What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Newbie.. Need help with Video Chat..PLEASE..

Newbie.. Need help with Video Chat..PLEASE..
Author: Message:
Cairns

O.P. Newbie.. Need help with Video Chat..PLEASE..
For some reason, I cannot communicate using webcam/ video chat with my mother? She has a netbook with a webcam and I have a dell inspiron laptop with a webcam.. She is running xp (she can also run win7 if she wants too) when she sends me an invite it says I need to accept. First off I never get the invite. However on my live messenger I don't even get the option of video chat, video call.. anything that involves video.. however it will allow me to send a short 30sec video message, but it is without volume/audio. but when I play around with my webcam and record video and audio it allows me.. I do have a headset should I use that? both our PCs are new this year..
12-27-2010 03:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Newbie.. Need help with Video Chat..PLEASE..
First, make sure you both are using the 'Video Call' feature, not the 'Webcam chat' feature.

This because the webcam feature has been removed from the latest version of Messenger. And if you happen to use the webcam feature , the contact will not recieve any invitation eventhough it seems so from your side (if you're using an older version of Messenger).

Second, it also sounds that both your webcams aren't configured completely properly in Messenger.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-27-2010 08:51 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Cairns

O.P. RE: RE: Newbie.. Need help with Video Chat..PLEASE..
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
First, make sure you both are using the 'Video Call' feature, not the 'Webcam chat' feature.

This because the webcam feature has been removed from the latest version of Messenger. And if you happen to use the webcam feature , the contact will not recieve any invitation eventhough it seems so from your side (if you're using an older version of Messenger).

Second, it also sounds that both your webcams aren't configured completely properly in Messenger.

Thank you, however my live screen doesn't even have a choice for video call.. I am not sure if I am doing this right.. it is so frustrating.. my windows messenger doesn't even have the options as I have seen on the microsoft site.. it says it actions adn tools.. I don't have that option.. How come I do not have this option.. its like messenger doesn't even have video call
12-27-2010 09:35 PM
6Maverick6

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Newbie.. Need help with Video Chat..PLEASE..
What versions of WLM in play here i had the same problem and it was because my msn was old.
12-27-2010 11:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Cairns

O.P. RE: RE: Newbie.. Need help with Video Chat..PLEASE..
quote:
Originally posted by 6Maverick6
What versions of WLM in play here i had the same problem and it was because my msn was old.

I downloaded the Windows Essentials earlier this month, so I assume the most recent, same with my mom..  off the the website...

Please anymore suggestions...
12-27-2010 11:39 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: