What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » WLM v14 and v15 big problem

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
WLM v14 and v15 big problem
Author: Message:
Nyxem

– / Male / Flag
O.P. WLM v14 and v15 big problem
I bought a new notebook with Windows 7 (x64) installed on it.
I downloaded and installed WL Essentials,with only Messenger selected to be downloaded.After the installation process was done,Messenger came up and I filled out the spaces for e-mail account and password and I have select "Sign in".The blue and green icon started to rotate,so I thought it's OK.After about thirty seconds nothing has happened.I waited for a while and the some errors came up.I've checked every error on this forum and other forums,but nothing was the solution.
Later,I installed Pidgin(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pidgin_%28software%29),I've sign in and it was OK,so I noticed that the defect is not on the account.While Pidgin was still running I tried one more time to sign into my WL Messenger,and again it was the same problem,but Pidgin has disconnected from my account,and Pidgin "told me" that I sign in form a different location,and that means WL Messenger has signed in on my account but the program is still on the "signing in" screen.And one more thing,while trying to sign in,when I receive a e-mail ,the notification shows up.
That all is on the v14 versions of WLM,but on the v15 and the today released WL Essentials 2011 after the installation process is done,and the Messenger shows up,an 80004002 error comes up.And after every start of Messenger the error comes up without me pressing the "sign in" button.

So,where is the problem,I sign in but the WL Messenger "stucks" on the sign in screen.

PS.Sorry for my bad English.And if you have any additional questions,feel free to ask.
btw.I've tested one more thing,I entered some random letters in the password field,and after a few seconds,there was a message that the password is incorrect.So it signs in,but I can't see it.
10-01-2010 10:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: WLM v14 and v15 big problem
A search for '80004002' on the Windows Live Solution Center shows the support staff instructing users to do the following:

No Error Code found : Cannot Sign-in to Windows Live Messenger (Windows Live Solution Center)

Do steps 1, 2, 3.2 and 4. Should fix. If no luck, continue with 5, 6, 7, 8.

If still no luck, see How to perform Clean Installation of Windows Live Messenger.

This post was edited on 10-02-2010 at 07:41 AM by Chris4.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
10-02-2010 07:02 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Nyxem

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: WLM v14 and v15 big problem
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
A search for '80004002' on the Windows Live Solution Center shows the support staff instructing users to do the following:

No Error Code found : Cannot Sign-in to Windows Live Messenger (Windows Live Solution Center)

Do steps 1, 2, 3.2 and 4. Should fix. If no luck, continue with 5, 6, 7, 8.

If still no luck, see How to perform Clean Installation of Windows Live Messenger.

I've tried it,but after the installation process of WL Essentials was done,and the messenger showed up the error came up to.And again the same error.:(
10-02-2010 09:09 AM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
Try the clean installation method. (Y)
10-02-2010 03:28 PM
Nyxem

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: WLM v14 and v15 big problem
quote:
Try the clean installation method. (Y)
I've tried it...but noting :(
10-02-2010 05:15 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
People that usually say they've just "done it" usually haven't done it properly, so please try again.

Make sure you follow the instructions carefully, with every step I mentioned.

Are you sure you deleted the temporary files, cache, contacts folder and registry keys? Then restart your computer, checked Windows Update (update Windows Installer) and reinstalled Messenger?

99% it will fix your problem, because it removes everything related to WLM and installs them fresh, thus getting rid of most problems.

And with the first link... did you exit Messenger, delete contacts folder, check date & time, firewall, server certificate, then restart?

What error are you getting now?

You may want to consider repairing or reinstalling Windows .. or checking for errors.
10-02-2010 05:52 PM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
People that usually say they've just "done it" usually haven't done it properly, so please try again.
Incorrect. There are solutions that do not work on Microsoft's site. You call them up and they tell you the same thing or something totally different.
10-03-2010 07:00 AM
Nyxem

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: WLM v14 and v15 big problem
By deleting the folder,I never found the "Windows Live Contacts" folder,but I've deleted everything that contains "Windows Live..." in its name.Now I'm downloading TuneUp Utilities and I will let it to check my registry,maybe TuneUp finds something.
10-03-2010 07:15 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
quote:
Incorrect. There are solutions that do not work on Microsoft's site. You call them up and they tell you the same thing or something totally different.
Incorrect. Solutions on official sites have been tested and always work! That is: the problem is that not all solutions are fixes for the problems people described. The problem is often that people describe the problem in the wrong way, don't tell everything, or don't know that they are actually experiencing another problem or multiple problems.

Chris4 is also correct in stating that many times when people quickly reply with "done it, doesn't work", they actually didn't do everything or didn't do it correctly or didn't understood what to do (so they skipped some steps, etc).
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-03-2010 02:16 PM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
quote:
Incorrect. Solutions on official sites have been tested and always work! That is: the problem is that not all solutions are fixes for the problems people described. The problem is often that people describe the problem in the wrong way, don't tell everything, or don't know that they are actually experiencing another problem or multiple problems.

Chris4 is also correct in stating that many times when people quickly reply with "done it, doesn't work", they actually didn't do everything or didn't do it correctly or didn't understood what to do (so they skipped some steps, etc).
Whatever helps you sleep at night but Ive personally installed Windows Live Messenger on a PC have it sign in for a few hours 2 o 3 times (updating network drivers) and after the third it doesnt sign in anymore. I make a new user profile and it signs in ONLY on that profile.

I followed Microsoft steps, nothing.
10-03-2010 05:42 PM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: