What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin

Pages: (15): « First « 11 12 13 14 [ 15 ] Last »
1 votes - 5 average   MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin
Author: Message:
Trevor Saller

[R]obot

34 / Male / –
RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin
What a great plugin!

I'm always listening to music on my computer and i always find myself wanting to change my name to the song i'm listening to.  With this plugin, all i have to do is configure it to Trevor is listening to: %artist - "%title" and i've done just that.  It's infinitely useful for me.  I've even recommended it to friends that love to listen to music as much as i do!

So far i've found no flaws in the plugin and it works great.  I've had to coax a few of my less intelligent friends through the %artist and %title and all that, but they get the idea eventually. :P The only problem i've had thus far is that whenever the song in Winamp changes and MSN Messenger has to change my name, MSN Messenger freezes up for a moment while it changes it.  That may just be because i'm running on low memory, though, and none of my friends have complained about it.

Great job, and i highly recommend it to Winamp fans who want a simple and efficient way to bring their playlist to their display name. :)
[Image: msgplus8015black.gif]
Avid reader of Maddox
04-04-2005 03:47 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Klaymen

I have a problem with the 0.90 version, if I don't have the Winamp opened when I sign in the messenger crashes.
04-05-2005 09:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ErikSchierboom

42 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin
quote:
Originally posted by Trevor Saller
What a great plugin!

I'm always listening to music on my computer and i always find myself wanting to change my name to the song i'm listening to.  With this plugin, all i have to do is configure it to Trevor is listening to: %artist - "%title" and i've done just that.  It's infinitely useful for me.  I've even recommended it to friends that love to listen to music as much as i do!

So far i've found no flaws in the plugin and it works great.  I've had to coax a few of my less intelligent friends through the %artist and %title and all that, but they get the idea eventually. :P The only problem i've had thus far is that whenever the song in Winamp changes and MSN Messenger has to change my name, MSN Messenger freezes up for a moment while it changes it.  That may just be because i'm running on low memory, though, and none of my friends have complained about it.

Great job, and i highly recommend it to Winamp fans who want a simple and efficient way to bring their playlist to their display name. :)

Thank you very much for your compliments! You make me all enthusiastic to start working on my plugin again! Too bad that will be at least another two weeks. :(

quote:
Originally posted by Klaymen
I have a problem with the 0.90 version, if I don't have the Winamp opened when I sign in the messenger crashes.

I'll look into it as soon as I have time (which will probably be in two weeks or so :().
Download the MPWinamp plugin at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpwinamp/
04-06-2005 07:29 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MilesPrower

I have a problem that, as far as I can see, no one else has. I've got Messenger 7.0.0777, MSGPlus 3.52.130 and MPWinamp 0.90. It seems as some songs won't be accepted in my name. Some seems to long, one time it said that the name couldn't be accepted and one time my name was "UUUUUUUUUU". Does anyone know why and/or what I can do about it?
04-14-2005 07:58 PM
Da Dude

Are you still alive? :o

or if you are sleeping, then wake up and smell the competition :P
05-02-2005 12:57 PM
Stranglem

it isn't working for me.

Windows-versie: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger-versie: 7.0.0777
Messenger Plus!-versie: 3.52.0130
Winamp : 2.95

When i press configuration and i fill in %title.
My nickname changes in %title. But it doesnt show the song im playing in Winamp.  I tried to restart everything but it didnt helped.

some help please:p

I tried Song2Nick, but that didnt worked either....:S:S:S

EDIT 1:
when i type: (!XARTIST)

It also doesnt show the Artist name in the msn window.
But when i type:  (!XWA) using the WMplus 2-pluginn. It shows the correct song. But not in the nick...

This post was edited on 05-03-2005 at 10:27 AM by Stranglem.
05-03-2005 10:06 AM
Da Dude

try winamp 5
05-05-2005 01:17 AM
ErikSchierboom

42 / Male / –
O.P. RE: MPWinamp 0.80 Plugin
Boohoo, I won't be able to work on my plugin for a while. School is being a complete b*tch and work is extremely busy. Terribly sorry.
Download the MPWinamp plugin at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpwinamp/
05-05-2005 01:31 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Da Dude

any progres? free time?
06-04-2005 10:43 PM
Knorr

The plugin does some weird things, when some songs are played.

I geuss it can't deal with caracters, that can't be used in nicknames etc.

But couldn't you make an error handler?

It's quite annoying, when MSN shuts down, just because winamp changed to a song, that doesn't work with your script.

- Knorr
07-31-2005 08:18 PM
Pages: (15): « First « 11 12 13 14 [ 15 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: