What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Essentials Public Beta release

Pages: (31): « First « 22 23 24 25 [ 26 ] 27 28 29 30 » Last »
Essentials Public Beta release
Author: Message:
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Essentials Public Beta release
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
For the 16th million time: Using old Messnger versions (or even third party clients) doen't mean your contacts using Messenger 2010/2011 won't see your full name.

Read the entire thread before you start discussing something which has been repated over and over again.
The thread is 25 pages deep...You cant expect everyone to rear the entire thread thru.
You don't need to read the entire thread to know that. What Menthix said is repeated on almost every 'page'!!

In fact, I just repeated it yet again in the post right before Jolo's. Showing that he didn't read aynthing at all, making Menthix's comments more than justified. It is exactly stuff like that (not reading even the few last posts) which makes threads unneeded long. So yes, if you want to discuss something (or give tips) you can expect people to at least read a few 'pages'. You don't jump right into a conversation either without knowing what has already been said IRL either.

You do jump into a conversation and get updated. Damn Cookie for one thing we agree on (Messenger's changes being a step backwards) you have to fuck it up...

This post was edited on 07-18-2010 at 08:00 PM by riahc4.
07-18-2010 07:59 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
foaly

38 / Male / Flag
Microsoft just send me a mail advising me to "upgrade" to the new Beta...
Apparently I'm not cool when I keep running WLM2009 :(
Seems to me MS doesn't really care about the problems users could experience running beta software...

the dutch ad...
[signature.jpg]
07-22-2010 03:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
I don't ever recall Microsoft making a change when requested by the community, in the end it is going to be a minority that complain about things like a Full Name showing up, so it will not be changed, its a fact of life.
...there used to be a signature here :)
07-24-2010 01:01 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
YuMaNuMa

Does the new update support WLM 2011 beta? I'm not that certain but as far as the version code is concern; if one of the 2 middle number change it means that it supports a new version or platform but if the last three change it means theres a bug fix?

Any idea?
07-24-2010 11:55 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by YuMaNuMa
Does the new update support WLM 2011 beta?
No.

quote:
Originally posted by YuMaNuMa
if one of the 2 middle number change it means that it supports a new version or platform but if the last three change it means theres a bug fix?
There are really no rules for that. Although the middle numbers changing like you say is usually a bigger change than just the last numbers changing, yes.

This is what changed in version 4.85:
quote:
Originally posted by http://www.msgpluslive.net/download/changelog/
Messenger Plus! Live 4.85.386 (19/07/2010)
  • Microsoft recently released a beta version of Messenger 2010/2011 (Wave 4). Although Messenger Plus! is not compatible with the new version yet, this new release properly detects the beta and do some basic initialisation for things like the auto-update feature.
  • When the new Messenger beta is detected, Messenger Plus! adds its usual "Software not loaded" menu in the contact list. From this menu, the compatibility window can be displayed to display some information and, more importantly, to let more advanced users disable "safe mode".
    -- When safe mode is disabled with the beta, Messenger Plus! activates some of its functionalities. Using Messenger Plus! in this mode may cause all sorts of errors to occur, no support will be given for beta versions of Messenger.
    -- If you experience issues after disabling safe mode, use the Maintenance wizard (available from the uninstaller) to revert Messenger Plus! to its normal state.
  • The Repair Wizard of the uninstaller now resets the "safe mode" setting of Messenger Plus! even if user preferences are not erased.

This post was edited on 07-25-2010 at 09:31 AM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
07-25-2010 09:21 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
dbgarza

Pet the Kitty ^_^

46 / Male / Flag
I was reading this topic and saw a post mentioning that the removal of the nicknames was because of the integration with social networks but that has nothing to do with it.

You see I have AIM 7 and I have it linked with my facebook account, AIM retains my AIM sign-in name and yet I can chat with my facebook contacts.

I think that in the case of AIM it is because our nicknames are actually our usernames to sign-in unlike msn that uses the hotmail/live/passport registered e-mail address as username to sign-in.

Thing that makes me wonder. What will happen with the non-msn e-mails that can sign in on msn? those doesn't have a live profile like gmail accounts for example that we register through the passport site, so how we will see them? just as e-mails?

Also what about the interaction with yahoo? anyone can tell me how the new msn handles the yahoo IDs?
07-29-2010 06:28 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by dbgarza
I was reading this topic and saw a post mentioning that the removal of the nicknames was because of the integration with social networks but that has nothing to do with it.

You see I have AIM 7 and I have it linked with my facebook account, AIM retains my AIM sign-in name and yet I can chat with my facebook contacts.

It's not that the Facebook integration forces it to be real names over nicknames, but it's been done that way in order to fit in with the social integration with the Live Profiles and Facebook, etc so that it's a common name across all platforms and you know who you're speaking to without having to look at e-mail addresses past 'display names'

This post was edited on 07-29-2010 at 06:33 AM by djdannyp.
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5207 days, 17 hours, 14 minutes, 37 seconds ago
07-29-2010 06:33 AM
dbgarza

Pet the Kitty ^_^

46 / Male / Flag
That I know but not everyone has facebook, that's why I also asked how msn will handle the non msn e-mails registered through passport and the Yahoo IDs, you know the compatibility with yahoo. I mean since some people doesn't have facebook and as far I know the passport account doesn't have a live profile linked to them, I don't know how they will appear in the contacts list.

This post was edited on 07-29-2010 at 07:05 AM by dbgarza.
07-29-2010 06:53 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by dbgarza
Thing that makes me wonder. What will happen with the non-msn e-mails that can sign in on msn? those doesn'tq have a live profile like gmail accounts for example that we register through the passport site, so how we will see them? just as e-mails?
Before you can use any non-Hotmail/Live address on Messenger you need to register it as a Live account (formerly MSN Passport). Doing this will give you a full Live account, including a profile. A Hotmail inbox is one of the few things you won't get (because you obviously already have an inbox elsewhere).

You don't need Facebook, your name is taken from your Live profile.

Yahoo contacts in the Messenger beta are still displayed the same (nicknames) afaik, nothing changed there.

This post was edited on 07-29-2010 at 07:51 AM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
07-29-2010 07:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
dbgarza

Pet the Kitty ^_^

46 / Male / Flag
Ah okay, I didn't knew now live makes profiles for the non hotmail/live accounts, thanks for clearing that up.

Though I sure will miss the display names, I mean it was one of the parts we could make more personalized thanks to messenger plus. You know adding the colors and such.

This post was edited on 07-29-2010 at 09:43 PM by dbgarza.
07-29-2010 09:43 PM
Pages: (31): « First « 22 23 24 25 [ 26 ] 27 28 29 30 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: