What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » XBox 360 Game Suggestions Needed

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
XBox 360 Game Suggestions Needed
Author: Message:
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: XBox 360 Game Suggestions Needed
Volv: I have like 3 Burnout games for the PS2.. they became a bit monotonous after a while. Since I'm still holding on to my PS2, I don't see the point in getting a 360 version of Burnout as well.

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
How is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, not on that list?
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
I have a couple of CoD titles on my PS2 and I didn't really like them ;(
:)

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
Burnout is also great franchise and I would endorse any Burnout game (H)
Agreed. As I said, I already own a couple of Burnout titles for the PS2.

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
Also Grand Theft Auto 4 is an awesome game, even if you take it 1 mission at a time because you dont want to spend too much time on it. But with GTA4 once youve done a couple missions, you will be hooked :P
I've played most GTA titles on the PC and even the one for the PSP. I've only ever had the patience to finish GTA Liberty City that too because I was dead bored..
But in a matter of speaking, it does give you shit loads of game play time. I'll get that a bit later but I'll make sure I grab a copy :)

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
street fighter 4? 8-)
quote:
Tekken 6 (Because we love SonicSam :))
;)

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
If you're into JRPGs then..
I'm not.. well tbh I've never played them :)

I think I've covered most of the game types I like.
FPS/TPS (Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, GoW 2), Sports (FIFA 10), Racing (Shift) and Arcade Fighting thingo (DB: RB, Tekken 6).

Am I missing anything? Any future releases to look forward to?
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
10-27-2009 08:21 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: XBox 360 Game Suggestions Needed
The PS2 CoD title's were from World War, the Modern Warfare game's are completely different from there predecessors. World at War is an okay game but by a completely different developer, but I would suggest atleast trying and returning MW2.
...there used to be a signature here :)
10-27-2009 04:07 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
Forza 3 which just came out has a significantly greater metacritic score than Shift. I don't like hardcore racing sims (which is what they both are) much though so I've got no opinion on it :p

quote:
quote:
If you're into JRPGs then..
I'm not.. well tbh I've never played them :)
You owned a PlayStation and never played a Final Fantasy game? :o

This post was edited on 10-27-2009 at 04:17 PM by Volv.
10-27-2009 04:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Kafman

35 / Male / Flag
What about [PROTOTYPE], amazing game and you got totally in love with the story once you're too hooked :P.

Fallout 3, however, if you care about the story, get 1 and 2 for pc.

Totally go for FIFA10, I'll get it thursday, you have to enjoy beating people over Live and hear them rage :lol:.
[Image: sig.png]
10-27-2009 06:27 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
Prototype was a great game for PC, if the story is a little predictable and some parts get a bit repetitive (consume base commander, enter base, consume certain people, improve skill, repeat)
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
10-27-2009 06:31 PM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Forza 3 which just came out has a significantly greater metacritic score than Shift. I don't like hardcore racing sims (which is what they both are) much though so I've got no opinion on it :p
I'd like a fun game but Burnout doesn't really feel like racing tbh :(

quote:
You owned a PlayStation and never played a Final Fantasy game? :o
Not for lack of trying. Having heard about it a lot (fgs, who's not heard of FF? :P) I tried to get a copy but it seems its not a hit in India :(

quote:
Originally posted by Kafman
What about [PROTOTYPE], amazing game and you got totally in love with the story once you're too hooked :P.
Played on PC and I agree with Spunky

quote:
Totally go for FIFA10, I'll get it thursday, you have to enjoy beating people over Live and hear them rage :lol:.
Absolutely. FIFA10 be awesome. Yes, you can like "realism" and want PES but I like to have fun with FIFA10 and its "licensed teams". Being a casual gamer, I like to play with my favourite club and try to win titles.. so I like FIFA better than PES. PES' look/feel never suited me (whenever I played it on the PS2)

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
The PS2 CoD title's were from World War, the Modern Warfare game's are completely different from there predecessors. World at War is an okay game but by a completely different developer, but I would suggest atleast trying and returning MW2.
Oh.. I thought they all were World Warish which seemed not so fun to me :( I'm not into serious gameplay tbh.. I'm one of those casual gamers who likes to play on easy/normal and enjoy a couple of hours of gameplay.. the PS2 games seemed too serious for my liking.

I'll give MW2 a try :) I'll read MW1's story on wiki in case the stories are connected :)

Thanks for clearing that up for me :)

This post was edited on 10-27-2009 at 07:21 PM by John Anderton.
[

KarunAB.com
]

/img]
10-27-2009 07:17 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
quote:

I've just got [PROTOTYPE] on rental, quite impressed with it so far, I'll probably just give it one play through and then send it back, not bothered with Platinuming it...as long as I get over 50% :P

That's why I love having a LoveFilm membership, games that I'll only play through once I just rent rather than buying and trading in....saves soooo much money!

quote:

Yeah, gotta love FIFA 10...the online is so funny, especially when people mysteriously "get disconnected" whilst losing badly, haha.  Gets annoying when you're going for the 100 Online Wins though, because apparently disconnections don't count, I'm on around 35 so far, but that figure includes at least 4/5 disconnections....have to wait and see how long it takes to get 100 legit wins!

This post was edited on 10-27-2009 at 07:29 PM by djdannyp.
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5221 days, 6 hours, 48 minutes, 41 seconds ago
10-27-2009 07:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
Yeah, gotta love FIFA 10...the online is so funny, especially when people mysteriously "get disconnected" whilst losing badly, haha.  Gets annoying when you're going for the 100 Online Wins though, because apparently disconnections don't count, I'm on around 35 so far, but that figure includes at least 4/5 disconnections....have to wait and see how long it takes to get 100 legit wins!
I've only played FIFA on a priv network here (spread across the city so it has people we don't know) and we used to have those disconnections too.

I suck at FIFA (I mean, I play at the lowest level and that's it :P) so feel free to kick me around if you want (assuming Live will work here :))
I think I should have a free subscription for a month or so :) I'll considering paying for more depending on whether I like it/have time to play online :)

Prototype is fun though the story was predictable to a point.. gameplay elements were cool but it didn't perform well on my old NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS even at the lowest res/medium quality (still looked shit).. I guess I won't have that issue on the 360 :)

If only playing with the controller on the PC wouldn't require a controller that costs like 20-40 usd, I'd play my PC games with it too ;(
[

KarunAB.com
]

/img]
10-27-2009 07:35 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
I've only played FIFA on a priv network here (spread across the city so it has people we don't know) and we used to have those disconnections too.

I suck at FIFA (I mean, I play at the lowest level and that's it :P) so feel free to kick me around if you want (assuming Live will work here :))
I think I should have a free subscription for a month or so :) I'll considering paying for more depending on whether I like it/have time to play online :)

Prototype is fun though the story was predictable to a point.. gameplay elements were cool but it didn't perform well on my old NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS even at the lowest res/medium quality (still looked shit).. I guess I won't have that issue on the 360 :)

If only playing with the controller on the PC wouldn't require a controller that costs like 20-40 usd, I'd play my PC games with it too ;(

I'd love to give you a game, but I'm on PS3...hence I'm only advising you about games which are available on both formats
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5221 days, 6 hours, 48 minutes, 41 seconds ago
10-27-2009 07:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
I'd love to give you a game, but I'm on PS3...hence I'm only advising you about games which are available on both formats
ouch ;(
You really should get God of War 3 when it comes out around March and complete the game. Once you do, please let me know the complete story cause I've played the first two and sadly, I can't play the third :( I'd like to know how it all ends. From the vids, it seems like its going to be epic. God of War 2 was the best game I've ever played.

So in case you've not played the first two, try grabbing a copy. I'm guessing PS3 still has backwards compatibility.
[

KarunAB.com
]

/img]
10-27-2009 07:40 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend