What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Problem when writing to mobile - message incomplete

Problem when writing to mobile - message incomplete
Author: Message:
lightpsycho

O.P. Problem when writing to mobile - message incomplete
Hi,

This problem started when I downloaded the latest version of Messenger Plus! 4.83.0.376.  What happens basically is that whenever someone uses a personalized status and sends me an SMS via messenger, I can't see the whole message.  This has nothing to do with my carrier or my device itself (iPhone 3G s), because this just started  after I updated Plus!.  I do have a theory as to why this is happening though.  When there is no personalized status, only the sender's email is showing.  But whenever a personal status is chosen, it is partially shown (but truncated) in the SMS, thus most likely reducing the amount of available charaters...sometimes the whole message is even completely absent, for some odd reason...?!

Please help, I didn't have this issue before!  It would be better if personalized statuses wouldn't show when sending to mobile...if that's possible at all...
01-22-2010 03:45 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
RE: Problem when writing to mobile - message incomplete
Using a personalized status adds characters to the end of a person's display name. Its possible that the iPhone app has a per-message character length that includes the length of the contact's name.

Its not possible to not show a personalized status to just one person or group of people, because all it does is modify your name. And you can't have a different name to show to different people.
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
01-22-2010 03:51 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: