed the full name of the country once out of all the other times where I just said "America" or "United States".  When taking that into consideration, I feel it was a very tedious thing to bring up & the benefit of the doubt should be given.  Especially on a forum where the vast majority of users are in other countries besides America.

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
rofl, a yes or no question can't be agreed/disagreed with?

Question: is Discrate hot?
Answers1: Yes.
Answer2: No.

Answer2 disagrees with Answer1, but the answers were still yes or no.

I know what you're trying to say, but don't make silly comments like that, lul.
Vaccination, it's not silly, it's a very solid argument if you really think about it.  What's silly is you're quoting one line from a paragraph, taken it out of context & trying to prove a point. 

Physical attractiveness is a perception, dependent on three factors: universal perceptions common to all human cultures, cultural and social aspects and individual subjective preferences.  Your comparison does not work.

There are four basic types of questions: Factual; Convergent; Divergent; and Evaluative. "Has Obama lied?" is a 'Factual' question.   Straight forward answers based on obvious facts or awareness. Example: "What is the name of the Shakespeare play about the Prince of Denmark?"  The answer is "Hamlet".  It's a yes or no, right or wrong answer.

"Is Discrate hot?" is an 'Evaluative' question.  Some guys like larger breasts while others like medium.  Some girls like guys with longer hair while others like guys who are bald.  There is no right or wrong answer to a question like that. It's mainly based on how we've been conditioned while growing up.

The only leeway in the answer to the question "Has Obama lied?" is A.) whether you consider a 'white lie' the same as a lie or, B.) if Obama says something that is not true, someone else points out how he got it wrong and then Obama only comes back & says "Yep, we were actually wrong on that one". (But he has not done that)

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
You're saying that the statement 'Obama lied' is a prove-able fact with only one answer[in your opinion, that answer is: yes]. Unfortunately for you, and as we have seen admirably demonstrated already there is most definitely a lot of room to argue the 'statement'. Just think about it for a second, this is clearly not fact. Let's try to determine what "lying" is, and whether the fact he has spent time and effort in putting things into motion(which he has, as already demonstrated) counts as a successful act. I mean, yeah you can take the view that anything that hasn't been completed fully is a complete fail, but that seems slightly ignorant, don't you think?

You need to realise that things don't happen overnight, remember, Rome wasn't built in a day. I also agree, with Discrate on the healthcare thing: what the fuck is wrong with you?
vaccination I think you're under the impression that I'm saying Obama has lied because he hasn't accomplished what he set out to do.  Which I'm not.  What Obama has lied about & what he has/has not accomplished are two separate conversations...

I fully understand how the legislative process works in the United States, cause I'm very involved in it at a local, state & often national level.  I know  things don't happen over night. I will acknowledge & give credit where it's due when Obama accomplish's good long lasting policies for America. 

America is supposed to be self-governed by the people of the country.  But it's not anymore.  There is vast corruption on all levels.  Policies & agenda's to benefit special interests. America is being governed by a class, an elite few, that often forget who they truly work for and often show little to no regard for the consequential 'blowback' of their policies at home or over seas.

A revolution is going on right now in America.  There are so many Americans fed up with Congress, the House & the Presidential administration. And not just the current one.  People have finally realized how out of control America's 'big government' has become. They are fed up with it & I feel safe to assume that many people in across the world are too.  America needs to take care of the wood plank in it's own eye before trying to pick out the spec of dust in the eye of another country.

quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
Exactly, i explained that to him twice, but i was called an idiot. lol. Again, he's a "I am always right" guy.
Wow Discrate, lying & making things up again huh?  Well, I actually called you an idiot because of the comment below. Remember? Just keep earning that rep I gave you...
quote:
Yesterday at 01:50 PM, Pr0xY wrote:
quote:
Today at 12:21 PM, Discrate wrote:
Are you forgetting the point that i only asked you a simply question at the start, how is he lying? Now your turning it into something else.
You're an idiot. You never once asked me a question.  You did ask Ronaldo and I did follow up with asking what specific category of lies did you want me to start on. But you avoided that & still have not answered.  So now what?

This post was edited on 10-25-2009 at 08:14 PM by Pr0xY.
10-25-2009 05:58 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by ipab on 10-09-2009 at 04:06 PM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Phillip on 10-09-2009 at 04:12 PM
RE: RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Discrate on 10-20-2009 at 06:37 AM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by toddy on 10-09-2009 at 04:17 PM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by John Anderton on 10-09-2009 at 06:04 PM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Volv on 10-10-2009 at 03:33 PM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by CookieRevised on 10-10-2009 at 06:56 PM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Pr0xY on 10-20-2009 at 12:10 AM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by CookieRevised on 10-20-2009 at 06:24 AM
RE: RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Pr0xY on 10-21-2009 at 08:46 PM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Rolando on 10-21-2009 at 09:34 PM
RE: RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Discrate on 10-22-2009 at 02:11 AM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Rolando on 10-22-2009 at 03:47 PM
RE: RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Discrate on 10-22-2009 at 03:53 PM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Rolando on 10-22-2009 at 06:02 PM
RE: RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Pr0xY on 10-22-2009 at 10:48 PM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by John Anderton on 10-23-2009 at 09:56 AM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Discrate on 10-23-2009 at 10:40 AM
RE: RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Pr0xY on 10-23-2009 at 12:52 PM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by andrey on 10-24-2009 at 07:48 PM
RE: RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Discrate on 10-24-2009 at 08:37 PM
RE: RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Pr0xY on 10-25-2009 at 01:39 AM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by wacky on 10-25-2009 at 04:09 AM
RE: RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Pr0xY on 10-25-2009 at 08:40 AM
RE: RE: RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Tochjo on 10-25-2009 at 09:32 AM
RE: RE: RE: RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Pr0xY on 10-25-2009 at 05:58 PM
RE: RE: RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by vaccination on 10-25-2009 at 10:47 AM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Discrate on 10-25-2009 at 06:52 AM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Discrate on 10-25-2009 at 09:47 AM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by vaccination on 10-25-2009 at 10:14 PM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by CookieRevised on 10-26-2009 at 01:26 AM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by scarlet0906 on 10-26-2009 at 05:27 PM
RE: RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Rolando on 10-26-2009 at 06:57 PM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Pr0xY on 10-29-2009 at 02:15 AM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by CookieRevised on 10-29-2009 at 03:30 AM
RE: RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Pr0xY on 10-29-2009 at 01:19 PM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Th3rmal on 10-29-2009 at 04:15 AM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by John Anderton on 10-29-2009 at 06:45 AM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by John Anderton on 10-30-2009 at 09:41 AM
RE: Your daily dose of WTF: Obama Wins the Peace Prize - by Pr0xY on 10-30-2009 at 02:32 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: