What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » UNable to transfer a video file from the digital camera to the PC

UNable to transfer a video file from the digital camera to the PC
Author: Message:
alegator

O.P. UNable to transfer a video file from the digital camera to the PC
I have a Canon G9 digital camera. I took several pictures and 4 videos that are stored in the SD card of the camera. I connect the G9 to the PC via USB to transfer the pics/videos from the camera to the PC's hard drive and all files are transferred except a video file named MVI_2338.avi, filesize 1.22Gb. When I try to copy/paste this file it cannot be transferred (the file transfer window in Windows Explorer opens up but remains there doing nothing and in the process a file with the same name and with 0kb is created in the PC).
I checked the videofile and it's fine, I can open it with the camera and play it in the G9. How can I fix this? Thanks.
12-27-2009 03:23 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
alegator

O.P. RE: UNable to transfer a video file from the digital camera to the PC
I just tried transferring the video file in my same PC but running Win7 Ultimate, and I did so successfully (directly from the camera, the card reader still did not recognize the card). So I can confirm the problem was WinXP. Thanks.
12-28-2009 05:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: