What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » help with error code 80072efd

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
help with error code 80072efd
Author: Message:
jamie625

RE: help with error code 80072efd
okay i had this problem couple times now and this is what i did :) i reverted back to the old msn 7.0 http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Famil...-9904-9505f47bed45
thats where you can get the old msn..

then i signed onto the internet messenger here
http://webmessenger.msn.com/default.aspx?R=1
at the very top you will see where it says to download msn well click there it will then seek out all of your msn settings and fully update :) i hope this works for yous as it did me cause omfg i was freaking with no msn :P
11-30-2007 04:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
missh

hi there please can someone help me i cant seem to saty logged on to msn i can sign in fine then it just chucks me off i have done all i have tried like unistalling my norton protection and re installing it, uncheckin boxes, and testing my connection, and even to the exteme of restoring my laptop to its original factory settings this is driving me mad and i am lost without it !!! when i test my connection this error code appears please can someone help me !!!!!
04-23-2009 08:59 AM
skitttles217

it worked with me all i did was change the resolution to the very right and it just started working

oh i use vista basic
04-24-2009 04:16 AM
missh

thanx for ur reply please can u tell me exactly how to change the resolution ? cant seem to find it i have tried so many things now maybe i cant see the wood thro the trees thanx
04-24-2009 06:08 AM
Hunty93

CHeck your firewall has not blocked access. I had same problem and when I checked my firewall there was a windows program being blocked and when I unblocked it it worked.
05-26-2009 03:37 PM
SpaceJet

I had so much trouble with error code 80072efd. It kept saying it couldn't load my contact list or something.
Seriously, check your firewall. I have Virgin Broadband PCguard and it was blocking some 'Windows' programs. (Windows Live Communications Platform, Window's Live installer-though i doubt that had anything to do with it)
Enabling them to pass through the firewall immediately fixed my problem.
I don't know why my firewall started blocking Window's programs all of a sudden though, how veery annoying. :|

hope this helped some people. :)

This post was edited on 06-14-2009 at 09:23 PM by SpaceJet.
06-14-2009 09:21 PM
daprocop

right click the Command Prompt shortcut in the Program list and select Run As Administrator.

2) To display the current proxy setting of Windows Update, execute this command:

netsh winhttp show proxy

3) If the proxy server is shown in the “show proxy” result, then execute this command to disable the Windows Update proxy setting:

netsh winhttp reset proxy

This worked for me
09-20-2009 04:19 AM
MaximGorki

There are several instances wherein you will get the error code 80072efd. One instance would be while checking for updates of the version of Windows in your computer. The cause might be a high number of update requests on the Windows update servers. To solve this issue, it is recommended that you close windows update for a while and wait for around 10 to 15 minutes and then run Windows update again. You can also wait for Windows update to run at its next scheduled time.

If, however, you continue to receive this error, it might mean that a program running on your computer is preventing Windows Update Services from accessing the internet. Example of programs that might do this includes firewalls, anti-spyware software, web accelerators, Internet security or antivirus programs and proxy servers. To correct the problem, you might need to add the Windows Update website addresses to the blocking program's exceptions or "allow" lists. Also, you can try to allow Windows Update SErvice to connect to the internet through port 80 and port 443.

If the problem persists after you have added the Windows Update websites to your firewall's exception list, check with Micorsoft Help Support center for additional troubleshooting steps.

Second instance when error code 80072efd occurs, is when you are trying to sign into Windows Live messenger. There are several possible network issues that may cause the problem. Also, this problem occurs because one of these conditions are true:
a. A firewall is blocking connectivity of Messenger to the internet;
b. Security libraries are corrupted;
c. Proxy settings are incorrect;
d. Spyware is blocking connection to the Messenger service.

There are several troubleshooting steps to be followed to resolve the error code 80072efd. First and foremost, verify that you can connect to the Internet before starting the troubleshooting steps. To verify that there is internet connection, it is advisable to surf to at least 3 different websites that you do not normally go to. If successful, then proceed with the troubleshooting steps listed.

1. Verify that you have the latest updates installed by visiting the Windows Update website. Also, verify if the computer requires updates and install updates if necessary. Restart the computer after updates are finished.

2. Verify that the firewall has enabled Windows Live Messenger. If the firewall was disabled previously, it may still be blocking Messenger. Try to restart the firewall. After the firewall software is running, follow step 1 again. Also, try removing the firewall program that is installed to verify that it is not causing a problem even if it is disabled. If, however, you are not sure which firewalls are installed, click Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel and scroll through the list of installed programs to verify.

3. Clear the Domain Name System (DNS) Cache. To do so, click Start and launch the command prompt. At the command prompt, type ipconfig/flushdns then press enter. Kastly, type exit and press enter to close the command window.

4. Lastly, clear the proxy settings in Windows Live Messenger to establish a direct connection to the Messenger service.

08-18-2011 11:42 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: