What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Conversation Windows not appearing?

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Conversation Windows not appearing?
Author: Message:
Champ2002

O.P. Huh?  Conversation Windows not appearing?
Hello,

Im having a big problem with my Windows Live Messanger. I recently installed the new Windows 7 on my computer (about 3 - 4 weeks ago) and have had no problems with WLM. About a week ago while on MSN I wasn't able to click on my contacts and have the coversation screen pop up.

With the new windows 7 it shows the MSN icon along the bottom bar, if you leave the mouse on the icon for a second another bar type thing pops up that shows MSN and my contacts but I am not able to click on their conversations and have them pop up.

I can click on it and actually type things because I can see that I have typed something but it just wont pop up!

Here is a picture to attempt to show you. Like I said my actual WLM screen (far left) will pop up when I click on it, but when I click on any of my contacts screens they wont pop up. Literally WLM is useless to me right now. HELP!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/SilverWishes/Picture12.png
02-22-2010 03:45 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Beerxulf

RE: Conversation Windows not appearing?
weird, have you tried unlocking the task bar and moving it around a bit?  sometimes that helps get things going.
02-22-2010 03:58 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
Do you have Messenger pinned to the Taskbar?

Is it running in compatability mode?
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5216 days, 23 hours, 25 minutes, 9 seconds ago
02-22-2010 10:28 AM
Champ2002

O.P. RE: Conversation Windows not appearing?
Im really not 100% how to know if it is running compatablility mode. No I double checked. Its no pinned.

Now Im having a problem with the WLM screen itself. When I want to pop up any other screen (example Internet Explorer) I actually have to close my WLM screen so I can see things behind it. I hope you understand how Im explaining it lol.

I thought I should let you know too that when my fiance is on his WLM he has no problems. Same computer, everything is the same but he is signing in under his own WLM account.

So I find it very odd.... I've tried looking under my own user settings to see if i had changed something but nothing has been changed.
02-22-2010 03:13 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
Which account is signed in shouldn't alter anything, the settings of WLM don't actually vary depending on who is signed in.

Do you have any add-ons for Windows Live Messenger?  Or anything to alter the appearance of Windows itself?  Any themes?
02-22-2010 04:25 PM
Champ2002

Its giving me even more problems. WLM just wont even show up anymore when I click on it. How can I uninstall it? Im in Control Panel, Programs and Uninstall but its not on the list of programs.

Im going to just start from scratch.
02-22-2010 07:46 PM
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
To check if the program is in compatibility to mode, Right Click the Windows Live Messenger Shortcut, Click 'Properties' then under the 'Compatibility' tab look for a check box saying; run this program under....

See what is says.
02-22-2010 07:54 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Champ2002
Its giving me even more problems. WLM just wont even show up anymore when I click on it. How can I uninstall it? Im in Control Panel, Programs and Uninstall but its not on the list of programs.

It's under "Windows Live Essentials" in Programs & Features.  You can uninstall it from there and then re-download from here
02-22-2010 07:56 PM
pollolibredegrasa

formerly fatfreechicken

35 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Conversation Windows not appearing?
quote:

Now Im having a problem with the WLM screen itself. When I want to pop up any other screen (example Internet Explorer) I actually have to close my WLM screen so I can see things behind it. I hope you understand how Im explaining it lol.

Sounds like you have it set to "always on top". To turn it off, on the contact list click the "show menu" button, then click tools and uncheck "always on top".

quote:

It's listed as part of "Windows Live Essentials", so this is what you need to choose under Uninstall.
;p

[Image: chickennana.gif] Vaccy is my thin twin! [Image: chickennana.gif]
02-22-2010 07:57 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Champ2002

Thank you so much for the help. I will let you know if it worked.
02-22-2010 09:35 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: