What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Messenger Plus! launches Plus! Sports

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Messenger Plus! launches Plus! Sports
Author: Message:
mynetx
Skinning Contest Winner

Microsoft insider

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! launches Plus! Sports
Nah. She had linked to plusssports.com with triple S and I hadn’t noticed.
mynetx - Microsoft, enhanced.

You have a problem or issue with Windows, Internet
Explorer or Office?
Send a tweet!
05-28-2010 08:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
I was absolutely not expecting that.
Pretty cool.. just.. out of.. context for me i guess.

But good. :)
05-28-2010 08:40 PM
Naruteitor

i've already aim

29 / Male / Flag
oh, that's good idea, but patchou would add the icon of plussports on interface of MP? :D
"Because... She's
gone"
05-29-2010 12:59 AM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
If there are more services comming like this, maybe it isn't a bad idea to also extend the "show me promotions associated with Plus!" option with a opt-out checkbox list for each added service so the user can choose what icons to display and which not.
That, I definitely agree with (Y) :)
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
05-29-2010 03:24 PM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
Mmm, I think they should stop concentrating on making pointless websites and instead be concentrating on adding features to Plus! itself and bring back some of the shine that appears to of been lost in the last 12 months.

Sorry but I am not impressed, I have hundreds of other websites I can use if I wanted to access this and a website that is ported over from an already average website is not on the top of my list.

This post was edited on 05-30-2010 at 05:00 AM by Eddie.
...there used to be a signature here :)
05-30-2010 04:59 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Nathalie
Former Yuna Software

– / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Messenger Plus! launches Plus! Sports
quote:
Originally posted by warmth
OMFG! didn't expect something like that! Amazing Yuna guys! Thanks for this!

Any available jobs?

P

No available jobs at the moment, but probably will be jobs in the future.   (Please don't send me cvs at the moment, as there are no immediate vacancies, but we'll keep you posted).

quote:
Originally posted by warmth
OMFG! didn't expect something like that! Amazing Yuna guys! Thanks for this!

Note: team's tabs should be done in ajax... reloading the whole website on each click is not treding :P

Thanks for comments and suggestions.  I've passed on your note to our partner.

quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
If they are live, i will use the site :P

Discrate originally asked if the scores are live (was the original post deleted?)

The scores of the matches are updated live. The events are updated regularly, but not live (may take a few hours or days, depending on the country).

quote:

EDIT: Come to think of it... The name "Plus!Sports" isn't that well choosen imho. The site is all about soccer, nothing else, so not about sports in general. "Plus!Soccer" would have been more appropiate me thinks...

Soccer is phase one of Plus! Sports, which we have launched in time for the World Cup. This may evolve into other sports. 

This post was edited on 05-30-2010 at 09:56 AM by Nathalie.
Nathalie
Community Liaison
Yuna Software

05-30-2010 09:03 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
I'm less and less interested in the site now, as Eddie says, the information is easily retrievable from elsewhere....BBC is a far better and guaranteed live scores, information, etc.

There's also no logical connection between Plus! and Football....so it kinda baffles me a little.  It really just seems that Yuna are trading off the Messenger Plus! name.  If it was perhaps joined with a Plus! Script that took all of the information and could display it in PSM or in convos with the use of commands, then it would make more sense.

Also, this isn't a Yuna forums......it's a Messenger Plus! Live forums......surely ventures such as these, or Plus! games, etc are better served on a Yuna hosted forum?

quote:
Originally posted by Nathalie
quote:

EDIT: Come to think of it... The name "Plus!Sports" isn't that well choosen imho. The site is all about soccer, nothing else, so not about sports in general. "Plus!Soccer" would have been more appropiate me thinks...

Soccer is phase one of Plus! Sports, which we have launched in time for the World Cup. This may evolve into other sports.

The game to which you're trying to refer is Football ;).  "Soccer" is an American/Australian bastardisation as they already had their own games called 'football' (neither of which use feet as the primary means of controlling the ball :/) before they were introduced to Association Football :P.

This post was edited on 05-30-2010 at 06:20 PM by djdannyp.
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5212 days, 22 hours, 45 minutes, 50 seconds ago
05-30-2010 06:20 PM
Nathalie
Former Yuna Software

– / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Messenger Plus! launches Plus! Sports
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp.

The game to which you're trying to refer is Football ;).  "Soccer" is an American/Australian bastardisation as they already had their own games called 'football' (neither of which use feet as the primary means of controlling the ball :/) before they were introduced to Association Football :P.[/size]

I can't speak for Americans and Australians, but as a Canadian, let me point out that there are soccer fans outside of Europe and all over the world, including North America, but if you refer to football in Canada and the U.S., you would be referring to a different sport..if the site was dedicated only to European soccer, then it would in fact be appropriate to call it football, imho.
Nathalie
Community Liaison
Yuna Software

05-30-2010 08:53 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
Factually speaking, the game is called Football, so it would be inaccurate on a world wide website to call it anything else.  If the game were solely for a US/Canadian audience, then calling it soccer would be justfied.

Similarly, if a global website were to refer to American Football, that would be correct......but if it were a North American website, it would be more accurate to say soccer.

It might just be semantics, but it's correct ;)
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5212 days, 22 hours, 45 minutes, 50 seconds ago
05-30-2010 09:36 PM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
The name isn't the same in all countries, just get used to it. Still, everyone understands what was meant.

[Also, it can always be worse. Initial protuguese translation for football/soccer was ludopédio. Glad we liked futebol better.]
[Image: Empty.png]
05-30-2010 10:17 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: