What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » eset nod32 blocked messenger plus 4.85

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
eset nod32 blocked messenger plus 4.85
Author: Message:
bilbobagins75

55 / Male / Flag
RE: eset nod32 blocked messenger plus 4.85
So can someone tell me , Is it safe to download the current version with your virus software disabled and then re-enable it afterwards or is there actually a problem with the software being infected ?
08-07-2010 05:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: eset nod32 blocked messenger plus 4.85
quote:
Originally posted by bilbobagins75
So can someone tell me , Is it safe to download the current version with your virus software disabled and then re-enable it afterwards or is there actually a problem with the software being infected ?
Yes, Messenger Plus! Live is completely safe to download. It's not infected, just falsely detected by 1 out of 44 anti-virus companies (NOD32) of which we're trying to resolve. If you're using NOD32 - disabling it, installing Plus!, then re-enabling may do the trick, however it may falsely detect it in the future and result in Plus! disappearing, so I'd recommended adding Plus! to the safe list (if it has one) or using different anti-virus software.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
08-07-2010 11:11 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
questatmayne

eset nod32 blocked messenger plus 3.85
my nod32 won't even allow it to install ,i say ignore then it said it must be terminated. first of all what is the solution for this problem and second is that if i even exceed installing it then Microsoft messenger plus live is the company who must take full responsibility  when i get a virus from this application. messenger plus should cancel the update they are offering and fix it so that i won't get a virus error. i use eset nod32.

NOD32 antivirus system information
Virus signature database version:    5587 (20101103)
Dated:    3. november 2010. a.
Virus signature database build:    20647

Information on other scanner support parts
Advanced heuristics module version:    1113 (20100827)
Advanced heuristics module build:    1223
Internet filter version:    1.002 (20040708)
Internet filter build:    1013
Archive support module version:    1111 (20100826)
Archive support module build version:    1256

Version:    2.70.39
11-03-2010 01:16 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by questatmayne
what is the solution for this problem
Dissable NOD32, then redownload and install Messenger Plus!.

Messenger Plus! is safe and contains NO virusses at all. See this very same thread for the reason why NOD32 gives you this warnings.

;)

quote:
and second is that if i even exceed installing it then Microsoft messenger plus live is the company who must take full responsibility  when i get a virus from this application.
That's wrong though, in multiple ways.
First of all Microsoft hasn't got anything to do with Messenger Plus! at all. Messenger Plus! is created by Yuna, which is not affiliated with Microsoft.

Second, it is your own responsibility if you want to ignore warnings from virus scanners etc. It is not the responsebility of the virusscanner's manufacture, nor is it the responsebility of the creator of the software you're installing despite the wanrings. Although, as said, there is nothing wrong with ignoring it in this case though.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-03-2010 01:37 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
messenger plus should cancel the update they are offering and fix it so that i won't get a virus error. i use eset nod32.
Yuna Software is in contact with people at Eset (makers of NOD32) to solve the issue. Unfortunately it is a very slow process. It is not a matter of canceling the update, NOD32 is flagging the installer of all recent Plus! versions.

Also note:
  • NOD32 classifies Win32/MessengerPlus as a "potentially unwanted application" (orange) and not as a "threat" (red).
  • Other security products which started flagging Messenger Plus! in the same timeframe as Eset already investigated the issue and confirmed Plus! is not insecure or malicious. See the reports from: Norton Safe Web, hpHosts and Malwarebytes.
  • NOD32 is the only known anti-virus product to have a problem with Messenger Plus!, dozens of other notable products all label it safe: VirusTotal MsgPlusLive-490.exe scanning results.

This is very annoying, but as long as the people at Eset don't change their mind there is nothing else you can do except for disabling NOD32 for the few minutes it takes to install Plus!. People at Yuna Software are already in contact with Eset too, but if you wish to complain to Eset you can reach them through this way: How to submit virus or potential false positive samples to ESET's labs

Temporary disabling NOD32 will do, although it does take a couple more steps than Eset says it will.
  • Doubleclick on the NOD32 icon [Image: nod32-systray-icon.png] in the systray next to the clock in the lower-right of your screen. On Windows 7 in some cases the NOD32 icon is hidden behind the little up arrow next to the clock.
  • In the lower-left of the NOD32 windows click 'Change' to toggle to 'Advanced mode'.
    [Image: nod32-change-display-mode.png]
  • Once you're in advanced mode, click on 'Setup' and then 'Antivirus and antispyware protection'.
  • You should see the status of all 4 of NOD32's components, click on 'Disable' under all 4 of these components.
  • Now you should be able to download Plus! and install it without any problem.
  • Once you are done you can delete the installer file and re-enable NOD32. Only the installer is flagged by NOD32, Plus! works fine once it is installed, even with NOD32 on its highest settings.

[Image: nod32-disable-antivirus-and-spyware-prot...letely.png]

This post was edited on 11-03-2010 at 06:40 PM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
11-03-2010 04:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: