What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Windows Live not working with certain emails

Windows Live not working with certain emails
Author: Message:
jls25

O.P. Windows Live not working with certain emails
been trying to figure this out for hours, but im finally  just going to ask.

so basically, was on XP SP3, then last night i went up to windows 7. installed everything i need, drivers, blah blah and i then installed windows live messenger 9. newest build. It was working fine, surprisingly, as it didnt on xp, and then all of a sudden it stopped working. i uninstalled need for speed shift, when that happened... which i doubt plays a role, but thats how it went down. i have tried tons of stuff, then after a while, i tried using one of my old emails to log in, and it logged in with no problems at all.
then i used the other email, the current one i use, and it loads contacts, then i just get " it has encountered a problem, and needs to close" or however it goes. no error number or anything.

this is really frustrating, as i depend on windows live messenger a lot, and what is strange is that the mail apps and what not all work.

specs are

XFX 680i LT SLI
8800 GT superclocked
dual core e8400 @ 3.6 ghz
2 GB of RAM
2TB of space

im frustrated, and need some help, so thank you in advance for whoever decides or can help.
10-25-2009 12:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: