What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » Croatian translation

Croatian translation
Author: Message:
Clam-

Ruins Of Chaos rox

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Croatian translation
Well, person who was previously translating this to Croatian language actually doesn't even speak English, but he was using Google Translate, which is not doing a very good job at translating (I'm not saying here Google Translator sucks or something, it's awesome, but should never be used to make official translations).

I will read that thread regarding translation guidelines, but I still have two questions, if you or anybody else could answer me.

1) Could I use both English translation files, instead of that very bad Croatian one? It's confusing the hell out of me with weird expressions and phrases, lol.

2) Someone mentioned that it's not possible to see Croatian language included in the original setup file, due to not many Croats using Messenger. I have to completely disagree and protest, due to the following reasons:
- Estonia has it's own translator and they have population smaller for nearly 3 million
- I know country population means nothing, since there could be 95% of Estonians who are using MsgPlus! and only 10% Croats, but that's wrong again; I've got more than 700 Croatian friends on several Messenger accounts and those are only people who live near me; what I'm trying to say is that I can assure you that there are far far more Croats who are using Messanger & MsgPlus! (hell, on old MSN version every other friend of mine had colors in their names and all the silly scripts) than there are Estonians, and for that reason, I think it should be included in the original setup file, IF it would match the criteria to be added to that list

NB. I'm not here to argue with someone, be a racist, hurt anyone's feelings etc, but I'm just stating the facts, which I have far more, but I will not use them before I see if I'm capable of translating the whole MsgPlus! to Croatian and before I make thread for Croatian language

Furthermore, I see there hasn't been any activity since 2009. in other 'Croatian' thread, so will it be locked any time soon, so once I get on with translating, I could open a brand new one, with real translation & conversation going?

Regards,
Tomislav
02-09-2011 03:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Croatian translation - by Clam- on 02-09-2011 at 02:27 PM
RE: Croatian translation - by Menthix on 02-09-2011 at 02:43 PM
RE: Croatian translation - by Clam- on 02-09-2011 at 02:46 PM
RE: RE: Croatian translation - by ZrednaZ on 02-09-2011 at 03:32 PM
RE: Croatian translation - by Menthix on 02-09-2011 at 02:54 PM
RE: Croatian translation - by Clam- on 02-09-2011 at 03:04 PM