What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Essentials Public Beta release

Pages: (31): « First « 7 8 9 10 [ 11 ] 12 13 14 15 » Last »
Essentials Public Beta release
Author: Message:
Emanueljoab

– / Male / Flag
RE: Essentials Public Beta release
Will be released a compatible Plus! for WLM 2010 Beta?
06-25-2010 06:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Emanueljoab
Will be released a compatible Plus! for WLM 2010 Beta?
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
I'm sure that Patchou is working on a compatible version as we speak to give as much added functionality as he can, before continuing the development of Messenger Plus! Live 5.  It could take a few weeks though, remember it's been out under 24 hours and unless he's had a private beta to work on then it could take a bit of time.  Just be patient

And with a new beta comes a new cycle of people asking wether there will or not be a compatible Messenger Plus!.
Won't anyone write a sticky for that? :P
[Image: Empty.png]
06-25-2010 06:24 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
Just curious, did anyone see huge ads as we saw in screenshots of the older builds? If so, which country are you in?

[Image: Live-Messenger-2011-Huge-vs-Regular-Ads.png]

Heard of one case where someone actually saw the insane ad size in the public beta (15.3.2804.607). Would be extremely annoying if they are still planning to actually use those. I know, ad hiding, but do they really want to scare users away?
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
06-25-2010 06:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
Just curious, did anyone see huge ads as we saw in screenshots of the older builds?
Nope, just common ad in both modes
[Image: 5182e8c1b5ca04ecb8845c3ff12f1cea.png]
[Image: c3621938cc7619af40dc547f4280d113.png]
06-25-2010 06:59 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
Couple problems I'm experiencing...

#1. It appears you can't talk to contacts when you're appearing offline, though they can talk to you.

If it's true that the block feature has been replaced by 'appear offline to', not very good if the 'blocked' contact can still talk to you. Bug?

#2. I've connected my Windows Live account to Facebook and YouTube, however no updates from either are showing in Highlights, Recent, Photos, etc.

quote:
Just curious, did anyone see huge ads as we saw in screenshots of the older builds? If so, which country are you in?
No sign of them here in UK.

This post was edited on 06-25-2010 at 07:05 PM by Chris4.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
06-25-2010 06:59 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
It appears you can't talk to contacts when you're appearing offline, though they can talk to you.
Yep, but they warn you when "you hit the limit of offline messages",  it already existed in WLM2009, but this time this limit seems to be pretty smaller :(
quote:
If it's true that the block feature has been replaced by 'appear offline to', not very good if the 'blocked' contact can still talk to you. Bug?
Well, when I appear as offline I can't send nor receive messages from that person, as in block.
06-25-2010 07:04 PM
Kafman

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
I wouldn't read into that too much. It is the generic Windows Live footer, same as on http://home.live.com/ for example.
I mean, if you click that, it will redirect to http://advertising.microsoft.com which is the site where you can choose in what windows live product you want to advertise :)
[Image: sig.png]
06-25-2010 07:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
#1. It appears you can't talk to contacts when you're appearing offline, though they can talk to you.

Been wondering about that too. The (weird) way offline messaging is handled does seem to be intended to replace block (the real block function isn't there anymore). But if people can still talk to you when you appear offline to them, how to make people STFU without deleting them immediately?

I don't see any advantage in the new approach compared to how it used to work. Selectively appearing offline to people is nice... but why would you have to appear online to someone before you can message them? Even when you're sending an offline message to someone who isn't signed in to Messenger at all you will have to appear online to that person first. It's like appearing online to a brick wall.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
06-25-2010 07:23 PM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
But if people can still talk to you when you appear offline to them, how to make people STFU without deleting them immediately?
How does it work there? :S
Here appearing offline to someone works exactly as blocking.
[Image: 7809cef9396470e78abec19e2505214e.png]
Reads: "It is not possible to send messages to your friends if you're appearing offline to them.  Online for [person] | Online for all"
06-25-2010 07:28 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
"It is not possible to send messages to your friends if you're appearing offline to them.  Online for [person] | Online for all"
But what about receiving messages from people to which you are appearing offline?

EDIT: WTF, you're right, you won't receive any messages from people to which you are appearing offline. That makes signing is as "appear offline" completely useless :s. Then why the hell are they not just calling it block and aren't they just getting rid of appear offline as status completely, because it now is completely crippled anyway?

This post was edited on 06-25-2010 at 07:39 PM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
06-25-2010 07:32 PM
Pages: (31): « First « 7 8 9 10 [ 11 ] 12 13 14 15 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: