What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » a question about Cache Answering Machine

a question about Cache Answering Machine
Author: Message:
supercoconut

– / Female / –
O.P. a question about Cache Answering Machine
Hello~ I downloaded Cache Answering Machine and I want to know if I can somehow make the answer delay a few seconds.

It sends the answers instantly and people can see it's a bot, but I'm going away from home for a few days and wanna prank them.... :cheesy:

JUST THINK abut all the people who will be mad at me when I get back :banana:

but if it sends answers back this fast all the fun will be ruined.:chroppy:

any one knows? :]
04-12-2010 02:57 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: a question about Cache Answering Machine
Unfortunately the developer didn't use the same name on the forum (if they are here) as they did on the scripts database. The issue is that the script doesn't have any concept of waiting or a timer. Therefore the script would have to be rewritten to incorporate a timer. This isn't always the best idea without the developers permission.

Also if the developer sees this. It is recommended to use OnEvent_SigninReady not OnEvent_Signin as there is a lot that is happening during OnEvent_Signin and can cause the process to hang or take longer to complete. OnEvent_SigninReady is fired the moment the contact list object is completly initialized along with the rest of WLM.
04-12-2010 03:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
supercoconut

– / Female / –
O.P. RE: RE: a question about Cache Answering Machine
aw too bad. then all I got left is to hope that only stupid people will send me messages :( or people that enjoy arguing with a bot.[happen today when I tried it, was hilarious]

quote:
Originally posted by matty
Unfortunately the developer didn't use the same name on the forum (if they are here) as they did on the scripts database. The issue is that the script doesn't have any concept of waiting or a timer. Therefore the script would have to be rewritten to incorporate a timer. This isn't always the best idea without the developers permission.

Also if the developer sees this. It is recommended to use OnEvent_SigninReady not OnEvent_Signin as there is a lot that is happening during OnEvent_Signin and can cause the process to hang or take longer to complete. OnEvent_SigninReady is fired the moment the contact list object is completly initialized along with the rest of WLM.
04-12-2010 05:22 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: