What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » So.. what's your major?

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
So.. what's your major?
Author: Message:
Lt.Col.DraGon

35 / Male / Flag
RE: So.. what's your major?
Half way done thru college.. majoring in Information Systems Management
10-11-2009 10:21 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
I am already an electronic engineer but I am doing my major in mechatronics right now...
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
10-12-2009 02:04 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Although I went to university for 3 years, I don't have a bachelor/master degree (although back in that time the degrees were called different) because it was dead boring and not the stuff I wanted todo and I was usually too busy with other things (like enjoying the student life a bit too much at times). I did Computer Science btw.

The degree I do have is simply the degree from highschool: Industrial Science (although in the last year I only went to school for like 6 months because of severe illness. I did most work at home).

So there, you're all smarter than me :p
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-13-2009 12:34 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
im an industrial engineer and im about to get my master degree in operations management, my thesis's taken a while (A) but bleh.
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
10-13-2009 12:54 AM
Joa
The dodgiest member

117 / Female / Flag
RE: RE: So.. what's your major?
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Although I went to university for 3 years, I don't have a bachelor/master degree (although back in that time the degrees were called different) because it was dead boring and not the stuff I wanted todo and I was usually too busy with other things (like enjoying the student life a bit too much at times). I did Computer Science btw.

The degree I do have is simply the degree from highschool: Industrial Science (although in the last year I only went to school for like 6 months because of severe illness. I did most work at home).

wisdom > knowledge

sure the people that have majors and master degrees have a lot of knowledge, but it is in how you apply it in the real world that counts... that takes experience and skill. that application is wisdom...
i'm not saying people who have degrees are not wise, but in all honesty you can be just as wise without schooling - and with independent learning (you just don't have a diploma to show off).

also, real "smartness" is in how you present yourself to the world. if you act like an ass, or a know-it-all... without leaving room for doubt, or not taking into consideration that there may be another answer to something, you are not very smart imo. everything has at least two sides (well.. i'm not talking about math :refuck: ... although if you philosophize you might come up with the idea that since it is "man found" there is margin for error there too, we just are incapable of seeing it or accepting it, it is beyond our comprehension).

anyway yeah. /end of random stuff

my major was psychology and english literature.
currently i'm studying early childhood education, and hopefully getting a job and going back to uni part-time to finish psych and getting a masters in early childhood ed.
we'll see :P .. i like studying, so i might change it to something else later.. like social work or w/e... or a resource teaching degree 8-)
:bow: gif :bow: <3   

spam.

10-13-2009 01:38 AM
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
thats just not possible!

but its just like Joa said... and you may even have more knowledge than someone who has done a degree... just you havent got the paper to prove it... but you can show it with your epicness!
10-13-2009 06:37 AM
Veggie

37 / Male / Flag
I recently graduated with:
Masters of Mechanical Engineering with Robotics
10-13-2009 11:31 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
quote:
thats just not possible!

but its just like Joa said... and you may even have more knowledge than someone who has done a degree... just you havent got the paper to prove it... but you can show it with your epicness!
When a monkey can get 'the paper' it doesn't prove anything, and trust me, I've seen some real monkeys.
10-13-2009 01:25 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
yeah, personally I never put any big value to those titles and 'pieces of paper' and find 'real world experience' and selfeducation more of a value. It is as Joa and Volv said.

Nevertheless, I'm very suprised in the positive way and find it extremely cool to hear all those degrees. All I can say is: wow! Extremely well done. Respect to all of you!
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-13-2009 02:05 PM
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: So.. what's your major?
quote:
yeah, personally I never put any big value to those titles and 'pieces of paper' and find 'real world experience' and selfeducation more of a value. It is as Joa and Volv said.

Nevertheless, I'm very surprised in the positive way and find it extremely cool to hear all those degrees. All I can say is: wow! Extremely well done. Respect to all of you!

I think both of them matter, at least in some careers- of course real world experience matters a lot. 10% of the world billionaires drop out/never attended college though, so you're in good company :P.

(Like, a degree in medicine.. you can't get real world experience w/out a degree, and you shouldn't :p.... A degree in the culinary arts, well, I think that's kinda silly. They don't even have those in Venezuela.. but here in the US they have a degree for basically everything)
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
10-13-2009 05:46 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: