What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services

[URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services
quote:
Originally posted by Hank
should of been in Huge Headline on the frontpage Cooks, not on the news section.
I wont argue about a frontpage headline though (would be very good), but it also should be on the news section with more info nevertheless (like they did).

quote:
Originally posted by Lou
As far as I know, it's possible to push advertisements of contests and such through the plugin, through messenger. This kind of information should also be pushed that way; not everyone visits the website regularly. Posting here, although you did post on the website, is certainly not sufficient. PR 101.
I like that idea.
However, AFAIK the contest advertisements and other such things are never 'pushed' on the user's screen automatically. That is: the user needs to click on an icon and/or activate such things themselfs.

So, even if they did use the existing ways, people would still miss it if they don't look for the information themselfs. And who is going to think to click on a game or an ad icon to check for such anouncements? In all likelyhood I think a user will go to a site quicker (or forums and ask for help) than to think of clicking on an unrelated icon to check if anything is out of the ordinary.

This said, if something could be build into Plus! to push such messages in the user's face (so to speak), that would be very nice indeed. However, I'm sure some people would complain about that too though. :p

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
As if anyone checked the news page :P i dunno, there must be a better way to let users know, it's not like you check the site every single day :p Maybe a toast of some sort, or maybe they can think of something better, but it certainly should not involve the user having to find the info by themselves.
No, of course you don't check the site every day, but it would also be not uncommon to check a site when something is out of the ordinary, no?

But yeah, a toast would be nice I guess. At least if it would stay visible until you click it. Though, a simple message box might do as well in that case. Or as Lou suggests between the lines: a dedicated window for stuff like that (so that much more info can be given than in the space of a toast and so that a clickable link to maybe a forum can be given too).

This post was edited on 04-30-2011 at 11:06 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-30-2011 07:10 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
[URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by mich999 on 04-26-2011 at 08:01 PM
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by Chrono on 04-26-2011 at 09:35 PM
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by Nagamasa on 04-26-2011 at 09:38 PM
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by matty on 04-26-2011 at 09:43 PM
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by Hank on 04-27-2011 at 07:26 AM
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by mich999 on 04-27-2011 at 01:54 PM
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by matty on 04-27-2011 at 02:39 PM
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by Hank on 04-27-2011 at 10:38 PM
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by mich999 on 04-28-2011 at 08:44 PM
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by prashker on 04-29-2011 at 01:08 AM
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by Hank on 04-29-2011 at 02:06 AM
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by CyberMew on 04-29-2011 at 06:37 AM
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by CookieRevised on 04-29-2011 at 12:05 PM
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by Hank on 04-29-2011 at 11:06 PM
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by Lou on 04-30-2011 at 03:50 AM
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by Chrono on 04-30-2011 at 04:14 AM
RE: RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by CookieRevised on 04-30-2011 at 07:10 AM
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by CookieRevised on 04-30-2011 at 06:27 AM
RE: [URGENT] Temporary interruption of My Plus! Services - by Nagamasa on 04-30-2011 at 02:14 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: