What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Messenger Lock bug-auto send message to open windows then autosignout

Messenger Lock bug-auto send message to open windows then autosignout
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. Messenger Lock bug-auto send message to open windows then autosignout
In Messenger Lock options, if you choose to signing out automatically when locking messenger and wants to send a message to open chat windows, that message cannot be sent because you aren't signed in when Plus! forces to send the message. Therefore, maybe disabling auto message option when auto-sign out is selected in "when locking messenger", Plus! users won't be disappointed due to unsent messages to their contacts.

EDIT: Please read my different point of view about Messenger Lock from this post

This post was edited on 04-11-2007 at 04:41 AM by ahmetgns.
03-15-2007 07:33 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
deAd
Scripting Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Lock suggestion-disable auto send message to open windows when autosignout
sounds like a good idea (y)
03-15-2007 09:36 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Lock bug-when signing out automatically, auto messages can't be sent
I have just tested it and messages could be sent successfully. I mean there is not a bug here like mentioned in first post in this thread.

However I have noticed some other thing just now again. That is, when I set 'Change my status' to "Sign Out" when locking Messenger,  and when locking Messenger while my status is 'Appear Offline' it doesn't sign me out. It stays as Appear Offline. Maybe Patchou intentionally coded Plus! like this  but WHY?
03-31-2007 11:05 AM
Jesus
Scripting Contest Winner

Koffie, my cat ;)

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Lock bug-auto send message to open windows then autosignout
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
I have just tested it and messages could be sent successfully. I mean there is not a bug here like mentioned in first post in this thread.
So basically, you reported a bug of which you weren't even sure if it existed :/

quote:
However I have noticed some other thing just now again. That is, when I set 'Change my status' to "Sign Out" when locking Messenger,  and when locking Messenger while my status is 'Appear Offline' it doesn't sign me out. It stays as Appear Offline. Maybe Patchou intentionally coded Plus! like this  but WHY?
My guess is that it is because when you appear offline, your contacts already see you as offline, so there's no need to actually sign out.
It's just a guess, IMO it should sign out no matter what when you set it to sign out and lock messenger.
Man is least himself when he is in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. (Oscar Wilde)
03-31-2007 11:52 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
the appear-offline protection is indeed to prevent the status to be changed back to busy for instance. But you're right, sign-out means sign-out, it will be fixed.
[Image: signature2.gif]
03-31-2007 07:03 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Lock bug-auto send message to open windows then autosignout
Thanks!

Offtopic: Btw, is Turkish included in the next version? I don't want to be annoying by insisting on this subject but I want a clear answer. Thanks again...
04-01-2007 03:32 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Coiul be, I have to check that out again, sorry for the delay on this subject.
[Image: signature2.gif]
04-02-2007 05:47 AM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Lock bug-auto send message to open windows then autosignout
Does it make sense to have Online in the list of  " 'Change my status' option when locking Messenger"? (This was offtopic, you may see :))
04-05-2007 11:33 PM
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
Does it make sense to have Online in the list of  " 'Change my status' option when locking Messenger"? (This was offtopic, you may see :))

Um, yes it makes sence, whoever locks it might want to be online when it's locked.
04-05-2007 11:40 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: