What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » HELP! MSN auto blocked newly added accounts.

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
HELP! MSN auto blocked newly added accounts.
Author: Message:
xtremescy

O.P. HELP! MSN auto blocked newly added accounts.
Hello. Just yesterday and minutes ago I added 2 of my friends. Upon adding they became blocked. Is there a bug?

I did tried to unblock by clicking and they are unblocked. But it is really also unblocked over at their end?
08-31-2010 01:50 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: HELP! MSN auto blocked newly added accounts.
The problem you describe is occuring because you've probably previously added your friends to your contacts list in the past, but then blocked and deleted them. So, when you re-add them, they will be blocked until you unblock them again, which you've now done.

So the answer to your question is - yes, they are now unblocked. If they accept your request and haven't blocked you, you'll then be able to chat to them when they sign in.

Please note: You've incorrectly posted this in the Messenger Plus! bug reports forum. Your problem is with Windows Live Messenger, not Messenger Plus!. If you believe a bug exists in WLM, a report should be made to its developers. I've requested this to be moved to the correct support forum.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
08-31-2010 02:37 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
xtremescy

O.P. RE: HELP! MSN auto blocked newly added accounts.
No i didn't add them before. That was a fresh new add. Could it be a recent virus? Sorry for the wrong post in here
08-31-2010 04:19 AM
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
If you think it is a virus, scan your computer with anti-virus software & Anti-Malware.

Once you have done this, change your WLM password and your secret question. If the problem doesn't happen after that, you should be fine.
08-31-2010 05:07 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
Highly undoubtful that there's a virus which blocks Messenger contacts...

Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware if you like.
08-31-2010 01:36 PM
xtremescy

O.P. RE: HELP! MSN auto blocked newly added accounts.
help! the problem is still there! i just add my friend(new account) it's auto blocked!
09-02-2010 05:03 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
Go to Tools > Options > Privacy. Check your allow and block list.

On the block list, you should only see the contacts you've blocked.

See anything out of the ordinary?
09-02-2010 05:46 PM
Punks

I've been having this same problem and haven't found a solution yet. Every time I add a new contact it's instantly blocked on my side and my friends side.

The problem began because I was having difficulties adding new people.  A lot of times when i added a new contact it said--
"You're done!...This Windows Live Service isn't available right now, but we'll add xxx@hotmail.com to your contacts as soon as the service is available again."

IT NEVER DID, even when i know that they are on. Looking for a solution to this problem i read somewhere else that deleting the contacts cache folder could fix the problem, so I did it but still I couldn't add contacts so I went to the recycle bin and restored the contacts folder and that's when the problem began. I noticed many of my contacts were blocked and every time I added a new contact it was instantly blocked. Now having these two problems I read that deleting the shared folder in the registry at HKCU\Software\Microsoft\WindowsLive\Communications Client could fix it but still I'm having this problem.

If someone can help thanks in advance
09-03-2010 01:58 AM
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
I can confirm myself this has just happened to me too. Also, I've noticed those dodgy spam bots that I've blocked can still talk to me fine. There is no way for me to stop this :zippy:

Using the latest stable WLM.
09-03-2010 03:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Kyriakin

I've had the same problem.

For ages could not add anyone, and it said it would add them later (but never did, because the contacts had the yellow error message in their contact details forever after this).

Now, when I add a new contact, they appear as blocked.
09-03-2010 05:00 AM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: