What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [Released, v1.11] Agaeti [In Development, v0.1.2.2] Helper

Pages: (16): « First « 12 13 14 15 [ 16 ] Last »
[Released, v1.11] Agaeti [In Development, v0.1.2.2] Helper
Author: Message:
PC-Reviver
New Member
*


Posts: 6
Joined: Jul 2011
RE: [Released, v1.10] Agaeti
I got WLM 2011, finally. Also installed Live Plus and Agaeti.

There is a bug, I think.
Agaeti seems to be forcing a font on every text on WLM. Not only the font of the text of the buddylist, but also the stuff you type and send. Only people without Agaeti can see the true font, then.

Is there any way I can change this and see my own font?
08-04-2011 07:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner
*****

Avatar

Posts: 1842
Reputation: 30
28 / Male / Flag
Joined: May 2006
RE: [Released, v1.10] Agaeti
quote:
Originally posted by PC-Reviver
I got WLM 2011, finally. Also installed Live Plus and Agaeti.

There is a bug, I think.
Agaeti seems to be forcing a font on every text on WLM. Not only the font of the text of the buddylist, but also the stuff you type and send. Only people without Agaeti can see the true font, then.

Is there any way I can change this and see my own font?


I believe the font replacement only replaces those who are using the default font (Segoe UI). If you/your contact is not using Segoe UI, then it should appear as-is. Even if you are using Segoe UI and the skin replaces the font, your contact will see Segoe UI.

However, Messenger Plus! does have a feature that replaces your contacts' fonts into your pre-selected style, but that is a separate issue.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 5733 days, 23 hours, 1 second ago.



08-05-2011 10:37 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
PC-Reviver
New Member
*


Posts: 6
Joined: Jul 2011
RE: RE: [Released, v1.10] Agaeti
quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
quote:
Originally posted by PC-Reviver
I got WLM 2011, finally. Also installed Live Plus and Agaeti.

There is a bug, I think.
Agaeti seems to be forcing a font on every text on WLM. Not only the font of the text of the buddylist, but also the stuff you type and send. Only people without Agaeti can see the true font, then.

Is there any way I can change this and see my own font?


I believe the font replacement only replaces those who are using the default font (Segoe UI). If you/your contact is not using Segoe UI, then it should appear as-is. Even if you are using Segoe UI and the skin replaces the font, your contact will see Segoe UI.

However, Messenger Plus! does have a feature that replaces your contacts' fonts into your pre-selected style, but that is a separate issue.

That's true.

I have tried selecting and applying the other fonts, too, and that's how I found out that the font gets forced onto EVERYTHING but what the other person recieves.

The Fyxedsys font I selected could be recieved by my buddy, but I simply saw the font I selected in Agaeti, every time.

This post was edited on 08-05-2011 at 10:44 AM by PC-Reviver.
08-05-2011 10:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner
*****

Avatar

Posts: 1762
Reputation: 25
29 / Male / Flag
Joined: Jan 2008
O.P. RE: [Released, v1.10] Agaeti
quote:
Originally posted by PC-Reviver
The Fyxedsys font I selected could be recieved by my buddy, but I simply saw the font I selected in Agaeti, every time.
Strange, I always used the Ubuntu font in the options panel and Segoe UI for my conversation, and Segoe was still being the shown one, not Ubuntu.

Anyways, everything you change via anyone's skin options panel will only affect your side :)
[Image: Empty.png]
08-05-2011 08:12 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner
*****

Avatar

Posts: 1762
Reputation: 25
29 / Male / Flag
Joined: Jan 2008
O.P. RE: [Released, v1.10] Agaeti
Hi there.

As you may have noticed, Agaeti hasn't been updated for quite a while. In the meantime, Plus! got some nice updates and so did Windows Live Messenger, and the combination of both introduced some new minor problems. I'm working to fix them :)

While an update is not ready, you can try this: http://software.blessedguy.com/agaeti/helper/current

It's a simple program that lets you choose any JPEG or PNG image and make it your conversation window or contact list background. Remember to restart Messenger after clicking apply!

It's a new application and it is not signed or anything, your browser might thing it's a malicious program. Fear not, it's safe.
[Image: Empty.png]
03-12-2012 04:57 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
PC-Reviver
New Member
*


Posts: 6
Joined: Jul 2011
RE: RE: [Released, v1.10] Agaeti
quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
While an update is not ready, you can try this: http://software.blessedguy.com/agaeti/helper/current

That's interesting. What a fortunate timing!

I have recently restored my PC to it's original state, and reinstalled WLM 14 (the 2009 version). When thinking of a customization skin, I immediately remembered Agaeti. Ever since I've reinstalled, it doesn't seem to show any malfunctioning. Not even with the latest Live Plus (which I have also installed).

Though I like the option of having anything I'd like as my messenger background, I just like Blue (something something) more than anything!

However, I will definitely try out this software. Thanks!
03-12-2012 11:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner
*****

Avatar

Posts: 1762
Reputation: 25
29 / Male / Flag
Joined: Jan 2008
O.P. RE: [Released, v1.10] Agaeti [In Development, v0.1.2.2] Helper
Agaeti 1.11 released. See first post for download and changelog.
Agaeti Helper 0.1.2.2 released. See first post for download and changelog.

-------------

Agaeti now supports the new Plus! buttons, you'll need Agaeti Helper 0.1.2.2 or later and Agaeti 1.11 or later to toggle them, read first post for details.
[Image: Empty.png]
03-12-2012 05:18 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (16): « First « 12 13 14 15 [ 16 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »


Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread:

Forum Jump:

Forum Rules:
You cannot post new threads
You cannot post replies
You cannot post attachments
You can edit your posts
HTML is Off
myCode is On
Smilies are On
[img] Code is On