What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Views on Religion

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Views on Religion
Author: Message:
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: Views on Religion
quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
That link is a load of crap.
I define God as crap.
Therefore, God exists.

This post was edited on 01-20-2010 at 12:53 PM by prashker.
01-20-2010 12:35 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Th3rmal
Veteran Member

Peek-a-boo! I see you!!

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
quote:
I define God as crap.
Therefore, God exists.
hahahah owned :P

I reckon firefox is better than IE because of all the add-ons and customization abilities.
You have the intellect comparable to that of a rock. Be proud.
01-20-2010 01:16 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
segosa
Community's Choice

RE: RE: RE: Views on Religion
quote:
quote:
:zippy: http://www.godlessgeeks.com/LINKS/GodProof.htm :zippy:

The only place i am going to when i die is a hole in the ground. Then bugs will digest me and then i'll most likely be shat out and used fertilizer.

Wow, you actually think that link is serious? It's funny. Laugh.
The previous sentence is false. The following sentence is true.
01-20-2010 03:37 PM
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: RE: Views on Religion
quote:
Originally posted by segosa
quote:
quote:
:zippy: http://www.godlessgeeks.com/LINKS/GodProof.htm :zippy:

The only place i am going to when i die is a hole in the ground. Then bugs will digest me and then i'll most likely be shat out and used fertilizer.

Wow, you actually think that link is serious? It's funny. Laugh.

The link is serious. I have taken it on as my bible.
01-20-2010 03:44 PM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Dane Cook's show

Alright. You're an Atheist. What does that mean? What happens to you after you die? Now he gets really serious like he's about to school me.

''Okay. Oh I can tell you young man. I can tell you. I KNOW what's going to happen to me after I die. After I pass on, my body will become one with this earth. From there, I will become a fertilizer for this planet. And with that. I will return as a huge, beautiful tree. "

That's what this guy believes. He laughing at me. He's going to come back as a fuckin ficus. Yeah.. Johnny weeping willow over here.. I wanted to slam this guy so bad for this right. But then I stopped. I stopped you guys please hear me out. I let it sink in and I want you guys to as well.

"I hope when he dies he does become a tree. I hope he's in the middle of the wilderness and he's doing his tree thing. Whatever it is trees do. I know they do alot of work with breezes. And wouldn't it be fantastic if while he was out there just enjoying his treeness. Through the woods a huge, sweaty guy with an axe comes along. Sees him. Chops him down. Smash. Put a chain around him. Drah him through the mud and the muck. Put him into a sawmill. Grind him up. Then you pound him down into paper. And once he's paper. You print the Bible on him."

This post was edited on 01-21-2010 at 03:13 AM by albert.
01-20-2010 11:51 PM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
the fact that nearly all suicide bombers say they're doing it for god/god told them to, says it all......

.....people who believe are nutters
01-21-2010 02:07 AM
Adeptus

I have no objection to religion (any) when practiced as a personal belief.  Some people may need it, some may just enjoy it, some don't want anything to have to do wth it.  More power to them all.

I object to religion and any rules or morality derived from it when an attempt is made to impose it unto unwilling participants.  If you won't consider that religions other than yours (as well as not having one at all) are equally valid views --you don't deserve to have the freedom to practice yours.  You can have it back when you learn to grant the same to others.

This post was edited on 01-21-2010 at 05:48 AM by Adeptus.
01-21-2010 05:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus
I have no objection to religion (any) when practiced as a personal belief.  Some people may need it, some may just enjoy it, some don't want anything to have to do wth it.  More power to them all.

I object to religion and any rules or morality derived from it when an attempt is made to impose it unto unwilling participants.  If you won't consider that religions other than yours (as well as not having one at all) are equally valid views --you don't deserve to have the freedom to practice yours.  You can have it back when you learn to grant the same to others.
Wholeheartedly agreed.
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
01-21-2010 06:18 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
kezz

'kezz.,

32 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Views on Religion
quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
Religions are like browsers, political views, and OSes.... discussing them on a forum will never go anywhere and likely result in the thread getting locked or people getting banned.

Precisely. Someone will be insulted, the topic will change at least 5 times, and the end result will be as Menthix stated.
[Image: 2764.png]
[Image: internet.png]
01-21-2010 11:01 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

To me, religion is nonsensical. I don't understand why a world that's so advanced in many senses is still relying or even believing in a higher power when there is so much proof that it's all false. It makes me cringe when people try and tell you the story of the Garden of Eden as though it actually happened and is fact. People are so gullible and stuck in their ways.

That being said, even though it makes me cringe I respect that people have their own views and beliefs. If someone is religious I don't cringe at them or try and put them off, I just leave them to it.

I'm not just following the crowd either. I go to church every year on Christmas Eve because my whole family does and it's a good family atmosphere afterwards. Though for the whole time in Church I am there cringing and I just feel uncomfortable. I think we're far too advanced for this now.

To be honest, I think Jesus was a man who existed, though not the man that people read about in the bible. The same with Mohammed, Moses, Noah etc etc. They were all just people who did good things and it was written about; in most cases it was written about hundreds of years later. How could a story like that possibly be accurate when it's written hundreds of years later from memory - there would definitely be some conjecture here and there.

People should look at the bible as a 'how to live your life' guide. Not as fact. Just pretend it's a book by Paul McKenna.
01-21-2010 08:59 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: