What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services

[URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services
Discussing better ways was not the point of my post Chrono.
Nor have I said something in the line of "that is all they can do" or "there are no better ways". So, please don't pull my post out of context.

The point of my post was to set things strait in a polite and above all objective way without starting new (off topic) discussions and flames about who said what and why. To (once again) bring them (especially Hank) to their attention that Yuna actually did do everything 'by the book', aka like we are used to from the past. That is: they did exactly what Patchou has done in the past when an outage was expected and as such there is no reason to crap-talk in the way they did (yes, that is what it was) about how they fucked up again. Because Yuna did not fucked it up (this time).

If they wanted to discuss in a constructive way how such crucial info could be communicated even better, like for example you or Lou did, then I'm all for it and I will even gladly agree with that. However, what has been said prior to my first post here (especially by Hank) is not much more than the usual crap-talk and/or twisting the facts around, aka conveniently forgetting how things have been done in the past, just so they can bash on Yuna again just because it is Yuna.

So, with the good risk of starting huge discussions again, because that is apparently what some want, let me illustrate and explain in detail in a not so polite manner because apparently my previous reply wasn't sufficient:
quote:
Originally posted by Hank
good reason never to use online logging
Having an maintenance outage is NO reason at all to NOT use a service. In fact, maintenance for online services is crucial and a short outage because of that is, although very inconvenient, nothing abnormal either. This goes for ANY online service.
So, the reason for your statement: crap-talk because you saw the oppertunity.

quote:
Originally posted by matty
I certainly feel sorry for those users who do not visit the forums, don't know about this outage and also only have Online Logging enabled... say bye bye chat logs...
not crap-talk at all, but also doesn't completely paint the proper picture because that announcement was not just posted only on the forums. As for loosing the logs: they wont loose anything AFAIK. A message box is shown to the user with the choice to save their logs locally if they can't be uploaded. Although, imho, that whole system with that message box and how the logs are handled in that case could use some huge improvements too.

quote:
i dont think you'll find a lot will use online chat logging as its a Privacy problem and people tend to stay away from that
1) You do not have any data nor any idea on how many people use the online logging system.
2) The "privacy problem" you're talking about is a whole other discussion which hasn't got anything to do with the current outage announcement topic. On top of that, there is no real privacy problem if compared with all the other existing cloud services which provide similar functionality.
So this statement has again everything todo with simply taking the oppertunity to bad-mouth just because it is Yuna and nothing more.

quote:
by rights they should of put the info on there page a few days earlier
quote:
Originally posted by CyberMew
And this should really be at the front news page instead of a dark corner here.
Both forget the fact that they did put it on "their page"/"news page" a "few days earlier".

----------------

So, again, my previous post was to set things strait from the misinformation and to go against the very obvious bad-mouthing from Hank, not to discuss additional methods to inform users of an outage.

This post was edited on 04-30-2011 at 11:07 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-30-2011 06:27 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
[URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by mich999 on 04-26-2011 at 08:01 PM
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by Chrono on 04-26-2011 at 09:35 PM
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by Nagamasa on 04-26-2011 at 09:38 PM
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by matty on 04-26-2011 at 09:43 PM
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by Hank on 04-27-2011 at 07:26 AM
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by mich999 on 04-27-2011 at 01:54 PM
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by matty on 04-27-2011 at 02:39 PM
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by Hank on 04-27-2011 at 10:38 PM
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by mich999 on 04-28-2011 at 08:44 PM
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by prashker on 04-29-2011 at 01:08 AM
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by Hank on 04-29-2011 at 02:06 AM
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by CyberMew on 04-29-2011 at 06:37 AM
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by CookieRevised on 04-29-2011 at 12:05 PM
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by Hank on 04-29-2011 at 11:06 PM
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by Lou on 04-30-2011 at 03:50 AM
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by Chrono on 04-30-2011 at 04:14 AM
RE: RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by CookieRevised on 04-30-2011 at 07:10 AM
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by CookieRevised on 04-30-2011 at 06:27 AM
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by Nagamasa on 04-30-2011 at 02:14 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: