What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Got school laptop, but its restricted..

Pages: (9): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] Last »
Got school laptop, but its restricted..
Author: Message:
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: Got school laptop, but its restricted..
quote:
Originally posted by vikke
If they were so stupid how could they install this protection and why can't you remove it?

POWNED.

Now stop arguing and just do the god damn Unfreeze :p.
09-14-2007 08:46 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ryxdp

29 / Male / Flag
I should point out one thing here, even if it contributes nothing, because I seem to be the only one who thinks it's worth reading.

You can refreeze the HDD with DeepUnfreezer. All this guy has to do is make a note of the system state before he unfreezes it, then when he has to give it back, deletes all the stuff that wasn't there before and refreezes it. Simple as that.

He also might have a legit reason to unfreeze the HDD. What if he piled all his homework/assignments/etc. on it, then where would it go? It would be deleted after he reboots. I see no reason for him not to unfreeze it if he is in that situation.

My two cents, and please no flaming :/
09-14-2007 10:36 PM
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Got school laptop, but its restricted..
The school won't have a cry if it's unfrozen. When they get it back, they'll just take it back and ghost it. You wouldn't need to refreeze it or "cover your tracks", it's just unlocking the computer to work better. It won't be very educational if it's frozen.

quote:
Originally posted by Ryxpia
I should point out one thing here, even if it contributes nothing, because I seem to be the only one who thinks it's worth reading.

You can refreeze the HDD with DeepUnfreezer. All this guy has to do is make a note of the system state before he unfreezes it, then when he has to give it back, deletes all the stuff that wasn't there before and refreezes it. Simple as that.

He also might have a legit reason to unfreeze the HDD. What if he piled all his homework/assignments/etc. on it, then where would it go? It would be deleted after he reboots. I see no reason for him not to unfreeze it if he is in that situation.
(Y)
| [Image: dorsh] |

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
09-14-2007 11:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Steven

Phillup you little devil you/..

30 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Got school laptop, but its restricted..
quote:
Originally posted by rav0
The school won't have a cry if it's unfrozen. When they get it back, they'll just take it back and ghost it. You wouldn't need to refreeze it or "cover your tracks", it's just unlocking the computer to work better. It won't be very educational if it's frozen.

(Y)

Thank you guys for being on my side. Anyways, only programs disappear, not exes, programs that I install. I made an autoinstall. bat file so it installs for me after restart but thats still annoying
[Image: sig2ni2.gif] 
09-14-2007 11:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
surfichris
Former Admin

Consider this thread closed - do not bring it up for discussion again, or any kind of discussion about bypassing school systems, networks, proxies - you'll be banned.

The laptop is your schools property, it is locked down so it works on their corporate network without possible infection of viruses, or an altered level of system access, and actually works properly with their supported software.

People who think they own these machines need to step back & read their schools code of conduct, or the rules they were supplied with when they received the machine. It is not yours to do what you see fit with. I think you'll find that you can easily be suspended for what you're doing and have your laptop taken off you.

I work for two schools & manage their networks, this is the exact kind of thing which extremely pisses us off and we suspend students for.

quote:
Originally posted by Ryxpia
There is a particular reason flash drives, portable hard drives & CD burners were invented.
09-14-2007 11:43 PM
Pages: (9): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: