What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » If I have been deleated but not blocked does that contact still receive messages?

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
If I have been deleated but not blocked does that contact still receive messages?
Author: Message:
pebbles77

O.P. A contact said they could not see me online but I was and I did not block nor delete?
Has this happened to anyone I had a contact that could not see me online they did up until 2 days ago then she called me and said why are you not on msn I said I am, I couldn't see her either, neither of us blocked or deleated each other, any explanation??? we then deleated each other and added each other and can now see each other again, but now I am thinking if anyone else does not see me online when I actually am.  Is there anyway of checking other then actually talking to the person?  some contacts are in europe and that is how we communicate.... Thanks :)
Actually just before that we were testing something I had blocked her for 5 minutes which she knew about and then unblocked her, she was not online at the time, but I told her I was checking something out then a couple days later I went online and that is when she noticed, but again I had unblocked her 2 days before, so she was not blocked when I was online.
Hopefully it is safe I was going to and then wondered if hackers could work through ebuddy???

pista, I was just wondering when i logged in through ebuddy on my contacts name there was the msn butterfly and then a red circle with - this line in it, what does that mean? please and thank you :)
would that mean away?
02-14-2010 05:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: A contact said they could not see me online but I was and I did not block nor delete?
That symbol on eBuddy most likely means that she doesn't have you in her contact list....which will be a result of having deleted and re-added you....the messenger servers aren't synchronising properly at the moment so is reporting false data.

As to why she can't see you online, that's a mystery.  I've experienced it a couple of times but it's usually solved by both parties just signing out and in again.
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5236 days, 56 minutes, 27 seconds ago
02-15-2010 01:32 AM
pebbles77

O.P. RE: A contact said they could not see me online but I was and I did not block nor delete?
Really, but what if in windows when I view to see who has me in there contact list it says she has me in the list and when I am in msn and right click and then view contact info it says you are in this contacts list??? would that be accurate that I am back on there list, if they had deleated me would I not have to confirm to be added back on...an answer would be great thanks :D
02-15-2010 02:06 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: A contact said they could not see me online but I was and I did not block nor delete?
As I said, the reverse lists are playing up at the moment due to failures with server sychronisation.

The only foolproof way to tell if you're on someone's list is whether they can start a conversation with you
02-15-2010 09:22 AM
pebbles77

O.P. RE: A contact said they could not see me online but I was and I did not block nor delete?
so what would have been more accurate ebuddy or msn or neither at the moment? one last question if I have been deleted from a contact list but I still see when they come online obviously because they are on mine and possibly they only deleated but not blocked me, would I still be able to send them messages on msn or does it not get through to them.  Thanks so very much! :)
02-15-2010 01:56 PM
pebbles77

O.P. If I have been deleated but not blocked does that contact still receive messages?
Hi I am posting here because I didn't realize that this was forum for MSN/Windows live messenger.  My question is if I have been deleated from a contact list and I still see them come online probably because they didn't block me, would they still see my messages if I sent them any in msn?  Thanks
02-15-2010 02:32 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
Neither will be more accurate, the Messenger servers are what gives the information to any kind of client, so until that is rectified, everything is just as innacruate.

If a contact deletes you without blocking you (and their privacy settings are set so that people not on their contact list can see them as online) then you will be able to see them online and send them messages and the messages will get through
02-15-2010 02:47 PM
pebbles77

Ok, thanks for all your help djdanny :D
02-15-2010 03:41 PM
pebbles77

O.P. RE: If I have been deleated but not blocked does that contact still receive messages?
Yes something is not right I was logged into msn and a contact was showing online, i went into ebuddy and it was showing them offline so something is not right.  Djdanny do you know when they will have the problem fixed.  One last question on ebuddy how does it show whether the contact is available away or busy??? to me that red circle almost looked like the one in msn only the one in msn with the horizontal line - is square and the one in ebuddy was round??? could it also be possible that it was showing her as away? because that is how she was shown in msn.  Thanks again :D
02-15-2010 04:13 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: If I have been deleated but not blocked does that contact still receive messages?
I don't use eBuddy so I couldn't say what the symbols mean, I'm guessing that it's not too hard to figure out what the symbols mean :P.

Yes, if she was showing as away in MSN then she would also be showing as away on eBuddy, so that's presumably wat the icon means

Also, please refrain from double posting, this means posting more than one message in a row with no replies from other people inbetween.  It is against the forum rules.as you will notice from your first FIVE posts being combined into one
02-15-2010 04:34 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: