What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Deafult Checked Option 'Record my conversations in HTML format' should be changed

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Deafult Checked Option 'Record my conversations in HTML format' should be changed
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Deafult Checked Option 'Record my conversations in HTML format' should be cha
quote:
Originally posted by matty
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
What has a password todo with this?
To enable encryption on the chat logs.

Problem with this scenario is people won't know the password they are setting is so open said logs...
yeah ok, but what I meant with the question was: It is already 'bad' enough that logging is enabled by default. Enabling encryption by default is, imho, an even bigger 'no'!

Anything todo with a password is not a 'solution' for keeping the logging enabled by default and the problems it might cause. Because if some people have problems with the default enabled logging, then how is asking for an encryption password going to solve anything? It would just cause even more trouble. In other words, I don't see what a password has todo (aka can solve) with the default enabling of logging.

Hence my (retorical meant) question...

Even when people enable encryption by themselfs, (and even set a hint sentence) they still loose their password...so...
quote:
Plain and simple, I hope no one takes offense to this, most people are stupid and it is just: Next, Next, I Agree, Next, Next, Finish without reading anything...
My thoughts exactly.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-10-2010 04:33 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Deafult Checked Option 'Record my conversations in HTML format' should be changed
Logging was previously left enabled by default for backward consistency. I agree with you though, it will be turned off by default in Plus!5 (on new installs).
[Image: signature2.gif]
04-10-2010 07:02 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Deafult Checked Option 'Record my conversations in HTML format' should be changed
Great:D

quote:
quote:
quote:
What has a password todo with this?
To enable encryption on the chat logs.

Problem with this scenario is people won't know the password they are setting is so open said logs...
yeah ok, but what I meant with the question was: It is already 'bad' enough that logging is enabled by default. Enabling encryption by default is, imho, an even bigger 'no'!

Anything todo with a password is not a 'solution' for keeping the logging enabled by default and the problems it might cause. Because if some people have problems with the default enabled logging, then how is asking for an encryption password going to solve anything? It would just cause even more trouble. In other words, I don't see what a password has todo (aka can solve) with the default enabling of logging.

Hence my (retorical meant) question...

Even when people enable encryption by themselfs, (and even set a hint sentence) they still loose their password...so...
quote:
Plain and simple, I hope no one takes offense to this, most people are stupid and it is just: Next, Next, I Agree, Next, Next, Finish without reading anything...
My thoughts exactly.
Yeah, only if the box is checked to enable chat logs 8-)
04-10-2010 11:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: