What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Buddyfuse/Google talk/Windows live Messenger/Messenger Plus Event Viewer Problem

Buddyfuse/Google talk/Windows live Messenger/Messenger Plus Event Viewer Problem
Author: Message:
vicb2000

O.P. Buddyfuse/Google talk/Windows live Messenger/Messenger Plus Event Viewer Problem
Hello, I am using Buddyfuse to add Google Talk to my Windows Live Messenger and I can see all of my contacts from Google Talk on my Windows Live Messenger, however, when I check my "Event Viewer"in Messenger Plus, I get no activity from my Google Talk contacts, I just get activity from my regular Windows Live Messenger contacts.  I am using Windows XP... Any help will be greatly appreciated.
03-26-2011 02:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Arcticwolfx

Identity Unknown

112 / Female / Flag
RE: Buddyfuse/Google talk/Windows live Messenger/Messenger Plus Event Viewer Problem
Hi vicb2000,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask for help regarding Buddyfuse. Messenger Plus! and BuddyFuse are two separate programs which aren't made to work together. Without being certain about this, I have a feeling that that is the main cause of issue.

Perhaps someone else has more experience or is willing to devote time in figuring out a compatibility method.

I see you've posted this same question on the BuddyFuse forum as well, two months ago.

I would say that this would fit more along the lines of a "Feature request."

This post was edited on 03-26-2011 at 03:09 AM by Arcticwolfx.
03-26-2011 03:02 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Buddyfuse/Google talk/Windows live Messenger/Messenger Plus Event Viewer Problem
Due to the nature of messenger plus, it is not possible for it to grab information from buddyfuse without it being explicitly coded to do so. Considering the fact that these are two completely seperate companies and programs, it does make sense that this is not the case.

The issue is that Plus! isn't grabbing the information because it is not aware it even exists. I don't think this is going to be "fixed" (i.e. coded).

This post was edited on 03-26-2011 at 07:06 PM by Lou.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
03-26-2011 12:16 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
vicb2000

O.P. RE: Buddyfuse/Google talk/Windows live Messenger/Messenger Plus Event Viewer Problem
Follow-up!

I just checked my "Event Viewer" in MESSENGER PLUS! and was pleasantly suprised that it now shows the activity for the Google Talk contacts sent to Windows Live Messenger by BuddyFuse.

I want to thank everyone concerned in making this happen.... (SPECIAL THANKS TO THE TEAM AT MESSENGER PLUS!) ....lots of people will benefit from this feature. :-) (Y)(Y)
04-06-2011 05:28 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
There has nothing been changed since your first post.
The latest Plus! update is from March 8th.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-06-2011 06:48 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: