What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » final negotiations,Devilin the uninstall page

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
final negotiations,Devilin the uninstall page
Author: Message:
Sam Spade

<Insert inspirational comment here>

58 / – / –
RE: final negotiations,Devilin the uninstall page
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
EVEN THEN IT IS WRONG REREAD MY POSTS

<sigh> You're SHOUTING!!!
12-06-2004 10:26 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Devilin

O.P. RE: final negotiations,Devilin the uninstall page
Opps  forgot to turn of email notification, last post honest:D

I entered the Lions den, to poke the lion, and to get some answers,

What started, as healthy debate, arguments, and counter arguments, resulted in me changing parts of my page, which I believe was healthy and productive,------ but this ended up becoming a petty and bickering non discussion, I myself must take a large proportion of the blame for this, I apologize for this, anyway any continued discussion on this forum, obviously isn't useful or helpful, for anybody

Did I come here looking for links ? when you have your own uninstall guide, think about it

Did I come here looking for approval, again think about it

And while you've thinking about it, consider this, its a high graphic content page

?  So why did I come here, why have I built an entire site dedicated to helping people ?, profit?  The ads I run pay for the site, and creates enough revenue to produce another site, and what's the other site about, helping people, and a bit of fun

So why do I spend my valuable time helping people ? again think about it

If somebody wishes to discuss possible alterations, on a serious level, use my form, I'll arrange a neutral forum--- the offer is there, although I doubt it will be taken up---

If you like to continue ranting, please continue below this post;)

Have fun all

12-06-2004 09:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Devilin
Opps  forgot to turn of email notification, last post honest :D

I'm sure nobody minds you still posting, as long as you aren't the instigator of any more arguments throught this forum.

quote:
What started, as healthy debate, arguments, and counter arguments, resulted in me changing parts of my page, which I believe was healthy and productive,------ but this ended up becoming a petty and bickering non discussion, I myself must take a large proportion of the blame for this, I apologize for this, anyway any continued discussion on this forum, obviously isn't useful or helpful, for anybody

Did I come here looking for links ? when you have your own uninstall guide, think about it

And while you've thinking about it, consider this, its a high graphic content page

?  So why did I come here, why have I built an entire site dedicated to helping people ?, profit?  The ads I run pay for the site, and creates enough revenue to produce another site, and what's the other site about, helping people, and a bit of fun

If somebody wishes to discuss possible alterations, on a serious level, use my form, I'll arrange a neutral forum--- the offer is there, although I doubt it will be taken up---

Have fun all

The changes in your page weren't healthy and productive, they were just biased views on messenger plus! and its sponsor program. The, as you say, 'bickering' wasn't petty, we were merely trying to get our points of view accross, and giving you the actual facts, you, being narrow minded (as said by cookie), refused to take our information, and instead, put as you pleased on your site, regardless if the facts were true or not.

Actually, you did pretty much come here for approval in my opinion, or just to show the page, it may have been a mistake from your point of view, but it was also helping you, but you didn't listen to anything we said, you refuse to put the facts on your page, what we say isn't just utter rubbish, its the truth! If you want to make a decent page, then stake the facts, don't just state your opinion on what you think of it, thats not everybodies opinion, and if they read into plus! properly, then they would probably agree with us rather than to agree with you!

This page isn't really helping people, its putting a negative outlook on Messenger Plus! get the facts!

What we are saying is on a serious level, but the way that you are posting, sarcastically, not listening to other peoples opinions is making other members angry, therefore, making you the instigator of these 'petty' outbreaks of 'bickering'.
12-06-2004 09:36 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: final negotiations,Devilin the uninstall page
I said to myself that I wasn't going to reply anymore as it wouldn't have any result anyway and it would be lost energie. But after some time and after your last post, Devilin, I need to reply (again)...

quote:
Opps  forgot to turn of email notification, last post honest:D
We don't want you gone here, if you think that, though. You would've been banned long ago if that was the case...

quote:
If you mean the getthefacts-page, no you didn't come here for links. But we offered it as an digested overview of some facts, to answer all the hard rumours that are out there. Despite you said you wanted to put the views of all the parties on your page, you declined it. Fine, your loss (in our opinion). No harm done...

quote:
Yes, I do think so. You said yourself that you wanted to check if the page was ok and asked if the uninstall routine was correct. But, nothing wrong in asking for approval of course...

quote:
I don't get this point realy. Do you mean the graphics are the most important part? In that case, maybe you are correct. But the text accompanying graphics is actually as important though...

"A picture says thousand words", but a picture with a correct explaination tells the whole story...

quote:
Turn that around....

Why do you think we are here? This forum counts thousands and thousands of members. People who are enthiousiastic MSN Messenger users. We are here to help them. This forum is created as the helpline of the most popular addon of MSN Messenger in the world. We wouldn't had so much members and users of Messenger Plus! (millions and millions of people) if we are full of "BS".

This forum is among the biggest Messenger-related forums in the world. Go take a look at comminuties like mess.be, msnfanatic, etc... and you'll see that almost all people will agree with "our" facts (which you call biased opinions).

In the end we both want the same thing. To inform and help other people. We are not here to play the boogie-man...

quote:
Because you enjoy it doing that. Again, turn that around. It is the same for us. Nobody on this forum (and the other major forums) gets payed, nobody!

The only gratitude we get is the knowledge that with our help people understand better how things work and that they, after our help, can work out the things for themself with common sense. In our case that's mainly Messenger Plus!....

In our case, the only person that has some "cache" revenue is Patchou, the creator of all this. Who added an addware sponsor to cover for all the expenses that this major forum, the website, the dedicated server, etc... brings.

Again, if we were the boogie-man (as some sites claim) then why have we so many members and why are there so many people who  use Plus! every day. If a program is bad, I can assure you that it wont have much users.

We do it for the good feeling of helping people out. Same as you...

quote:

I can easly take this paragraph as offensive as we discussed the alternatives on a serious level, only you didn't wanted to grasp that and hided behind the same hollow arguments over and over again.

Also, don't hold it against us that we (at least I) don't believe in the "neutral" forum of yours anymore, after reading this thread. I, personaly, even offered you my time and help and assistance with your site to make it more professional (without changing the things you've put up there, even if they were incorrect IMO). I think that was a token of my seriousness and ability to stay neutral. If you think otherwise, your loss and no problem. But don't go  posting that we aren't serieus and didn't try to discuss alternatives....

quote:
Have fun all
We sure will. And for you the same if you decide to leave us...

This post was edited on 12-07-2004 at 01:58 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-07-2004 01:51 AM
f1d0d1d08989

33 / Male / –
quote:
Opps  forgot to turn of email notification, last post honest

Firstly, I doubt that you will not even come and see what our reaction will be. Although you may not log in and post anything, but you will come here as a Guest and see what the people here reply to you.

quote:
I entered the Lions den, to poke the lion, and to get some answers,

What do you mean by 'poking the lion'? You feel that we are those people who cant listen to opinions and suggestions from other people, and will start bickering about it after someone leave a opinion, dont you?
We are not this kind of people, I can say. Although I registered only this month, but I have been following the forums for about a year or so, signing in as Guest. As far as I remembered, nobody here is like you. Maybe you can say that I am bickering with you now. And you cant be bothered to deal with all the things that I said here. But, think about yourself first.

quote:

If you didnt come and look for approval, why did you start this thread in the first place? You mean you are the kind of person who likes to do something, then say that you didnt do in later? You can just ignore what we have said and continue with your uninstall page, and need not continue 'bickering' with us, just like what you have said.

quote:

Dont we help each other here too? Dont our time is valuable? We have our own lives too. And we help each other out here, solving each other's problems, for nothing. Its just the happiness that I can help others to get rid of his or her problems.

quote:

If you like to continue ranting, please continue below this post

I dont think that anyone here wish to continue talking to you. Its pointless, because you dont change. There will be not results, even after two threads, one with 32 replies, and this, 24 replies, including mine.
Do you know why I wanted to continue posting? Its because I want to tell you what I feel, even though you may not read this, which I doubt.

quote:
Have fun all

I am having great fun, whether you are here or not.
12-07-2004 04:13 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: