What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » help with drivers

help with drivers
Author: Message:
Liaamm123

O.P. help with drivers
Helo, i downloaded the new msn live sentials and i hate it so i uninstalled it and deleted everything on my computer to do with windows live including the drivers because when i install them they dont appear neither can i uninstall them please help!
11-03-2010 04:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: help with drivers
Hi Liaamm123,

What drivers did you uninstall?

You only needed to go to Windows Live Essentials in the Programs list and choose to uninstall Messenger.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
11-03-2010 05:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Liaamm123

O.P. RE: RE: help with drivers
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Hi Liaamm123,

What drivers did you uninstall?

You only needed to go to Windows Live Essentials in the Programs list and choose to uninstall Messenger.

im not sure i think all of them. and thats the problem it isnt showing up in the program list
11-03-2010 05:50 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Liaamm123
im not sure i think all of them. and thats the problem it isnt showing up in the program list
Because there are none?

AFAIK there are no drivers to begin with, so Chris4 probably wants to know what you exactly mean with "all of the drivers". What exact 'drivers'? What are the names of those 'drivers'?

Drivers are little programs which make it possible for programs to interact with hardware components. Drivers are not programs like Messenger etc.

If you uninstall Windows Live Essentials everything related to the Windows Live Essentials should be uninstalled.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-03-2010 11:31 PM
Liaamm123

O.P. RE: help with drivers
oh right i just thought that was my problem basicly i had window live essentials 2011 and i uninstalled it to an older version but it didnt remove completely so i deleted the windows live folder from program files and scince then its been giving me errors like wld.dll is missing that wasnt the name of the file but it was something like that so i took the windoes live folder of my laptop and put it into the program files npw its giving me the error code '80040154'.
11-06-2010 12:56 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Liaamm123
so i took the windoes live folder of my laptop and put it into the program files npw its giving me the error code '80040154'.
Not sure what you mean by that, but you shouldn't mess around with program files if you don't know what you're doing, otherwise you'll cause more problems.

Just remove Messenger, restart your computer, then install it again. It should fix your errors. If not, do a clean install.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
11-07-2010 06:41 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: