What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Microphone drops in video call

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Microphone drops in video call
Author: Message:
ktowns

O.P. Microphone drops in video call
Hi there,

So I'm on Windows XP with whatever the current non-beta version of WLM is. I have regular video calls and four out of five times, my microphone will stop working/WLM will stop responding to it. 
The volume meter will freeze at the last position it was at and I'll have to stop the call and restart it in order to get audio back. I do a LOT of video calling and some of that in fullscreen and its just a hassle.

I've got an open thread over with windowslivehelp.com and of course they want me to remove Plus... but I rely heavily on auto-accept as well.

Anyone have any ideas?
07-04-2010 06:46 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Microphone drops in video call
If you remove Messenger Plus! Live, does the problem go away?
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5233 days, 11 hours, 50 minutes, 33 seconds ago
07-04-2010 07:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ktowns

O.P. RE: Microphone drops in video call
No :) So.. I guess its not Messenger Plus!

Still, I don't expect the Windows Live support team to be of much help so if anyone has any further suggestions or ideas, I'd still be very grateful!
07-04-2010 10:00 PM
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
Does it freeze when using other applications or is it just when you use Windows Live Messenger?
07-04-2010 10:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
ktowns

WLM only
07-04-2010 10:24 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
[off topic]
quote:
Originally posted by ktowns
Still, I don't expect the Windows Live support team to be of much help so if anyone has any further suggestions or ideas, I'd still be very grateful!
They are far more helpfull than you think. In fact, they would be able to help you better than we can since this is most likely an issue deep within Windows Live Messenger itself or the supported audio drivers. I very strongly suggest you follow their advise and give as much details as possible to them...

[/off topic]

This post was edited on 07-06-2010 at 08:15 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-05-2010 01:35 AM
ktowns

O.P. RE: RE: Microphone drops in video call
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by ktowns
They are far more helpfull than you think. In fact, they would be able to help you better than we can since this is an issue in Windows Live Messenger itself. I very strongly suggest you follow their advise and give as much details as possible to them...

Scuse the cynicism, most of what I've seen looks like form responses.
07-05-2010 02:11 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
[off topic]

Yes they use forms. Every big solution center uses forms. In fact, we ask 'standard' questions at first on these forums too, that is how problem solving works, everywhere... It is by properly answering these 'standard' questions that the people can help you further and pinpoint the problem so that they can escalate the issue and forward you to the correct people if the standard solutions don't work.

If you haven't seen that happening than you either haven't spend much time on the Windows Live Solution Center forums, or you haven't properly answered the questions they've asked. Also remember that they need to answer thousands of questions, so it can take a few days.

Thus to solve your microphone problem you far better go to the Solution Center than hoping someone here comes with a solution as this is a very vague issue.

Other than the common "reinstall wlm and/or the sound drivers"-response there is mostlikely nobody here who would be able to help you with this.

[/off topic]

So...
Have you tried reinstalling Messenger?
Have you tried reinstalling and even upgrading the sound drivers?

Other than that I'm afraid we can not help you with this and you might be better of contacting Support on the Windows Live Solution Center forums.
And if a solution is found, please let us know.

;)

This post was edited on 07-06-2010 at 08:14 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-05-2010 03:56 AM
ktowns

Yeah, they had me do a full clean install, spyware scan, one or two other things. I haven't reinstalled sound drivers because my mic is built into the cam and the drivers are either on the cam itself or its built with generic-compatible functionality or something. It didn't come with any drivers - was advertised as not needing any.

But hey, maybe I'll see if there's a microsoft update to those basic drivers or if the company has put anything out.
Still, I've had no issues with it and any other software.

Thanks for the assistance, I will reply when there's a solution. The WLM support team is still throwing the form suggestions at me for now.
07-06-2010 04:51 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Every device requires a driver. Just because they claim it doesn't need any means that basic functionaly will be achieved by genaric Microsoft drivers. The company may just release driver updates to correct issues.
07-06-2010 05:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: