What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Newssites, news, rumors, (mis)information, etc... etc...

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Newssites, news, rumors, (mis)information, etc... etc...
Author: Message:
Jeronimo

Which one is the monkey?

42 / – / –
RE: Newssites, news, rumors, (mis)information, etc... etc...
I am going to agree with Cookie. For example, I know of at least 1 site that confirmed that animated display pictures were going to be included in MSN 6.2, to the point that they gave instructions on how to do it. Now that this has turned out to be false, we got a thread on here complaining that Messenger has taken a step backwards. Er... to be honest, it hasn't taken a step anywhere to begin with!!

And it always gets me that people complain so much about something that is provided for free, even tho it is not free to develop/maintain. Folks - Messenger is free, lets not all complain when something that is rumoured to be included isn't included just because you thought the rumour was true. :undecided:
04-07-2004 11:44 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
PowerPlus is just another addon, just like Plus! is. It hooks into and needs MSN Messenger just like Plus!. MS has nothing todo with it.
That's what i was thinking too, but i'm not sure anymore. Take a look at the official Korean Messenger site: http://messenger.msn.co.kr/

I can't read Korean, but i think it's highly un-usual for Microsoft to promote and even include a plugin in their own software (looks like it in that screenshot) while it would no be ther own plugin.
Also the PowerPlus site looks very much like a Microsoft site, i don't think they would have linked to it if it was a non-Microsoft related site stealing the Microsoft style ( http://www.msnplus.co.kr/ ).

quote:
Copyright ⓒ since 1999-2004 Wisepost Corp. All rights reserved.
Hmmm, not done by Microsoft itself, but they to seem to get along with eachother very well :o.

This post was edited on 04-07-2004 at 06:47 PM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
04-07-2004 06:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
true, and with MS sueing everyone who has a domain looking very much like the ones from MS it's surprising this domain would be able to stay. Perhaps it's just a product of the Koreon MSN team :).
04-07-2004 06:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
kingboy

Prepare To Be Noobafied!

33 / Male / –
all of you are right. I mean, allmost everyday, i read stuff on news sites, and i think most of it is true, but then, a week later, i find out that it was "incorect" or something like that!

also, with the chain letters and things that go around msn, i hate those things. i recived one about an e mail address, where if you add it, you get a virus! like come on! some people just dont look things over and consider :   can this happen?   or cant it?   i get these things all the time, and its sooo annoying!

I even sent a letter to all my contacts saying that these chain letters, ect. are all fake! and belive me....it helped:)   i havnt got one in a while:P
[Image: Signiture.jpg]
04-07-2004 07:05 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Newssites, news, rumors, (mis)information, etc... etc...
It seemed that both MenthiX and I came to the same conclussion at the same time :D, read more about PowerPlus here: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=23426 as this is actually off-topic here and was just an example of how things got out of hand (the display pictures). I've added a small bit to make it more correct...

The only thing changed is that MS recommends PowerPlus, nothing more.

btw, this doesn't change a bit about my view about the topic!!!

This post was edited on 04-07-2004 at 07:19 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-07-2004 07:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
Its terrible how they do this. If its just speculation, tell us that, dontsay its 100% pukka! :P

(Cookie, i know this is off-topic, but i wanted to sat tar very much for helping us with PowerPlus ;))
04-07-2004 10:02 PM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Hmmm, not done by Microsoft itself, but they to seem to get along with eachother very well :o.
Hmm... :dodgy:

Click here and check that search result... the site seems down, so you may have to use the cached version. :p
04-08-2004 04:49 AM
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
I'm not gonna pay for it if they release it here :dodgy:
04-08-2004 09:33 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: