What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » I can't sign in on the new Messenger Live

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
I can't sign in on the new Messenger Live
Author: Message:
AlexielLore

O.P. I can't sign in on the new Messenger Live
I can't sign in on the new Messenger Live :( I installed it last night and it just won't work. The mail works, and everything else, but the messenger doesn't... and it doesn't give me any error :(
Any suggestions?
05-31-2010 03:22 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: I can't sign in on the new Messenger Live
Stay away from leaked software?

Get the real latest at http://download.live.com/messenger
[Image: 25dr3o9]
05-31-2010 03:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
AlexielLore

O.P. RE: I can't sign in on the new Messenger Live
That is exactly the one I downloaded, the proper one. Not fake, not leaked. I didn't even know there are any fake ones :))
Thanks!
05-31-2010 04:09 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
Can you explain what happens when you try to sign in?
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
06-02-2010 01:18 AM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
Can you go to Help -> About Messenger
and post a screenshot of that window?
(if you can't view that menu, hit the alt key first)
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
06-02-2010 02:16 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Wileyska

– / Female / Flag
I downloaded the latest Windows Live Messenger yesterday afternoon (06/03/10) after 3 days of MSN Live and MSN Plus Live troubleshooting. Everything was kind of working until last night. "Kind of means:" I was able to log in to MSN Live Messenger with Plus, and no contacts list, but I managed.

This morning when I open up MSN Live I see the list of accounts on the drop down, when I click on Sign In, nothing really happens.

If I go to HELP/About Messenger nothing comes up.
If I go to HELP/Service Status it takes me to their web page.

When I go to TOOLS/Options/Connection/Advance Settings and Tet on TCP I get Connected, verifying ability to send data now...Success, you can connect to the Windows Live Messenger service.

Note: TOOLS/Options/Personal and other options are disabled.

The last 3 days I have been troubleshooting the following:
1- No Contact list.
2- MPLive was not coming up after installed.
3- No Custome Emoticones

I resolved #2, then I wanted to go back and fix #1. I followed some instructions I found on this webpage (Can't remember the thread, but it was one I had to download ZapMessenger and follow some manual steps deleting files from different paths, etc.)

I am logged in as ADMINISTRATOR, I have uninstalled and installed MSN Live and Plus about 15 times.
When I log in from another laptop or desktop, everything is just fine. I get contacts and Plus.

I think it has to do with some registry files I might have deleted yesterday, but really don't know which ones or how to manually do it and put them back.

I had disabled my anti-virus and firewall to make sure nothing is blocking it.
I have no SmileyCentral, blah, blah... I took care of this 2 days ago.

After 3 days, I am really giving up on this, but I need MSN to communicate with Clients and Family. I have read (I think) every possible thread on this website that I could find about this and other issues and I just want a solution...even if you send me to another thread I haven't read...but 3 days of reading, unintalling, installing, restarting are enough. (Sorry, I had to get it out of my system :) )

Wileyska :)
06-04-2010 05:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
Wileyska, if you are/were having problems with Plus! and WLM, you should uninstall Messenger Plus! Live and restart your computer to see if your problem with WLM continues, so we can focus on the WLM problem first.

You've probably already tried it, but these steps will instruct you to do a clean install. Otherwise I'm lost for ideas.

Re. problem #3 see here.

P.S. To avoid confusion, please use correct names.
MSN Live = Windows Live Messenger (WLM)
MSN Plus Live = Messenger Plus! Live (Msg Plus! Live)
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
06-04-2010 10:12 PM
Wileyska

– / Female / Flag
Those are the exact steps I followed and then got this issue.

#1 issue is: I cannot sign in to MSN Live

#2 MSN Plus: if I don't fix 1st, I can't resolve this one

#3 Customed Emoticons: I need to solve #1

I already uninstalled everything and it is not working. I see the icon, it opens up, I have my drop down, I see my login name and password, I hit SIGN IN, nothing happens.

06-07-2010 02:04 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
If you right click on the taskbar and open the Task Manager, do you see WLComm.exe as a running process on the processes tab?

Also, please take note of Chris' point.  The names of the software are very important as if you use the incorrect terms it makes it harder for people to understand what you are talking about and therefore to help you

This post was edited on 06-07-2010 at 02:40 PM by djdannyp.
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5222 days, 21 hours, 40 minutes, 17 seconds ago
06-07-2010 02:39 PM
Wileyska

– / Female / Flag
I don't see WLComm.exe in Processes tab under Task Manager.

After I followed the Thread with ZapMessenger (which is the same thread Chris4 sent me to) this issue started.
I can open Windows Live Messenger, I see my login name, but when I click, nothing happens.

Since this morning when I set my mind to start troubleshooting again, I wanted to uninstall everything but the Windows Live Essentials is no longer in the list to Add/Remove Programs. I deleted the folder manually thru C:\Program Files\Windows Live and ran installation again, but it says that Messenger Live is already installed. I couldn't ever repair it. Somehow, I finally got it to uninstall and I decided to install Windows Live Messenger 8.0, just to have an earlier version and from there update to latest. It installed 8.0 sucessfully. Then it forced me to update, I said YES, and I got Error: 0x80280007 and tells me that I already have some Windows Live essential tools installed. I ran "cleanmgr" to perform Clean Installation of Windows Live Messenger and deleted 4 registry files they recommend in windowslivehelp.com, restarted my pc and nothing.
I deleted everything again, uninstalling and removing them manually. Ran the Windows Live installation and I got MSN Messenger will be repaired (very surprised and excited)...but when it finished, nothing...I am back to having a login screen and no response when I click on Sing in.

06-07-2010 07:28 PM
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: