What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » final negotiations,Devilin the uninstall page

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
final negotiations,Devilin the uninstall page
Author: Message:
Devilin

O.P. Cool  final negotiations,Devilin the uninstall page
http://chooseknowledge.com/How-to-uninstall-Messenger-Plus.htm

Is everybody happy with this

Taking into consideration, and please read this extremely careful ( cookie )

My page primary traffic will be from , help forums that use hijack this, helping people to overcome difficulties, this was the reason for creating the page

And although I'm sure some of you would like to encourage, a  entirely separate association with the sponsor program C2 the association is inevitable, because the two programs are downloaded in the same zip msgplus file, the two programs are installed in the one continuous installation screen, to uninstall C2 the user must uninstall messenger plus, my page will not be used, as a platform to distance one program from another, although I understand your reasons for trying

My page will not be used as a platform, for saying, the messenger plus and C2, are easily uninstall,---  although they can be, they can also be extremely difficult to uninstall, they can cause serious problems and misery to the messenger plus user ,

I will not at this point link to the facts page, the page itself contains many distorted statements under the title facts, if you like to discuss this, please start another thread, and I, and probably others, can run through the entire page, pointing out the mistakes, and misleading information,

Who to blame ?, when things do go wrong

Patchou, people through circumstances completely beyond their control, will suffer serious problems and misery, so whom should make complaints to,?  Should I consider you as a valid form of complaints ?,  no in your own how to uninstall guide, you state

"do not create another thread to complain, that's pointless"

And if somebody did complain to you, what would you do?  What have you done so far ? to address these serious issues ?,

I'm always open for suggestions and alterations, to my page So ? Is everybody happy with this
http://chooseknowledge.com/How-to-uninstall-Messenger-Plus.htm

12-04-2004 02:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Devilin

O.P. RE: final negotiations,Devilin the uninstall page
With no replies, I'll assume everybody's happy, (Y)

I'm sure the other help forums will keep me updated on any major change, to your software

I hope you and your sponsor, resolve your differences, with the security software, so I can eventually remove a high graphic content page:D

Your a decent and honorable bunch of people, and its been interesting, chatting with you, 8-|, and its a pleasure to see so much reliable support, for the users,

Patchou, if you decide to revise your facts page, please inform me, I don't believe your doing yourself or messenger plus full justice with it, offering dynamically opposed statements to some valid points, with no middle ground, I believe makes you look unsympathetic to peoples concerns and problems, which your obviously not

Have fun all

12-05-2004 10:42 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: final negotiations,Devilin the uninstall page
quote:
Originally posted by Devilin
With no replies, I'll assume everybody's happy,
This is a forum. This means you'll have to wait for replies. People have lives too; we don't sit here in front on our computer 24/7. I'm very often on this forum (most then average) and only now I've seen your new thread... Give it time (at least till Patchou had the change to read this)...

quote:
And if somebody did complain to you, what would you do?  What have you done so far ? to address these serious issues ?
I can assure you that Patchou has done many things and continue to do many things to address complains.

He has many times contacted C2Media to address some things which they have changed. He has many times improved the setupscreen of Messenger Plus! to make users more aware of the sponsor (even if that meant that his income would drop!!), etc...

Read the forums and investigate yourself...

quote:
Patchou, if you decide to revise your facts page, please inform me, I don't believe your doing yourself or messenger plus full justice with it, offering dynamically opposed statements to some valid points, with no middle ground, I believe makes you look unsympathetic to peoples concerns and problems, which your obviously not

If you have issues regarding "the facts"-page, then the forum is here to address them. It can't be more dynamic then that....

As I sated in a private post to you, the title "How to remove Messenger Plus 3 / C2Media" _IS_ wrong. You talk about distorted statements and misleading information, well this title is a distored statement and misleading information itself. And that is not a biased opinion, it is a fact.

1) Messenger Plus! 3 is not C2Media
2) Messenger Plus! 3 is not made or from C2Media
3) The sponsor is from C2Media
4) Your guide does not explain how to uninstall C2Media. In fact you can not uninstall C2Media, as this is a company name.

quote:
And although I'm sure some of you would like to encourage, a  entirely separate association with the sponsor program C2 the association is inevitable, because the two programs are downloaded in the same zip msgplus file, the two programs are installed in the one continuous installation screen, to uninstall C2 the user must uninstall messenger plus, my page will not be used, as a platform to distance one program from another, although I understand your reasons for trying
The point is that nobody want to seperate the association between the sponsor and C2Media. So, your argument would be true, if you included the word sponsor into the title, just like leito.gt had suggested in that other thread.

But if you don't have the space to add that long title, you can _not_ simply leave some words out because then the whole meaning of that title will be changed. See points above.

To give an example of what you did:
eg: original title: "computer literature helpdesk"
you changed it to "computer helpdesk"

So, without doubling the lines (which you can do as you've previously told us), it is:
* "How to remove Messenger Plus!'s sponsor (C2Media)"
* or "Remove Messenger Plus!'s sponsor (C2Media)"
* or "How to remove Messenger Plus!"
* or "Remove Messenger Plus!"

This post was edited on 12-05-2004 at 11:22 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-05-2004 10:47 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Devilin

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
With no replies, I'll assume everybody's happy,
This is a forum. This means you'll have to wait for replies. People have lives to, we don't sit here in front on our computer 24/7. I'm very often on this forum (most then others) and only now I've seen your new thread... Give it time (at least till Patchou had the change to read this)...

The thread, was quickly disappearing, it had over 30 viewers with no replies, although I appreciate the time and effort everybody in this forum gives, I also have other interests which limits my time

quote:
And if somebody did complain to you, what would you do?  What have you done so far ? to address these serious issues ?
I can assure you that Patchou has done many things and continue to do many things to address complains. Read the forums...

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
do not create another thread to complain, that's pointless.

I wish I had time to read every post in this forum, unfortunately I don't, although I have read some, my time is limited, perhaps a specific complaints page?  might resolve this

quote:

If you have issues regarding "the facts"-page, then the forum is here to address them. It can't be more dynamic then that....

quote:
I will not at this point link to the facts page, the page itself contains many distorted statements under the title facts, if you like to discuss this, please start another thread, and I, and probably others, can run through the entire page, pointing out the mistakes, and misleading information,
Maybe you misread this,?  I'm sure that's I suggested myself

As I sated in a private post to you, the title "How to remove Messenger Plus 3 / C2Media" _IS_ wrong. You talk about distorted statements and misleading information, well this title is distored information and misleading information itself. And that is not a biased opinion, it is a fact.

quote:

?  What zip file do you download ?  messenger plus & C2 media sponsor zip?  No msgplus 
the two programs are installed in the one continuous installation screen
to uninstall C2 the user must uninstall messenger plus

my page will not be used, as a platform to distance one program from another

1) Messenger Plus! 3 is not C2Media-- although there combined in the zip file, installation, uninstall, and I at no point suggested they were the same program
2) Messenger Plus! 3 is not made or from C2Media-------although there combined in the zip file, installation, uninstall, and I at no point suggested they were the same program
3) The sponsor is from C2Media-------although there combined in the zip file, installation, uninstall, and I at no point suggested they were the same program

4) Your guide does not explain how to uninstall C2Media. In fact you can not uninstall C2Media, as this is a company name. no you uninstall, messenger plus?  These lines of difference, are very innocuous

quote:
That argument would be true, if you included the word sponsor into the title, just like leito.gt had suggested in that other thread. But if you don't have the space to add that long title, you can not simply leave some words out because the whole meaning of that title will be changed. See points above.

Although I sure you'd like me to insert the entire facts page, in the title, it isn't possible , unless you can conceive of a alternative title, but as I stated, I'm not a platform to distance one program from another
12-05-2004 11:25 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
sorry, but you are clearly missing the point...

quote:
quote:
1) Messenger Plus! 3 is not C2Media
2) Messenger Plus! 3 is not made or from C2Media
3) The sponsor is from C2Media
although there combined in the zip file, installation, uninstall
1) Even if they are combined that doesn't mean they are the same.
2) As said before C2Media is a COMPANY name, not the name of piece of software

quote:
and I at no point suggested they were the same program
Yes you do by using the title "How to remove Messenger Plus 3 / C2Media", that's the whole point...

quote:
quote:
4) Your guide does not explain how to uninstall C2Media. In fact you can not uninstall C2Media, as this is a company name. no you uninstall, messenger plus?
These lines of difference, are very innocuous
These lines are unbiased facts.

quote:
Although I sure you'd like me to insert the entire facts page, in the title
NO, I don't, reread all my posts.

quote:
unless you can conceive of a alternative title
Reread my posts and private post, since you changed the title, I constantly said to use: "How to remove Messenger Plus!" instead.

To give an example of what you did:
eg: original title: "computer literature helpdesk"
you changed it to "computer helpdesk"
And that clearly does not mean the same...

So, without doubling the lines (which you can do as you've previously told us), it is:
* "How to remove Messenger Plus!'s sponsor (C2Media)"
* or "Remove Messenger Plus!'s sponsor (C2Media)"

PS: try to use the quote system properly.

quote:
The thread, was quickly disappearing, it had over 30 viewers with no replies
guests who can't post, can still view the thread. 30 views mean nothing. This is a big forum

quote:
although I appreciate the time and effort everybody in this forum gives, I also have other interests which limits my time
Same as we. If you're serious about making your uninstall page, you can at least wait for Patchou's reply....

quote:
I wish I had time to read every post in this forum, unfortunately I don't
If you're serious about making your uninstall page, at least take the time to investigate it properly instead of making false assumptions.

quote:
although I have read some, my time is limited, perhaps a specific complaints page? might resolve this
That is why this forum is here. Again, if you're so serious about making your uninstall page, at least take the time.

This post was edited on 12-05-2004 at 11:58 AM by CookieRevised.
12-05-2004 11:47 AM
Devilin

Hi CookieRevised

Fact, the glass is Half empty, anybody whom says it isn't is obviously lying, and hasn't research the matter fully:D

The same statement could also be applied to the glass is Half fall, the glass contains 50% liquid, the liquid is surrounded by 50 percent more glass, etc. etc. etc. all are valid depending upon your point of view,

CookieRevised, there are no facts, on a fundamental level, nothing can be proved or disapproved, apart from I think therefore I exist, but even that is open to interpretation, even the basis, of one of the most fundamental laws, e=mc squared, energy = mass squared by the speed of light, C. standing for the speed of light, the only universal Constant,  isn't entirely accurate the speed of light isn't constant, its affected by gravity, and some other stuff, which I won't go into

Back to the name used for how to uninstall,
I worked it out this way, from a absolute beginners point of view, all that suggests, the two programs, should be perceived as one, outweigh all the suggestions, they should not be perceived as one,

from the initial download, the installation, the uninstall,

from the beginners point of view,   obviously if the beginner fully research the matter, it might indeed change their perception,

CookieRevised, slow down, calm down and try to keep a Open mind about this, and try to perceive this, from the point of view, of somebody whom knows little about computers, has ended up in trouble, and has ended up on my page, because they were pointed there by a help forum

Taking this into consideration, if you can think of a better title, please let me no,------- as I previously stated, I cannot double line, because it would conflict with the background  choose knowledge image, and I don't wish to alter the text size and lose continuity with the other pages
12-05-2004 01:25 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
CookieRevised, slow down, calm down and try to keep a Open mind about this, and try to perceive this, from the point of view, of somebody whom knows little about computers, has ended up in trouble, and has ended up on my page, because they were pointed there by a help forum
1) I have a far more open mind then you it seems
2) What you clearly don't understand is that some things are FACTS and are not open for discussion (and that has nothing to do with cencorship). I've done nothing more then talking about facts. I didn't say a word about things which are open for interpretation.
3) When you state "Messenger Plus!/C2Media", that CLEARLY UNDOUBTEDLY WITHOUT DISCUSSION means "Messenger Plus! = C2Media"

Look up the meaning of the symbol "/". I don't say this because I use Messenger Plus!. Every independant person will say the same. This has NOTHING todo with "look at it from a absolute beginners point of view" because it is NOT a point of view but a grammatic language fact.

And Messenger Plus! is NOT C2Media:
1) C2Media is a company, while Messenger Plus! is a program
3) Mesenger Plus! is NOT made by C2Media
2) If you mention C2Media it can only be done in association with the SPONSOR of Messenger Plus!

quote:
Taking this into consideration, if you can think of a better title, please let me no,------- as I previously stated, I cannot double line, because it would conflict with the background  choose knowledge image, and I don't wish to alter the text size and lose continuity with the other pages
AGAIN: reread my posts. I've states the alternatives again and again. I will repeat it one more time:

So, WITHOUT doubling the lines (which you can do as you've previously told us), it is:
* "How to remove Messenger Plus' sponsor (C2Media)"
* or "Remove Messenger Plus' sponsor (C2Media)"

take your pick, whatever fits...

EDIT: Oh, and for your information, the title "How to remove Messenger Plus' sponsor (C2Media)" is NOT too long. I just edited the page myself, and it nicely fits in there without a double line and without changing anything to the fonts, etc... So surely the other three alternatives fit also (ADDENDUM: After Chrono's post, honesty demands me to say that the title-test of mine was done in 1024x786 screen resolution)

This post was edited on 12-05-2004 at 08:51 PM by CookieRevised.
12-05-2004 01:47 PM
Sam Spade

<Insert inspirational comment here>

58 / – / –
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
3) When you state "Messenger Plus!/C2Media", that CLEARLY UNDOUBTEDLY WITHOUT DISCUSSION means "Messenger Plus! = C2Media"

Look up the meaning of the symbol "/". I don't say this because I use Messenger Plus!. Every independant person will say the same. This has NOTHING todo with "look at it from a absolute beginners point of view" because it is NOT a point of view but a grammatic language fact.

You are incorrect.  An " / " does not equate with an " = ".

On the page in question, the separator can be read to be simply an abbreviation (replacement) for the word "and" or "or", or even better "and/or". 

Going on your assessment of the separator, the meaning of very common phraseology and/or would be 'and = or".  This is incorrect.

Consider this grammatical form of multiple choice that I have seen on various forms over time.

I wish to see a doctor and/or a nurse.

I do/do not wish to receive further correspondence.
I have/have not applied for US citizenship.
I will/will not be seeking further information.

Of course, English is not the primary/common language of Belgium.  The nuances of the English language easily fade without constant use and study.
12-05-2004 02:31 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Sam Spade
On the page in question, the separator can be read to be simply an abbreviation (replacement) for the word "and" or "or", or even better "and/or". 
EVEN THEN IT IS WRONG REREAD MY POSTS
12-05-2004 02:47 PM
Devilin

Read your posts, CookieRevised  like this one ?

quote:
In other words, it is not because you didn't come across such boxes that it is a rare/unusual method. Facts are that it is a very commonly known/reconized method (also the reason why nobody ever complained about it)....

This is from when you tried, to convince me that Lots of programs used security number boxes, while uninstalling, the use of the word facts, and the The Virgule/  certainly are revealed

http://englishplus.com/grammar/00000140.htm

Fact, the messenger plus, download page, mentions a sponsor, in small text, at the bottom of a line of small text, it doesn't mention,C2 media directly -http://www.msgplus.net/download.php

Fact, once downloaded, the zip files name, is msgplus, again no mention of C2 media

Fact once unziped  the file is under the name msgplus-setup, again no mention of C2 media,

fact Only on the third screen during installation is C2 media mentioned

The facts show the lack of prominence of C2 media's name, and the prominence of messenger plus's name, while uninstalling C2 media, This is done under the name messenger plus 3

And you'd like me to highlight C2 media's prominence, and  diminished the prominence of messenger plus, and any possible association with C2 media

? you are joking aren't you ?

I'm prepared to listen and adjust my page to any request, but I will not be used as a platform, to promote a one sided distorted point of view

My original name for the page was

How to remove Messenger Plus!"

I was asked to include the name C2 media

This post was edited on 12-05-2004 at 07:28 PM by Devilin.
12-05-2004 07:08 PM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: