What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » When Is The Next Version Released?

Pages: (7): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] Last »
When Is The Next Version Released?
Author: Message:
Bradl3y

RE: RE: When Is The Next Version Released?
quote:
Originally posted by roadman2
he said he was at 2/3 in 4 days a fey days ago that means he is almost done wy keep us waiting or is this so hard for even him ?

He is doing much more then just making in Messenger 7 Compat... he is adding new features, patience, he doesn't get paid to do this so in 3 days he might get very little done if he didn't feel like working on it much, or he could ahve been working for hours on end just to get some things back up and running that are just part of Plus. It takes time because I'm sure he has to rewrite a lot of code with the big 7.0 upgrade.

He said the hardest parts are mostly done though, so hes just probably gotta get all the little stuff up and running and get his new features added and we will be good to go :)
10-10-2004 04:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: When Is The Next Version Released?
Please be patient. It's currently 1:20 pm where Patchou lives, so he has over 10 hours to put it online :)
10-10-2004 06:20 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Bradl3y

whats the big deal its jsut a bigfix aint it? or am i mstaken?
10-10-2004 06:22 PM
Viper6

*sigh*

been waiting the whole day :(
now its time to sleep
4.45 am and i have university at 7am! great.... lol
10-10-2004 06:45 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: When Is The Next Version Released?
hey stop complaining guys as far as im concerned its 20:25 here in united kingdom im going to bed in 2-3 hours if patchou hasnt put the update up by then i wont get to download it until tomorrow i got work experience tomorrow so have to leave here by 9am to catch the bus so i might not even get to download the new version until this time tomorrow. you guys are lucky well some of you anyways in usa its still ur afternoon so youll get it today.
10-10-2004 07:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
lol ur a very devoted member
10-10-2004 07:28 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
yes i sure am i always like new versions of software as every new version of any piece of software has gotta be better than before. dont even go there i know what your all thinking. me is the only exception to that rule it was the biggest waste of time ever written. however most software new versions are significantly better than there predacessors and from what ive seen messenger plus is no exception patchou is a dedicated individual i honor and respect him or her whichever they are for their hard work in providing us all with such magnificent software. i no in theory patchou doesnt get paid for this but in a way he does he gets money from wattever hes store on this site sells plus he has a donation button so in a way he can make money from this. if i had the money to spend theres plenty of stuff in the store id buy. i love the mug the tshirts the hats the stein id buy most of the stores merchandise if i could afford it and one day ill do just that.
10-10-2004 07:44 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by roadman2
he said he was at 2/3 in 4 days a fey days ago that means he is almost done wy keep us waiting or is this so hard for even him ?
Can everyone please just give patchou a break, don't you think its hard enough for him other than having n00bs having a go because they think its installed what they think is spyware on the pc and its not their faults, it is their fault! And now they have people on the forum just being impatient and sarcastic about his work, its quite annoying and frustrating for me too look at, imagine how patchou feels!

quote:
Originally posted by Bradl3y
whats the big deal its jsut a bigfix aint it? or am i mstaken?

Nope, he's also editing the installer testing a few different versions of the 'sponsor agreement' page,  so to see which one is the best, most user friendly and has the best interface all in one..

:p

IMO thats not just bug fixes, this is major editing, with the installer, what he's doing with the extension is well yea, making bug fixes, its possible that a few features may be added, but i'm not quite sure at the moment.
10-10-2004 07:50 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Wo.. you guysreally like to speculate on nothing :). As I said before, version 3.21 is absolutely not compatible with Messeger 7. The only thing I've added in Messenger 7 is auto-update capabilities so that people will get auto-updatenotifications if they install Messenger 7 before I release a compatible vesion of Plus!.

As for the version numbering, I'm notsurethat naming the next majorversio 4.00 would be fair.. I mean, changes between version 1, 2 and 3 were major and very visible, I don't think it's worth doign the same thing already as vesion 3.00 was released not so long ago. It will probably be aversion 3.50 or something..anyway, these are just numbers you know I coudl do like some other deveoeprs and increase the majorversion number every thre month, it wouldn't make the software any different.

I'm currently testing version 3.21.104, I'll probably release it in anhour or so.
[Image: signature2.gif]
10-10-2004 08:01 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
ok cool thanks patchou
10-10-2004 09:10 PM
Pages: (7): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: