What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [split] Private company - bad or not?

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
[split] Private company - bad or not?
Author: Message:
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Community Liaison - clarification
quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
It's fairly common practice for owners remaining private.....hence the term "Private Company".....there's nothing dodgy about it, some people just want to keep their business interests private
Yeah, in your opinion. After all the suspicions and carry ons etc, remaining private is not really a good idea..

If it's not a big deal we should be told.
or.... it's none of your business. There are people in charge that you can contact, like Patchou, who you should already trust. If that's an issue, nobody is stopping you from leaving.

If you don't understand basic business practices, just stfu, or at least try to understand. The least you could do is not be rude about it (and no Chrissy, this isn't meant to be directed at you, or anyone else, it's in general).

Just because some of you don't agree about whether they give the owner's names or not doesn't make it bad (seriously. It might seem bad to you, but it doesn't affect the company in a negative way other than you bashing on it).
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
04-07-2010 06:01 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
I don't think it's bad, I just think it's dodgy in the position plus is currently in.
04-07-2010 06:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I can ask you the very same thing: Give me one good reason why so many people on these forums don't give their real name, address, or whatever in public....
because people have nothing to gain (and a lot of lose) by telling this information to people. Granted for businesses there still could be a lot to lose (or hide) but they're is a lot to gain by sharing this information.

anyone who wants to keep secret in business is doing it to hide, whether its from the tax-man, family/friends, the clients, to save face, etc is for you to decide
04-07-2010 06:30 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Community Liaison - clarification
quote:
Originally posted by toddy
because people have nothing to gain (and a lot of lose) by telling this information to people. Granted for businesses there still could be a lot to lose (or hide) but they're is a lot to gain by sharing this information.
Gain what? The trust of a few very sceptical people? And then what? For the bussiness itself it wouldn't gain anything. Correct me if I'm wrong, but even if you knew the name(s), you would still be sceptical towards Yuna, no matter what.

And tbh, I don't think the owner of such a bussiness lays awake at night thinking about those few souls who don't trust Yuna. As djdannyp, Lou and others have said, it's none of our business and it shouldn't matter much as you already know people who are in charge which you can trust (like Patchou). Who the owner is doesn't realy matter if you trust the judgement of people like Patchou. He sure isn't going into business with a 'Bin Laden'.

If he starts to shout that all hell is braking loose, then yes, you would have a point and a good case to mistrust the stuff. Otherwise not.

Also, to give an answer on Chrissy's reply about that bank example etc. I bet many of you (us) don't even know like 10% of the owners/investors/shareholders of all the companies you come across in your daily life. Does that mean you mistrust every single company you come across? I bet not... If so, then sorry, but then you lead a very paranoid/sceptical/poor life. And are all those companies bad because they don't want to reveal such info to you? I don't think so.

quote:
anyone who wants to keep secret in business is doing it to hide, whether its from the tax-man, family/friends, the clients, to save face, etc is for you to decide
You left out a whole lot of other perfectly valid reasons...

This post was edited on 04-07-2010 at 07:57 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-07-2010 07:52 PM
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
quote:
If so, then sorry, but then you lead a very paranoid/sceptical/poor life.
Don't judge me.. your opinion is not fact, just because your opinion is different it doesn't mean I'm paranoid or I have a poor life.

Even if I do want to be paranoid, it's up to me. As you've said above some minorities shouldn't judge or decide what's right and wrong.
04-07-2010 07:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:
If he starts to shout that all hell is braking loose, then yes, you would have a point and a good case to mistrust the stuff. Otherwise not.
forgive me if i'm wrong, but didn't he sign contracts saying he wouldn't talk, i'm sure they'll include saying anything bad about the new bosses.

quote:
you mean the valid reason you failed to come up when i asked the question? lol

feel free to have another attempt at answering "name 1 good reason why the new owner would want to keep it a secret"

lets face it, even the most secretive of owners would be happy to put out "we are just a group of investors/bankers/ex-staff/IT technicians/etc" we're as the official response here is "this sort of information isn't available"
04-07-2010 08:16 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Community Liaison - clarification
quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy
quote:
If so, then sorry, but then you lead a very paranoid/sceptical/poor life.
Don't judge me.. your opinion is not fact, just because your opinion is different it doesn't mean I'm paranoid or I have a poor life.

Even if I do want to be paranoid, it's up to me. As you've said above some minorities shouldn't judge or decide what's right and wrong.
don't quote me out of context so you can reply with "your opinion is not fact".

My post is just as much 'fact' (mind the quotes) as yours is... Learn the meaning of fact and the meaning of opinion.
I am not the one here who is constantly stating that everything I say is fact! You (and others) are constantly putting that in my mouth and reading my posts as such, that is a big difference! If anyone else says the same thing, you would probably not reply with something like "your opinion is not fact".

Let me quote myself again:
quote:
Also, to give an answer on Chrissy's reply about that bank example etc. I bet many of you (us) don't even know like 10% of the owners/investors/shareholders of all the companies you come across in your daily life. Does that mean you mistrust every single company you come across? I bet not... If so, then sorry, but then you lead a very paranoid/sceptical/poor life. And are all those companies bad because they don't want to reveal such info to you? I don't think so.
Everything bold has clearly nothing todo with 'fact' but everything todo with a train of thoughts and association of ideas.

And to state a real fact this time: the minories are the ones who think that keeping such info private (for such companies that is) is bad. As people have said before, it is common practice to do this in business (in many countries there are even laws and acts which specifically regulate such stuff). As such it's the majorities which don't have any problems with that.

2) So let me connect the dots again, and go back to my previous post

If you agree that private=bad in this case, then you must also think this for all the other companies you come across in daily life like I described in my previous post, no? That is pure logic (A=B, B=C, so A=C). And wouldn't that be a poor way of living then, constantly mistrusting everything? I think so.
If you don't think the same for all the other companies you come across, then you must be judging Yuna with double standards... And if that would be the case, I'd like to know why....

--------------------

quote:
quote:
forgive me if i'm wrong, but didn't he sign contracts saying he wouldn't talk, i'm sure they'll include saying anything bad about the new bosses.
There is a massive difference between saying something bad about the bosses and speaking out when stuff goes wrong.
Like I said before, if stuff goes wrong, Patchou would surely speak out. In fact, he already did that once... and the result was for the better... and that is fact (not because I said so, but because you and everybody else can read about that in older threads).

quote:
quote:
you mean the valid reason you failed to come up when i asked the question? lol
I mean all the, just as much valid, reasons I gave when answering your question and all the other (non-paranoid, but real life) reasons other people have already given in this thread. That you don't like them and bluntly ignore them is your problem.

This post was edited on 04-07-2010 at 10:05 PM by CookieRevised.
04-07-2010 09:44 PM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Like I said before, if stuff goes wrong, Patchou would surely speak out. In fact, he already did that once... and the result was for the better... and that is fact (not because I said so, but because you and everybody else can read about that in older threads).
so patchou spoke out in public, i think not! yes he may have spoken to his boss, but he didn't come here until he was told he was aloud!
so what happens when boss tells him to take a walk, really think patchou is gonna risk a law suit.....

quote:
I mean all the, just as much valid, reasons I gave when answering your question and all the other (non-paranoid, but real life) reasons other people have already given in this thread. That you don't like them and bluntly ignore them is your problem.
no i didn't ignore them, i just though your reason are shit, and as i ask for valid reasons you didn't answer in my books. the excuses you get are just that, excuses.

funny how you ignored the last part of my post

This post was edited on 04-07-2010 at 10:12 PM by toddy.
04-07-2010 10:09 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Community Liaison - clarification
:rolleyes:

EDIT:
quote:
funny how you ignored the last part of my post
Maybe because that was already replied upon multiple times before by me and others. So, what do I need to do? Repeat everything once again so then you can state something like "All you can do is repeating and making pages of posts"... I think not...

This post was edited on 04-07-2010 at 10:34 PM by CookieRevised.
04-07-2010 10:13 PM
Apatik

\o/

– / Male / Flag
I say T&T.
[Image: bobblespam.gif]
[Image: rdmazu.php]
04-07-2010 10:16 PM