What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Can't login to Messenger?

Can't login to Messenger?
Author: Message:
KaiSo

30 / Female / –
O.P. Can't login to Messenger?
I'm not sure exactly what's happened. It's been like a month, I've tried almost every solution I've found for what I thought was my problem, but none of it has worked.

I'm not sure what the error is, because it's never listed when the problem occurs.
I'm not even sure when I updated, but whenever I did it worked for a while, but suddenly I was unable to log-in. Those two people icons endlessly spin on and on, and I know it registers that I'm online, because I once tried while I was logged onto meebo, and I was instantly kicked off of the online service, but the messenger still never finished the log-in process, and the icons kept spinning.
When I press cancel, it doesn't let me click anything, and I have to use my task manager to close it. I've uninstalled/reinstalled and it still does the same thing.

When I try to use the troubleshooter, it says my wireless doesn't pick up, but I'm still connected to the internet?

I've looked on this website for what I thought was related to my problem, but any of the solutions listed that I've found so far haven't worked.

I've scanned my computer, updated my service and it still didn't pick up any viruses, but I didn't think that was it in the first place.

But I'm still confused as to what's going on. Is there anyone that wants to help? It would be VERY much appreciated.

This post was edited on 08-30-2010 at 02:16 AM by KaiSo.
08-30-2010 02:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
RE: Can't login to Messenger?
Please see CookieRevised's reply to Contacts problem. See if this works.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6560 days, 21 hours, 37 minutes, 11 seconds ago.

08-30-2010 03:04 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
KaiSo

30 / Female / –
O.P. RE: Can't login to Messenger?
I have tried doing that, but the problem still occurs. D8
08-31-2010 10:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Can't login to Messenger?
quote:
Originally posted by KaiSo
When I try to use the troubleshooter, it says my wireless doesn't pick up, but I'm still connected to the internet?
I'd focus your solution-hunting on this. If the troubleshooter is telling you there's a problem with your wireless and it can't connect, it's probably right.

Does it give any more info?

If you connect to the internet directly with an ethernet cable, does it fix the problem?
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
08-31-2010 11:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: