Originally posted by Chancer
I used the auto-update feature. Perhaps if I download on the site it might work.
Auto-update always lacks behind (this is by design - to spread server load).
The stuff talked about on the main website is always from the latest build (at this moment this is 5.11.759
). So if you want to have the latest version _now_, you need to manually download and install it.
After installing you should see this in the language selection preferences dialog in Plus!:
again note: this isn't available (yet) in the setup itself though.
Since the first initial release (on februari 7th), Yuna has updated the setup, and again today (februari 19th).
But they somehow screwed up.
1) They included the 'Plus! for Skype' language libraries (SkLanguages.rar) and various other 'Plus! for Skype' related libraries (Addon-SkPlusBinaries.rar, Shared-SkPlusBinaries.rar, Addon-SkExtraFiles.rar) for some reason. That's 13MB of useless downloads.
2) But more importantly for this issue: the Portuguese Brazilian translation file
(Lng_PortugueseBrazilian.ini), found in the language library (Languages.rar), is not installed with this new setup.
A clear case of mixing up the latest libraries and code with older and newer files and such I think.... (and since new setups are never send to beta testers first, such screwups are not detected before the public gets their hands on it).
If you want to install the Portuguese Brazilian translation manually:
PS: as such, I've also requested that this issue is split out in its own bug report thread - thanks Menthix
- Run the Plus! setup and let it install, but do not close the setup when it finishes!
- Go to your Windows temporary folder (eg: C:\Windows\Temp) and search for a submap named "msgpl_XXXX.tmp" where XXXX is a hexadecimal number.
There are two of such maps, find the one which contains the most files.
- In that map you've found in step 2, find the file "Languages.rar".
This is a RAR archive which you can open using WinRar or similar archive program.
- From that archive, extract the file "Lng_PortugueseBrazilian.ini" to your Plus! languages map (eg: C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus!\Languages)
- Close the Plus! setup and open Windows Live Messenger