What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » WLM v14 and v15 big problem

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
WLM v14 and v15 big problem
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: WLM v14 and v15 big problem
You didn't get what I was saying I think, and/or you don't seem to realize that many solutions are not 'fix-them-all' solutions but aimed at a specific and particular problem.

I'm sure you've followed some steps which will help with signin problems. But the matter of fact is that there are like hundred different sign-in problems, where many will require different solutions.

What you probably have followed is a solution for a most common sign-in problem, but obviously not your specific sign-in problem...  or it would have been fixed. Hence why you need to make a post on their Windows Live Solution Center so they can give you a proper solution for your problem or at least investigate what the real problem is. And while doing so, stating all the proper details in your post. Again something people often don't do*, and thus they get the wrong solution because the support people can only give you a solution based upon what you tell them.

Again, official solutions are always tested for the problems they are meant to fix. Nothing less, but certainly also nothing more. They will not be posted and made public if they weren't tested. Even legally they can not effort publicizing anything without double checking. Microsoft is extremely carefull with that.

* Just as you haven't said anything here about what steps you exactly followed, other than "I followed some steps and it doesn't work"

This post was edited on 10-03-2010 at 08:34 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-03-2010 06:13 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
You didn't get what I was saying I think, and/or you don't seem to realize that many solutions are not 'fix-them-all' solutions but aimed at a specific and particular problem.

I'm sure you've followed some steps which will help with signin problems. But the matter of fact is that there are like hundred different sign-in problems, where many will require different solutions.

What you probably have followed is a solution for a most common sign-in problem, but obviously not your specific sign-in problem...  or it would have been fixed. Hence why you need to make a post on their Windows Live Solution Center so they can give you a proper solution for your problem or at least investigate what the real problem is. And while doing so, stating all the proper details in your post. Again something people often don't do*, and thus they get the wrong solution because the support people can only give you a solution based upon what you tell them.

Again, official solutions are always tested for the problems they are meant to fix. Nothing less, but certainly also nothing more. They will not be posted and made public if they weren't tested. Even legally they can not effort publicizing anything without double checking. Microsoft is extremely carefull with that.

* Just as you haven't said anything here about what steps you exactly followed, other than "I followed some steps and it doesn't work"
I followed the steps given to fix the error code given to me.

IMO, that should be enough for any (especial the casual) user.
10-03-2010 08:38 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Which was obviously not the real or complete problem or it would have been fixed.
10-03-2010 09:42 PM
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
For one program a lot can go wrong, they have so many codes and things going wrong :P

Why can't MS make something that just works (A).
10-03-2010 11:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
BooMario

What's Heapning with the World?

36 / Male / Flag
Download msn E-fix, select all errors and apply, wait sometimes and your bug is fixed.
10-03-2010 11:56 PM
Nyxem

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: WLM v14 and v15 big problem
I've done it a second time,but this time I've made notes about my progres
"I couldn't find the WLC folder,but I've deleted the Microsoft>Messenger>Contacts   folder

The second and 4outh REG key worked  -the first and third don't
After the registry cleaning I've had a post blue screen boot,so I've to choose how to start Windows,I selected Normaly,after the boot,a error report showed up and I selected check for solutions online
".
That are the notes I've made.
And I've made an log in messenger and I've save it,if it can help you to resolve my problem I'll upload it.

btw.When I re-install WLM,after the process is done and messenger runs for the first time,my email is already tipped in.How comes it,that the PC remember it.
10-04-2010 08:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Nyxem

– / Male / Flag
I've done it once again,but nothing.I even deleted every f-kin' folder that contains "windows live" or "messenger " word in it. :@
10-05-2010 12:07 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
maybe you can try all the instructions here:
CookieRevised's reply to Windows Live Messenger BIG PROBLEM!
note: even if you have done certain steps like hundreds of times already, please perform them again, don't skip anything...

--

PS:
quote:
Originally posted by Nyxem
Now I'm downloading TuneUp Utilities and I will let it to check my registry,maybe TuneUp finds something.
I actually never recommend using tools like that unless you know _exactly_ what you're doing and _exactly_ what each and every registry key it wants to 'fix' does.

Using tools like that without the proper knowledge can cause more damage (and severe damage!) than it will fix...

quote:
After the registry cleaning I've had a post blue screen boot,so I've to choose how to start Windows
Exactly what I mean with the above... TuneUp Utilities very clearly damaged your Windows installation!!!

quote:
btw.When I re-install WLM,after the process is done and messenger runs for the first time,my email is already tipped in.How comes it,that the PC remember it.
Because such stuff is saved in your registry (unless you unticked the option "remember me" in the sign-in window of Messenger). Simply uninstalling Messenger will not remove that saved data.

This post was edited on 10-05-2010 at 07:16 PM by CookieRevised.
10-05-2010 07:14 PM
Nyxem

– / Male / Flag
I really don't know what I do wrong or what I skip,I do it step-by-step.I'm not a rookie in PC stuff,but I never had a problem like this.The only way,since the ppl form the official WL forum are not answering,is if one of you guys has time to do this via TeamViewer?
10-06-2010 08:39 PM
Nyxem

– / Male / Flag
bump...
10-10-2010 08:30 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version