What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Glitch since last update

Glitch since last update
Author: Message:
Cyaneyed

O.P. Glitch since last update
I updated Plus yesterday when prompted. I am using the latest version of Live messenger.

When people change their status (offline, online, busy, away, idle etc), that text becomes stuck at the bottom of the screen. When someone is typing, the little '...' comes up, but it will still say 'xyz has changed their status to 123' instead of 'xyz is writing'. You still see the '...' so it's not too inconvenient but it is a bit irksome. Has anyone else had this issue?
05-27-2011 08:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Glitch since last update
It's been a known problem for a while. If I remember rightly there was a post somewhere saying it would be fixed in the next build (Can't find it doing a quick search though)
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
05-27-2011 10:22 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
According to totonf (one of the developers) at http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=97626 , a new version with this bug fixed should be out "in a couple weeks"

05-27-2011 10:23 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Cyaneyed

O.P. RE: Glitch since last update
Ahh I see. I assumed it was a new problem because I only got asked to update yesterday, and the problem wasnt there beforehand. Glad to see there's a fix coming.
05-27-2011 10:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Cyaneyed
Ahh I see. I assumed it was a new problem because I only got asked to update yesterday, and the problem wasnt there beforehand. Glad to see there's a fix coming.

Just so you know, automatic updates are usually deferred for around a week or two so as not to overload the server. They can be manually updated from the server before this however. It may also have been reported by beta testers before it was made available to the general public
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
05-27-2011 10:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: