What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Messenger Plus not working tried faq and searched forums

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Messenger Plus not working tried faq and searched forums
Author: Message:
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus not working tried faq and searched forums
Here it is

Messenger Plus! Live Disappears after restart
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5223 days, 15 hours, 44 minutes, 46 seconds ago
02-03-2010 09:28 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
simba

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus not working tried faq and searched forums
yeah sadly i checked them all i have none of them installed on my computer :/
02-03-2010 09:38 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by simba
i know i dont have anything installed that conflicts with it as i have checked the conflicting list
quote:
whats the list of conflicting programs i can try looking to make sure none of them are on it.

It's very hard to help you when you say you've tried doing something, then a couple hours later say you haven't.

You need to describe in more detail what you're doing, otherwise we can't help.

You haven't told us what exactly you tried doing in Safe Mode and/or whether or not you tried removing Kaspersky.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
02-03-2010 09:54 AM
simba

36 / Male / –
ok i ran in safe mode but i never uninstalled plus b4 i did it. i uninstalled it in safe mode then tried installing it. no i did not remove kaspersky. im currently at work and firewall blocks installing so ill do it when i get home. i have uninstalled both plus and live and removed folders. i checked the the confilicting list but nothing was there that would conflict with it.

this is everything i did and in detail .
ok i uninstalled kaspersky uninstalled msn and plus removed folders and rebooted then tried installing msn and then plus. but still hasnt integrated to msn .
02-03-2010 10:02 AM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
Firstly, please try to at least write clear posts. It's very hard to follow what you're saying when you put periods in the middle of sentences and not at the end of others and never use any sort of capital letters. This would aid greatly when we try to understand what you're saying.

Secondly, at this point I am confused if you have tried to do this on your work computer or your computer at home. You've mentioned both and yet you never said you had the problem on both computers. You also mentioned a firewall, which could be the problem (for all we know, as we don't know much). Please state explicitly the steps you have taken in safe mode, when you tried normally, when you installed/uninstalled anything. You should also, at this point, post a screenshot of your Add/remove programs (Control Panel, if you're not sure). This would help in diagnosing your problem.

There's also a lovely thing called an edit button under each of your posts, and it is actually against the forum rules to post several posts in a row in such a short period of time. It is in your best interest to simply use the edit button. It makes it easier to read and glance over the thread.

Just a little additional hint as well, it's not "msn live" it's Windows Live messenger, or if you prefer, WLM for short. ;-)

This post was edited on 02-04-2010 at 12:20 AM by Lou.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
02-04-2010 12:18 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
simba

36 / Male / –
Ok i apologize. This is on my laptop computer. I ran safe mode in networking but i forgot to uninstall plus before i did as well as WLM. So i uninstalled plus and reinstalled it. No i did not uninstall WLM i only uninstalled plus im not sure if that would matter. This had no effect so i rebooted back in normal. Then i proceeded to Remove my kaspersky and wlm and plus and remove folders. I then proceeded to reboot my computer. Then i installed msn with no kaspersky installd mind you and then i installed plus. But still no affect. I then reinstalled Kaspersky my antivirus software and rebooted it as it requires that. I have also checked conflicting software list and none of them are on my computer as i have just recently formated my computer so i know i have nothing on here but i checked it anyways. None of the programs conflict with it. Hope this explains it a bit more detail im sry for the confusion i have caused. Hope this is a bit better explanation
02-04-2010 12:43 AM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
I have also checked conflicting software list and none of them are on my computer as i have just recently formated my computer so i know i have nothing on here but i checked it anyways. None of the programs conflict with it.
There may be conflicting programs we're not aware of, which is why Lou suggested taking screenshots of your Add/Remove Programs list, so we can take a look for you. You say you just formatted and there's no programs on your computer, yet you have Kaspersky, WLM, etc. So it'd be best to post a screenshot.
02-04-2010 05:19 AM
simba

36 / Male / –
Here are the images. I did my best in trying to get them clear. Sry if they are not in order.

[Image: program4.png][Image: program3.png][Image: program2.png][Image: program1r.png]

This post was edited on 02-04-2010 at 06:02 AM by simba.
02-04-2010 06:01 AM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
So you've installed a fresh copy of WLM, then you install Plus! and it doesn't integrate at all? Even in Safe Mode?

No :plus4: button or Plus! option on the menu bar?

No alerts show from Kaskersky or other programs?

Tried Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Messenger Plus! Live > Repair Messenger?

I'm running out of ideas ...
02-04-2010 04:25 PM
simba

36 / Male / –
Nope, no alerts from kaspersky i even put it on the ok list. I installed a fresh copy of Messenger Plus but did not install a fresh version of WLM in safe mode i guess i didnt know i needed to install a fresh version of WLM ill try that when i get home. My version of windows xp is a Iso version i got from a torrent site because i lost my cd. Not really sure this would be the reason it doesnt work. And w/e i install plus shouldnt a popup come up asking for the settings after you freshly installed and no there is no Plus sign on my WLM. I guess if it comes down ill reformat my computer again. And install it first b4 anything else.

*edit* ok i uninstalled WLM and went into safemode but it kept giving me an error when i triedto reinstall WLM saying it couldnt install it in safe mode. So i rebooted back in normal and installed WLM back on my computer. I might just reformatt my computer with the prober Disk. See if thats the issue cause im getting so confused.

This post was edited on 02-05-2010 at 04:02 AM by simba.
02-04-2010 05:14 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: