What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » something i'd like to see plus do in future release: firefox fix

something i'd like to see plus do in future release: firefox fix
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: something i'd like to see plus do in future release: firefox fix
quote:
Originally posted by neologan
The problem i see with that is, wouldn't anyone then be able to access my email if they open up firefox in my account and go to hotmail?
1) No, that highly depends on how you set it up and/or how Messenger exactly logs in to hotmail. For example, it could well be that you have set FireFox to block certain attempts to go directly to secured sites without manually logging in. So, even if Messenger tries to auto log on, FireFox prevents it and thus you are reverted back to the log in page of hotmail. Another scenario would be that FireFox simply can't run the ActiveX that Messenger uses to log you in. etc...

2) What do you mean by 'your account'? If you mean your Windows account, then yes, that is what the login dialog and password is for when you start Windows.

No offense to neologan, but I'm actually surprised at how little people use that, yet complaining about security or others accessing their data. If you want to be secure: create an account in Windows with a password.

quote:
Originally posted by neologan
i've had to revert back to messenger 8.5 until someone makes firefox work :(
Reverting back is actually far more insecure than anything else. Usually, you are (forced) updated to newer versions just because of security fixes (among other fixes).
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-31-2009 04:35 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
something i'd like to see plus do in future release: firefox fix - by neologan on 10-29-2009 at 03:44 PM
RE: something i'd like to see plus do in future release: firefox fix - by Rolando on 10-29-2009 at 05:55 PM
RE: something i'd like to see plus do in future release: firefox fix - by neologan on 10-29-2009 at 06:20 PM
RE: something i'd like to see plus do in future release: firefox fix - by Rolando on 10-29-2009 at 06:25 PM
RE: something i'd like to see plus do in future release: firefox fix - by neologan on 10-29-2009 at 07:07 PM
RE: something i'd like to see plus do in future release: firefox fix - by CookieRevised on 10-31-2009 at 03:02 PM
RE: something i'd like to see plus do in future release: firefox fix - by neologan on 10-31-2009 at 04:05 PM
RE: something i'd like to see plus do in future release: firefox fix - by CookieRevised on 10-31-2009 at 04:35 PM
RE: something i'd like to see plus do in future release: firefox fix - by neologan on 10-31-2009 at 05:07 PM
RE: RE: something i'd like to see plus do in future release: firefox fix - by Chris4 on 11-01-2009 at 01:47 AM
RE: something i'd like to see plus do in future release: firefox fix - by CookieRevised on 10-31-2009 at 11:06 PM
RE: something i'd like to see plus do in future release: firefox fix - by brightlight on 11-18-2009 at 02:09 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: