What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN messenger

MSN messenger
Author: Message:
Bunny67

O.P. MSN messenger
If someone has blocked me in MSN instant messenger -
1) If they were showing/appearing as off line, would they still be able to receive an off line message/would i still be able to send an instant message or would i receive an error message?
2) What information about them in my contacts list would be showing or missing?
04-02-2010 03:54 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: MSN messenger
There is no way of telling if someone has blocked you on Windows Live Messenger.

If their status is set to "Appear Offline" and they haven't blocked you, then they will receive messages, they may not reply as there could be a reason they are set to appear offline.

You can always send a message to someone offline, whether they're blocked, appearing offline, or genuinely offline.  You'll only get an error if you try to send a message that's too long.

If contacts don't sign in when you're signed in, then you won't see any changes to display name, personal message, or picture. 

Nothing can tell you whether someone has blocked you except for asking someone else who has them as a contact, or just asking the person directly if they've blocked you.
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5236 days, 15 hours, 58 minutes, 34 seconds ago
04-02-2010 05:54 PM
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
You can always send a message to someone offline, whether they're blocked, appearing offline, or genuinely offline.  You'll only get an error if you try to send a message that's too long.
Doesn't the message box in the conversation window get grayed out when you have a person blocked? However there used to be patches for WLM that allowed you to talk to blocked people, not sure if there is new patches or if it's still in Apatch or something :p
04-02-2010 06:23 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
Doesn't the message box in the conversation window get grayed out when you have a person blocked?
when you block, the text area will be grayed out only for you, as if you were disconnected, but the blocked person doesn't see it.
[Image: Empty.png]
04-02-2010 06:35 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
Doesn't the message box in the conversation window get grayed out when you have a person blocked?
when you block, the text area will be grayed out only for you, as if you were disconnected, but the blocked person doesn't see it.
Must have changed since old MSN Messenger, I remember being able to talk to blocked people with a patch :p
04-02-2010 06:45 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Bunny67

O.P. RE: MSN messenger
so are you saying that i could actually send a message and it will look like the person is getting it, but if they have blocked me they will not receive it.
04-02-2010 06:55 PM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Bunny67
so are you saying that i could actually send a message and it will look like the person is getting it, but if they have blocked me they will not receive it.
Exactly.
[Image: Empty.png]
04-02-2010 06:59 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: