What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [split] Private company - bad or not?

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
[split] Private company - bad or not?
Author: Message:
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Community Liaison - clarification
All you are trying to do is attack me as usual. My original post was not directed at you and has nothing to do with you, yet you act as if it was.

Stop trolling. stop trying to derail the thread and stop trying to start and argument with me.

P.S As you can see, i quoted sonicsams post. IT WAS NOT DIRECTED AT YOU. And yes, you are the one who's trying to start a fight with me, look, you replied to my post taking it out of context and blowing it out of proportion and trying to put words in my mouth.

P.P.S and yes i did add sonicsams quote in later, because you made the mistake of thinking i am talking to you. 1. I don't even read your posts unless you have quoted me. 2. Just because someone writes a post below yours, doesn't mean it's directed at you. I have stated it wasn't directed at you, you have made the mistake of thinking it was, now you are trying to turn it around on me by saying "oh sure it wasn't directed at me" I don't want nothing to do with you, get over yourself.

This post was edited on 04-07-2010 at 02:52 AM by Discrate.
04-07-2010 02:45 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Community Liaison - clarification
quote:
Originally posted by toddy
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
after my post which corrected Toddy
lol at you thinking your opinion is fact again
It is common logic sense.

A private company where the owner wants to be private is not by definition bad....

Why didn't you answer my question:
quote:
So, most of us are bad too because we all want to keep our identity or what we own private?

This post was edited on 04-07-2010 at 03:06 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-07-2010 03:03 AM
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
Were not companies are we cookie?
04-07-2010 03:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy
Were not companies are we cookie?
Doesn't make any difference. And you don't know that some of us own or don't own companies. I mean, some of us do have companies (which is a fact), and some might want to keep their identity private/not revealed as 'owner of' or 'investor in' those companies. Does that make them automatically bad??? I don't think so.

Wether it is a person or a owner/investor of a company (which can still be a person too), it doesn't make any difference in wanting to keep your credentials private.

This post was edited on 04-07-2010 at 03:16 AM by CookieRevised.
04-07-2010 03:08 AM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:

Why didn't you answer my question
because i didn't actually read what you posted, i knew full well that my above statement would be correct.
quote:
A private company where the owner wants to be private is not by definition bad....
name 1 good reason why the new owner would want to keep it a secret

This post was edited on 04-07-2010 at 03:52 AM by toddy.
04-07-2010 03:15 AM
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
No, the context you gave it was asking if people on the forum are bad because they keep there personal identity private. Nothing to do with people on the forum and companies.

Now you are trying to make it sound like you're saying individuals within companies not individuals as actual individuals and nothing else.

I'm not trying to go against you personally or anything but I completely see Discrates' point and you are trying to change things as you post. I guess 3 members are wrong and you are right..
04-07-2010 03:16 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:

Why didn't you answer my question
because i didn't actually read what you posted, i knew full well that my above statement would be correct.
lol.... And then you accuse me of being ignorant.

quote:
No, the context you gave it was asking if people on the forum are bad because they keep there personal identity private. Nothing to do with people on the forum and companies.

Now you are trying to make it sound like you're saying individuals within companies not individuals as actual individuals and nothing else.

I'm not trying to go against you personally or anything but I completely see Discrates' point and you are trying to change things as you post.
I'm not trying to turn things around Chrissy.
I'm not saying anything about individuals within the company (the workforce so to speak) if you are refering to that. In all my posts I meant the owners, sharholders, or investors. As I said, they can be 'persons' too. And since we are also persons, what is the difference?

As I said, there are people on these forums who own companies. And not everybody might want to reveal what companies they own or in what companies they have invested in. This is their right to do, and that does not make them automatically bad, like Toddy wants to believe.

But even so, some company owners/investors/shareholders want to keep their identities private for the exact same reasons why some individuals on these forums (who don't own anything) want to keep their real identity private. It is exactly the same thing. Somebody owning a company is still an individual too.

quote:
I guess 3 members are wrong and you are right..
When those members state the same thing as Toddy ("owner is basically someone bad, otherwise they wouldn't have an issue posting the info"), then yes, they are wrong.

-------

quote:
name 1 good reason why the new owner would want to keep it a secret
privacy, security, competition, it's non of your business, whatever, etc...

same reasons why so many other shareholders and investors in so many other companies are anonymous...

I can ask you the very same thing: Give me one good reason why so many people on these forums don't give their real name, address, or whatever in public....

This post was edited on 04-07-2010 at 10:00 PM by CookieRevised.
04-07-2010 03:36 AM
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
When talking online, within a forum you don't need to know the person you are talking to, heck it's the internet. However, if you are using a company you want to trust it and know whos service you are using.

Therefore you want to know the owner, and you want to trust the persons service you are using.

If you went into a bank to open an account and there was nothing in there except 1 person representing someone else, claiming his boss will look after your money would you trust him?

If you expect us to use a service, you should expect us to trust the service.
04-07-2010 03:17 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
It's fairly common practice for owners remaining private.....hence the term "Private Company".....there's nothing dodgy about it, some people just want to keep their business interests private
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5212 days, 19 hours, 26 minutes, 32 seconds ago
04-07-2010 03:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
It's fairly common practice for owners remaining private.....hence the term "Private Company".....there's nothing dodgy about it, some people just want to keep their business interests private
Yeah, in your opinion. After all the suspicions and carry ons etc, remaining private is not really a good idea..

If it's not a big deal we should be told.
04-07-2010 04:23 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: