What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » 4th Dimension

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
4th Dimension
Author: Message:
DJeX
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: 4th Dimension
quote:
Originally posted by Time
the other thing that isn't very specifically defined is the word "time" itself. interesting point to throw in there.

True. Heres what Dictionary.com says about time:

Time - A nonspatial continuum in which events occur in apparently irreversible succession from the past through the present to the future.

This is all true. But there are way too many definitions for time. Time is really everything and nothing together. It's everything by the way the universe flows in a ageing pattern but it's also nothing since we can not see it in physical form or capture it.
[Image: top.gif]
05-15-2005 03:15 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
SikStyles

DeathCult

34 / Male / Flag
RE: 4th Dimension
well ppl...welcome to the matrix! woohooo .. so u guys took red pill huh? guess wot i took it too :D

well i believe there is 4th dimension but just not visible to man..i believe there are many dimensons

define dimension
Dimension
# A measure of spatial extent, especially width, height, or length.
# Extent or magnitude; scope. Often used in the plural: a problem of alarming dimensions.
# Aspect; element: “He's a good newsman, and he has that extra dimension” (William S. Paley).
# Mathematics.

1. The least number of independent coordinates required to specify uniquely the points in a space.
   2. The range of such a coordinate.

# Physics. A physical property, such as mass, length, time, or a combination thereof, regarded as a fundamental measure or as one of a set of fundamental measures of a physical quantity: Velocity has the dimensions of length divided by time

(i swiped the definition from dictionry.com :wink: )

well anyways as cookie said dimension is not always visible or phyisical .. and if u want it as visible and physicial then i think its not doable

there is no way ur going to see 4 sides of a cube at the same time..there is always one side that is left in the darkness..which means 4th dimension is left in darkness for us -- the people

my thought :happy:

This post was edited on 05-15-2005 at 04:26 AM by SikStyles.
You're still breathing? Why?
Get off the cross, the wood is needed.
[Image: userbar.jpg]

05-15-2005 04:20 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
dylan!

l33t p4int3r

– / Male / Flag
ist a very good thought:P...i agree
05-17-2005 02:49 AM
Maniac

Posts including T&T: 1684

36 / Male / –
There are some comments i don't agree with, time isn't something man invented. We only invented hours/seconds etc to REPRESENT time.

Time actually exists as we can see in Einstein's theories of relativity the Big Bang, etc...
[Image: maniacsig0pb.jpg]
*It took Jesus 3 days to respawn! Talk about lag!* :rofl:
05-17-2005 02:52 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
dylan!

l33t p4int3r

– / Male / Flag
yes...but if there was no horus or seconds nobody would know what time is and it wouldnt really be invented so these ARE like time...there is like no such thing as time we just invented seconds and mesured them and stuff and what would time be without these?
05-17-2005 02:56 AM
Maniac

36 / Male / –
it would be a notion... just like "distance" would be without meters... just because you don't call a cat "cat" doesn't mean he doesnt exist ;)
05-17-2005 03:00 AM
dylan!

l33t p4int3r

– / Male / Flag
yeah...butstill...its confusing:P...time is nothing....time is just a mesurement...time is a mesurment that man made...miliseconds...seconds...minutes...hours...days...months...years...decades and so on...man invented them and without them there would be NO time because thats what time is...
05-17-2005 03:08 AM
Purity
Veteran Member

AngelFuck

34 / Female / –
So You're saying that if man never invented seconds and minutes and such, that nothing would be in motion, cause that's what time is....
[Image: puritysig8.jpg/]
www.purity.toastednet.org
05-17-2005 03:11 AM
Maniac

36 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by ~!dylan!~
yeah...butstill...its confusing:P...time is nothing....time is just a mesurement...time is a mesurment that man made...miliseconds...seconds...minutes...hours...days...months...years...decades and so on...man invented them and without them there would be NO time because thats what time is...

I'm saying that's not true!

I thought the same way til i started studying some advanced physics where it becomes clear that time is an actual dimension. Take a spaceship and fly REALLY fast you will "travel" slower in time.... once you get back on earth you could have been flying for a day while everyone on earth lived for a millenia... it's theoretically possible... Also, there are evidence that when the big bang happens (whatever caused it, lets not turn this into what created the world...) an infinite number of things got created at the same time meaning time was created only after the big bang... try googling around you might find stuff about this...

* Maniac puts down physics book

(i have my physics exam in 2 days :( )
05-17-2005 01:50 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites